LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

Skipjack wrote:And can someone explain to me what Wh/h is? Is that then just Watts?
It is Rossiclown being an idiot (again). In his rush to 'generate' his report, he (once again) said something really stupid, showing fundamental gaps in his technical knowhow (again). He really has had trouble for a while understanding the difference between power and energy.

The funny part is that Parallel doesn't know the difference either, the following is Priceless!!!
Parallel wrote:Wh/h removes a possible ambiguity about how long it is applied for dummies like the trolls here.
Parallel, stop making yourself look like such a dumbass!

And yes Skip, it is just Watts. Which is meaningless in context, given there is no time component (Power is not Energy...)
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

hahaha, I knew it was BS :)

parallel

Post by parallel »

Skipjack, you should know by now that liar ladajo writes nonsense. Don't get sucked in by it.
Wh is a unit of energy. Nothing wrong in stating how many units are used per hour.

"The watt-hour (symbolized Wh) is a unit of energy equivalent to one watt (1 W) of power expended for one hour (1 h) of time. The watt-hour is not a standard unit in any formal system, but it is commonly used in electrical applications."

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

No way to recover this gaff Parallel. Own it, you goofed (again).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

As I suspected Parallel, you will not own your error. Or, maybe you just don't get it, so let me help you with some grade school science and math:

Energy is power across time. Ie: Watt-hours (Wh), or (Watts * hours).

Power is instantaneous force measurement, and thus has no time component. Ie: Watts (W)

A single unit of something, ratioed to a single unit of itself always equals one (1).

For instance, if you take a unit of time, and ratio it to a unit of time, you get "1", or ratio neutral, more commonly known as "cancellation".

Thus "(W * h) / h" becomes "W", as the time component departs the equation with a unity value.

In simpler terms, a Watt-hour per hour is a Watt.

Do you get it now?

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

You would think after all this time Rossi would have absorbed at least the basics of what he is attempting to show through feedback/questions/criticisms of what he's posted. Watt-hours per hour, however, show he hasn't got a clue.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

parallel wrote:Skipjack, you should know by now that liar ladajo writes nonsense. Don't get sucked in by it.
Wh is a unit of energy. Nothing wrong in stating how many units are used per hour.

"The watt-hour (symbolized Wh) is a unit of energy equivalent to one watt (1 W) of power expended for one hour (1 h) of time. The watt-hour is not a standard unit in any formal system, but it is commonly used in electrical applications."
Uhm Parallel, I already knew that it was BS, when I posted my "question" earlier. Wh/h makes no sense. I was surprised that no one commented on that goof earlier. It shows that Rossi has no clue of even the most basic physics.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

And Parallel sticks his head in the sand hoping reality will go away.
Don't expect an answer Skip, when you hit him with truth like that, he skulks away for a while, then comes back and pretends it never happened.

On another note, Rossiclown's deadline for response to IH's Motion to Dismiss is up on Monday. Should be interesting to see what he does. I really don't know which way he will go. I see three options, but cannot put more credit to any of them as I see things: 1.) Ignore the MTD, and hope the court dismisses the whole thing so he can slip away to another country. 2.) Partially address the MTD, dropping the more ridiculous portions of his complaint and focus on seeking an out of court settlement (which I think has been his intention all along). 3.) Fight the whole thing and continue his delusional behaviours.

We shall see.

The counter strategy from IH seem to be focused on crushing Rossiclown for the fraud he is, not matter what he does with his complaint. As far as I can tell, they have zero interest in a settlement, and want to burn him down (which I personally support, and thus may be allowing it to skew my perspective).

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Let's hope he choose option 3, so that a court can finally drop him into jail and close this pathetic story once for all.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Looks like Rossiclown is chasing Option 3.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/cas ... rden_et_al

IH must rebutt by the 27th.

On my first skim, it looks like Rossiclown's lawyers are playing a word game and avoiding the core issues: Contract is valid, and IP is fake; thus IH does not need to pay, given failure to perform. It is also funny how they completely ignored the Rossiclown press release attempt to invalidate the contract (which would not look good for Rossiclown in the eyes of the court).
Additionally, the underlying agreement on IP transfer is now more of a risk for Rossiclown, taking that to court is really dangerous for him, as he will need to prove the IP was transferred (ie. it is real and works, which is in accordance with the contract and USPTO guidance on valid patents). A sidebar note is that the court may ask for a ruling from USPTO on the patent viability, which becomes a huge risk for Rossiclown as well, if his shit don't work (most likely thing at this point).
At the end of this, It could be that IH will be out the $1.5 million they paid for the 1MW unit, but may well open the door to recover the $10 million IP payment, plus legal fees and probably damages on the civil side. This does not address the potential for Rossiclown to face criminal proceedings in the aftermath.
It certainly appears in IH's interest to pursue this. I think the MTD is a shortcut attempt for a countersuit. Their behaviour to date seems to indicate that they are probably fully willing to go to court anyway. This strategy only digs a deeper hole for Rossiclown as he racks up more and more legal fees, and additionally the potential to eat IH's court costs as well.

Meh, I will need to go back and do a deeper dive on the Rossiclown rebuttal when I get time. Good fun! <munches popcorn>

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Just skimmed it; there is a copy that can be downloaded elsewhere. I might go over it more as well when I have some time. That said, it looks comprehensive and appears to deflect much of the three issues that IH had in the MTD and specifically cites examples and related cases in that effort.

I'll be surprised if the case is dismissed. IH signed on to all this and kept it up the facade all this time so they aren't heroically trying to take Rossi down for truth and justice. More like they'll settle, and Rossi gets some cash, and both parties walk away happy.

Grumalg

Post by Grumalg »

ladajo wrote:As I suspected Parallel, you will not own your error. Or, maybe you just don't get it, so let me help you with some grade school science and math:

Energy is power across time. Ie: Watt-hours (Wh), or (Watts * hours).

Power is instantaneous force measurement, and thus has no time component. Ie: Watts (W)

A single unit of something, ratioed to a single unit of itself always equals one (1).

For instance, if you take a unit of time, and ratio it to a unit of time, you get "1", or ratio neutral, more commonly known as "cancellation".

Thus "(W * h) / h" becomes "W", as the time component departs the equation with a unity value.

In simpler terms, a Watt-hour per hour is a Watt.

Do you get it now?
The Watt is defined as 1 Joule per second, thus Watts contain a time component all by themselves.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watt
The watt (symbol: W) is a derived unit of power in the International System of Units (SI), named after the Scottish engineer James Watt (1736–1819). The unit is defined as 1 joule per second[1] and can be used to express the rate of energy conversion or transfer with respect to time. It has dimensions of Mass·Length2·Time−3.
So "(W * h) / h" could be better stated as "(Joules per second * h) / h". Yeah the 'h' part cancels but the time element in Joules per second is not removed by that cancelation.

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

So "(W * h) / h" could be better stated as "(Joules per second * h) / h". Yeah the 'h' part cancels but the time element in Joules per second is not removed by that cancellation.
This interminable and pointless thread really suffers from a poor command of basic understanding on both sides. It is telling that this error propagated for so long. Especially when the contributors are supposed to be technical professionals.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Crawdaddy wrote:
So "(W * h) / h" could be better stated as "(Joules per second * h) / h". Yeah the 'h' part cancels but the time element in Joules per second is not removed by that cancellation.
This interminable and pointless thread really suffers from a poor command of basic understanding on both sides. It is telling that this error propagated for so long. Especially when the contributors are supposed to be technical professionals.

There has been some excellent analysis in this thread. A prime example is the steam volume discussion that has never been addressed. Next, virtually nbody in the industry talks about Joules per second, so while you're technically correct, it's a pointless exercise. If these measurements were taken at face value, then Rossi would be claiming 360,000 W/hr out and 1,800 W/hr in. That is the accepted industry standard for conveying input and output on such a scale.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

My point about power verses energy remains. Power is what it can do, ie. Joules per second, or Watts. Energy is an application of power over time; What it is doing, or has done, Joules per second per second, or Watt-seconds (or hours).
A source contains 100 energies. Power is the rate at which you consume energy per unit time. If you ran it at 10 energies per second, it would deplete in 10 seconds, providing 100 energies. If you ran it at 5 energies per second, it would run 20 seconds before depletion.

Rossiclown stated a nonsensical unit: Wh/h, which broken down (again) is ((Joules/sec) * hours)/hours.
Which becomes ((Joules/sec) * (60 secs/1hr) * (hr))/((hr) * (60secs/hr))
Which then leaves ((Joules/sec)) * (60 secs)/(60secs)
Which leaves (Joules/sec) or Watts.

There was absolutely no reason for Rossiclown to say what he said, it was pure demonstration of his ignorance in understanding the difference between Power and Energy.

In any event...

IH posted the answer to the rebuttal from Rossiclown on the motion to dismiss. Once again, my initial skim indicates a measurable difference in the quality of the lawyers between IH and Rossiclown. Once again, IH legal support appears to have gutted Rossiclown's lawyers. Now we wait to see what the Judge thinks. That may take a few weeks.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/cas ... rden_et_al