LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Ivy Matt

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by Ivy Matt »

The standard Rossi fan fallback arguments are "It wasn't technically a lie (as far as we know)" and "It isn't illegal", which are pretty weak arguments in favor of a brilliant inventor who's going to change the world. This argument sounds more like "Maybe it's illegal, but it's hard to prove, and isn't widely enforced", which is an even weaker argument. But at least it seems we're in agreement that what Rossi is selling is vaporware. I'm not sure what else there is to argue about. Perhaps we can go back to arguing about whether or not LENR is real without reference to the latest Rossi gossip.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:Is the sale of vaporware a fraud, or is it a case of buyer beware? What does your legal research say about this issue?
So, according your logic if Mr.Rossi has a real product or not is not anymore a problem of science but a problem of laws?
I am sorry but your logic is totally ridicule.
and if you want to talk about laws and how bad (or lucky) Bill gates was to break a law and not be catch than you should migrate your posts to Groaklaw or somewhere else.
This is a technical forum and we would like to talk about real technical and scientific issues if they exists.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Giorgio wrote:
Axil wrote:Is the sale of vaporware a fraud, or is it a case of buyer beware? What does your legal research say about this issue?
So, according your logic if Mr.Rossi has a real product or not is not anymore a problem of science but a problem of laws?
I am sorry but your logic is totally ridicule.
and if you want to talk about laws and how bad (or lucky) Bill gates was to break a law and not be catch than you should migrate your posts to Groaklaw or somewhere else.
This is a technical forum and we would like to talk about real technical and scientific issues if they exists.
Fraud is a legal term and has nothing to do with science. Fraud requires that somebody must be injured. Rossi has not injured anybody yet.

Axil

Post by Axil »

http://www.dmlp.org/book/export/html/1809
Publishing Information that Harms Another's Reputation

Rossi has said that he will go after through his layers those who have publically besmirched his reputation thereby damaging his business.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:Fraud is a legal term and has nothing to do with science. Fraud requires that somebody must be injured. Rossi has not injured anybody yet.
Seems like you don't understand much also about laws....
FRAUD: wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain

Fraud has nothing to do with someone getting injured or not.

Why it seems to me that every time you talk of an argument you have no idea of what you are talking about? If you invested half the time you spend spamming the board in educating yourself we could have some meaningful discussions in less than one year.
Last edited by Giorgio on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:Rossi has said that he will go after through his layers those who have publically besmirched his reputation thereby damaging his business.
The real news here is that Mr. Rossi still think to actually have a Reputation and Business! :roll:
Please let it be that he choose to sue me, I would really enjoy that!

Axil

Post by Axil »

Giorgio wrote:
Axil wrote:Fraud is a legal term and has nothing to do with science. Fraud requires that somebody must be injured. Rossi has not injured anybody yet.
Seems like you don't understand much also about laws....
FRAUD: wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain

Fraud has nothing to do with someone getting injured or not.

Why it seems to me that every time you talk of an argument you have no idea of what you are talking about? If you invested half the time you spend spamming the board in educating yourself we could have some meaningful discussions in less than one year.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/standing

Basically, a plaintiff must have suffered some direct or substantial injury or be likely to suffer such an injury if a particular wrong is not redressed. A defendant must be the party responsible for perpetrating the alleged legal wrong.

No One has standing against Rossi. Fraud cannot be claimed against Rossi.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Wow, a twofer.
Apparently I have hit a nerve by asking for more than handwaving.

Rossi is full of shit.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Here, let me be clear:
I believe that Rossi is committing fraud, knowingly, and I dare him to prove me wrong.

It is funny how he made all sorts of legal threats to others, and they have gone no where.

Rossi is full of shit. And I would be more than happy to run a test on his nonsense to show such. In public, with witnesses.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/standing

Basically, a plaintiff must have suffered some direct or substantial injury or be likely to suffer such an injury if a particular wrong is not redressed. A defendant must be the party responsible for perpetrating the alleged legal wrong.

No One has standing against Rossi. Fraud cannot be claimed against Rossi.
Your lack of understanding is depressing sometimes.
The "Injury" you are quoting is not "physical injury" as you think, but any type of damage, physical, economical, reputation.
http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=964

Get one $ from me by promising a product you don't have and/or does not reflect the description that convinced me to give you my one $, than you are liable for FRAUD. Full stop.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

ladajo wrote:It is funny how he made all sorts of legal threats to others, and they have gone no where.
He probably went through the details with his lawyers as Axil stated , and his lawyers advised him to STFU!
I wonder if his lawyers have a law degree from the same university that released the fake Eng. degree to his chief Eng, Mr. Fabriani! :roll:

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Axil wrote:http://www.dmlp.org/book/export/html/1809

Rossi has said that he will go after through his layers those who have publically besmirched his reputation thereby damaging his business.
Rossi is going to have a heck of a time proving that anyone knew or had reason to believe he was the real deal. And if he wants to argue that his business was damaged, he's going to have to quantify that somehow to collect damages. But I'm sure he knows that, which is why he hasn't made good on that threat.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Ivy Matt wrote:
Axil wrote:http://www.dmlp.org/book/export/html/1809

Rossi is going to have a heck of a time proving that anyone knew or had reason to believe he was the real deal. And if he wants to argue that his business was damaged, he's going to have to quantify that somehow to collect damages. But I'm sure he knows that, which is why he hasn't made good on that threat.
In this dawning of new epoch of Donald Trump, not disrespect is left unpunished. When Rossi has made more money then he knows what to do with a small amount of those trillions could be budgeted to destroying his enemies. We may well see ladajo calling those dank spaces under the I-95 overpass near the Linc his new home. If I were Rossi that is what I would do.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:In this dawning of new epoch of Donald Trump, not disrespect is left unpunished. When Rossi has made more money then he knows what to do with a small amount of those trillions could be budgeted to destroying his enemies. We may well see ladajo calling those dank spaces under the I-95 overpass near the Linc his new home. If I were Rossi that is what I would do.
And all shall be judged from Rossi, the bearer of the truth and of the ecat fire. And once all unbeliever will be thrown in hell than Rossi will rule the world in peace.
Thus ends the first holy book of the church of Rossi. Let's hope that in the second and in the third there are some more technical details.....

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well, I am certainly quaking in my boots.

<giggle>