LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

parallel

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by parallel »

ladajo,
I have never had the slightest interest in your opinion. I replied because your repetitive libelous statements got annoying.
You are just an anonymous troll and you have given me no reason to believe a word you wrote..

Wait for the Elforsk report and add just news if there is any, otherwise stop polluting this thread

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

The differnce between us is that you have blind faith in Rossi and that is all you fall back to.
If I had a nickel for everytime you have said wait and see about Rossi over the last four years...

You are a sad old man looking for purpose. Good luck with that.

Rossi is full of shit and you know it.
One year from now there will still be nothing but empty promises and delays.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

parallel

Post by parallel »

ladajo,
I'm a engineer, you're an anonymous troll.
Who do suppose is most likely to be right?

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

One vote for ladajo,
I wager 20 quatlues
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Asterix wrote:Advocates like to compare Rossi to the Wright brothers, saying that some contemporaries opined that heavier-than-air flight was impossible. Well, given the technology then available, it was impossible. I have not, to this day, seen a steam-powered airplaine, although Langley reportedly tried.

It wasn't until the internal combustion engine arrived on the scene, that a sufficient power-to-weight ratio device made powered flight possible. After the Wrights made their initial flight, the fruits of their labors were availabe for anyone to see.

This is not the case with Rossi and Defkalion. There have been no open public (i.e. available for anyone to inspect) demonstrations of either operation's technology. If or when that occurs, I'll be delighted to change my opinion. But right now, Rossi smells like a scam to this person.
Let's forget Rossi and talk about Mizuno

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/YoshinoHreplicable.pdf

This fully documented Ni/D test ran for 1 month and demonstrated a COP of 1.9 producing 108 MJ of excess energy with transmutation of Deuterium into hydrogen.

People are replicating this test now.

As you require, the fruits of Mizuno's labors were available for anyone to see.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Axil,
It doesn't matter how many examples you give of LENR working, and there are many, the old school scientists like ee-tom will maintain "Any anomalous heat is proof of measurement error" (his Fist Law) and the trolls, who get their pleasure from insulting others, are not interested in the truth. Hence you are unlikely to find any real scientific debate on a blog like this one.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

parallel wrote:ladajo,
I'm a engineer, you're an anonymous troll.
Who do suppose is most likely to be right?
What makes you less of an anonomous troll than me?
For all I know you are an angry little kid with no friends pretending to be a grown up.
You sure act that way sometimes.

If it makes you feel any better, I too have an engineering background. However, I have long ago moved on to other things with my professional life. Although I did enjoy my time on my path, which had been Nuclear, then Applied Engineering for Industrial Electrical applications (mostly desing and installation of motors and controls for manufacturing), and then I dabbled a bit in Telecom engineering, working with design and engineering for programmble switches (not big iron). One of my prouder moments was actually mechanical, coming up with a ball and cup torsion stress sensor mounting system that is now widely used in various industries to mount weight sensors in a sheer stress or dirty environment. Silly me at the time did not patent it, as it seemed so obvious. In retrospect, I should have. I was also at the leading edge of dynamic braking applications for invertors. I worked with two major manufacuturers to refine use of invertors as not only drives, but regenerative braking systems. I am sure our early work there influenced follow on applications for cars. Ironically, my partner in crime at the time and I were not so much interested in charging batteries. We knew we could, but that was not what we were up to. My skills have served me well over the years, lately I have mostly applied them to maintaining two older Jeep Grand Cherokees. One of which, I am proud to say turned 16 this past January, and has literally travelled all over North America (except Alaska and also most of Europe, to include U.K., Greece and Turkey. I have owned both of them from birth. We have had and have other vehicles, but I am partial to the Jeeps. But anyway, enough about me, I am just an anonomous troll who thinks Rossi is an idiot and liar.

You are a lemming. No offense again, just my opinion. Watch out for the cliff Rossi is leading you over. The fall may be fun, but that sudden decel at the bottom can be a bitch.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

This post by axil shows more data than Rossi has ever shown. The difference between the two is too big to easily mention. Once again showing why Rossi is not to be trusted. But enough Rossi bashing, this at first Glance looks like it will be a very interesting November.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I have been tkaing a closer look at the numbers and crunching them a little.
One of the interesting things is that if you average the COP numbers, the electrode COP average for all the runs is 1.32, whereas if you average the reacter temp COP it is 1.2. You need to drop the one bad run (#33).

Goes to show that measuring heat is never easy.
Also of interest is the run times, the really long runs showed the highest COPs. Wonder why that is?
But either way, you are talking about days and weeks to get an average COP of 1.25 ish. Not huge return. It is also interesting to know why it takes so long for a small device to reach higher levels of COP.
The short runs were typically lower in output.
I also find it worth looking into the variance between Electrode and Reactor temp and which is higher when. It does not seem to track at first glance with any apparent reason against variables like gas type/ pressure / heating.

parallel

Post by parallel »

ladajo,
What makes you less of an anonomous troll than me?
For all I know you are an angry little kid with no friends pretending to be a grown up.
If you care to look at the http://theeestory.ning.com/forum blog you will see me posting as Parallel, showing my picture and where I live. I have headed engineering for three major corporations in Canada and the US before starting a consulting company in 1981 that took me around the world. I have posted links to my patents like the invention of the ATM machine and various papers such as cleaning up the radwaste in Hanford, that show my name. Adrian Ashfield.

You remain anonymous so you can libel people (you think with impunity) and lie about anything else you want to. I didn't see anything in what you wrote suggesting work of national importance.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well Adrian, (if in fact that is really you and you are not masquarading as so many do), nice to meet you.
You really are a sad old man looking for purpose late in life.

With great regret I must inform you that you did not invent the ATM.
I took a quick spin on 'your' patent. At best you re-invented the watchman's rounds clock & key system. Been around a long time that idea has.

Well anyway, I am very sure that you were hugely succesfull in your life. I am also sure that you did every single thing you claim, well, except the ATM thing.

In any event, I am really a 9 year old girl, and I have an invisible pink mute unicorn in my garage. She is my best friend and we talk all the time.
I also play baseball for the Bruins. I need a bigger glove though. Oh, I almost forgot, my unicorn only talks to one other person, who is the famous Clown Rossi. She assures me he is a really nice and honest man.

I am thinking you were a jackass to work with. Never listened to the other guy much did you? I am guessing that everyone else were idiots and you were always right. No offense intended.

parallel

Post by parallel »

ladajo,
I never expected you to get the point, that the patent was the first to combine the identity of the user with the key, but as you write you are a nine year old girl and so lie, that is no big surprise. See http://gilspencerblog.blogspot.com/2010 ... ement.html (DelcoTimes) for confirmation of who I am.
Please get back on topic and wait for the Elforsk report if you have no real news.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Oh Parallel.
I have tried so hard.

Please understand that this is America and thus I do not give a rat's ass who you are. It is my constitutional right.

Around here you have behaved like a boob. I take that as face value. That is also my constitutional right.

Move along sad old man seeking purpose, you have none here.

I have to go and feed my unicorn now or mommy will get mad at me.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

paperburn1 wrote:One vote for ladajo,
I wager 20 quatlues

:lol:
Love the reference
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

parallel wrote:It seems the trolls have moved onto this thread. Pity. MSimon could you be persuaded to moderate this thread, so that it would be worth staying?
I am moderating this thread by the same rules that have governed this board since its inception. i.e. practically none. You can abuse each other as much as you want. You can present any information you like. Just don't post pr0n images or links.

In the whole time this board has been in operation there has only been one person kicked off for violating the rules and he was warned several times before that happened.

If you want to see real vituperation see the thread in General where ladajo and I are at each others throats. A truly disgusting display by both of us. None the less we remain on cordial terms on other topics.

As to the topic at hand - I think there is something to LENR. I'm not sure what. I'm still inclined to towards --> Rossi is a scam artist. LENR may be a materials problem - insufficient purity, crystal structure not consistent enough over large enough ares/volumes, purity, isotopes involved, something else. Or a COP of 2 or so may be all that can ever be achieved. Interesting, possibly useful in some cases, but not widely applicable. Good that there are more and in this case more reputable people involved. We shall see.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.