LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

So now your argument is reduced to "but he might have something... really!!!... he could...".

And Invisible Pink Unicorns may be real.

Great desperation write up Parallel. So what will you when Rossiclown implodes? I hope you choose to stick around so we can rub it in your face.

Pleeeeeeease?!?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

parallel

Post by parallel »

I didn't think troll Ladajo would understand it. He has been on about the proof that Rossi has nothing is because there is no commercial application yet. The factual reference I gave shows that it takes much longer than he supposes to bring a new technology to the market.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I don't think anyone except you can understand what you are talking about.
As for your "references" they have nothing in common with e-C(r)ap.

Let me quote what Henry Bessemer wrote in HIS OWN biography:
"The early experiments at Baxter House were so far successful, as to justify myself and some of my friends in entering into partnership, and erecting in the town of Sheffield, a steel works which still remains in active operation under the style of "Henry Bessemer and Company, Limited." These works were established both for commercial purposes, and also to serve as a pioneer works or school, where the process was for several years exhibited to any iron or steel manufacturers who desired to take a license to work under my patents. All of these were allowed, either personally or by their managers, to see their own iron converted prior to their taking a licence.

It does not look really like what Rossi is doing, doesn't it? :roll:

Anyhow, I am just waiting for the moment that Rossi will be asked in court to prove that he has a working technology and that Fabriani has a real Engineering degree. That will be an entertaining video to watch.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Giorgio, Try following the link to get the full story on Bessemer.
I know you THINK you know better that Sir Arthur Clarke.
http://www.lightparty.com/Energy/ColdFusion3.html

parallel

Post by parallel »

It will be interesting to see if this is confirmed.
"The most important data at ICCF20?
Essentially, bacteria can push protons into nuclei."

https://www.facebook.com/MartinFleischm ... S_TIMELINE

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

parallel wrote:Giorgio, Try following the link to get the full story on Bessemer.
You know that quote is almost 20 years out of date.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

paperburn1 wrote:
parallel wrote:Giorgio, Try following the link to get the full story on Bessemer.
You know that quote is almost 20 years out of date.
He knows, but his mind always has hard times to accept truth.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Parallel, you think someone can know the story better of the guy who actually lived it?
The link I gave is Henry Bessemer own autobiography. I am sure he knew his own story better than anyone else.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

In simple terms, the comparison of the development of steel manufacturing to the free energy revolution promised by Rossiclown is a false one.

Unless you think steel manufacturing can power itself... if so, we have much more to talk about.

This is the basic problem with your argument. You can't see the trees for the forest, nor the forest for the trees in the desert. However, you are 100% sure there is a forest in the desert. Thus, in the mean time, you argue about the trees, and the forest, and ignore the fact you are in a desert.

A couple of simple truths:
If you put 1 watt in, and get 6 watts out, there is no valid nor viable reason that you could not closed loop the device, after you start it, and have it run as a completely isolated unit until it exhausts its fuel (six months or whatever he claims). So why again has not the Rossiclown been able to do this over the last seven years? Oh, because it would be unstable and unsafe he claims... but why? And, why can't the power be buffered to a battery or other intermediate storage/conversion device which would look JUST LIKE THE WALL POWER to the device?
Or, for example, how in the Rossiclown described unit its power output and COP is well self regulated to produce COP6, until the fuel is exhausted? No nuclear based reaction works this way; mass reacts at a reaction rate, as this mass decreases, so does the net power out due to less mass reacting. If you want consistent power, then you need to up the reaction opportunities, such as for example with more available neutrons (fission reactions), or more fuel mass.
These, and many other simple inconsistencies, are why it is evident it is an E-Crap as Giorgio so eloquently put it.

Rossi is full of shit.

I will be sad when you slink away after Rossiclown officially implodes (and probably ends up back in jail, or flees the country - my prediction).
I predict you are too much of a coward to face the music. I will miss our play time. :(
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

ladajo wrote:Unless you think steel manufacturing can power itself... if so, we have much more to talk about.

...If you put 1 watt in, and get 6 watts out...
But there are devices that put 1 Watt in and get 6 out and can't power themselves. 1 Watt of high grade electrical or mechanical energy in, 6 Watts of low grade heat out. ;) Though in the case of LENR I expect poor quality measurement is more likely.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

Even if it was only outputting heat, you could use thermo-electric to convert it back. Even at the loses of thermal-to-electric a 6:1 output should be more than able to power itself ... if it was real.

(And, yes, I did note the sarcasm. :D )

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

He doesn't even need a closed loop, although that works best. But just an isolated system with an on board power supply, such as an array of marine batteries with published capacity would help, but he doesn't do this. If he really gets COP 50, then even outputting a few times what the batteries could do would be a bit more convincing.

All his designs require him to tied to the grid or a massive generator.

parallel

Post by parallel »

A report on cold fusion by Chemical & Engineering News.
http://cen.acs.org/articles/94/i44/Cold ... years.html

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

And because his issued patents claim the hydrino as an invention, BLP asserts that it owns all intellectual property rights involving hydrino research. BLP therefore forbids outside experimentalists from doing even the most basic hydrino research, which could confirm or deny hydrinos, without first signing an IP agreement. “We welcome research partners; we want to get others involved,” Mills says. “But we do need to protect our technology.”
The irony of "hydrino" as an invention! :-)

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Patent law is messed up more than I thought (which was already pretty bad) if a patent can obstruct basic research into a "device".
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.