LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

tomclarke

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by tomclarke »

What continues to amaze me is that such a transparent idiot as Rossi can develop and hold (in part) such a loyal following. You need only read a few of his continual blog posts to the converted to smell a rat.

Were I a genuine LENR researcher I'd be very upset. It says something about the field that only some of them react like that.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

tomclarke wrote:What continues to amaze me is that such a transparent idiot as Rossi can develop and hold (in part) such a loyal following. You need only read a few of his continual blog posts to the converted to smell a rat.

Were I a genuine LENR researcher I'd be very upset. It says something about the field that only some of them react like that.
What is your definition of an idiot? If we are using commonly held definitions, I'm sure Mr. Rossi comes out somewhere on the right of the bell curve of intelligence, even if barely. Ethics now, that is a different subject.

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

JoeP wrote:
tomclarke wrote:What continues to amaze me is that such a transparent idiot as Rossi can develop and hold (in part) such a loyal following. You need only read a few of his continual blog posts to the converted to smell a rat.

What is your definition of an idiot? If we are using commonly held definitions, I'm sure Mr. Rossi comes out somewhere on the right of the bell curve of intelligence, even if barely. Ethics now, that is a different subject.
He is not clever about the way he lies: it is transparent. On the other hand he is obviously good at it, because his audience love him. I'm not really talking about IQ.

Axil

Post by Axil »

From E-Cat world: Rossi Confirms IH/Chinese R&D Operation
Earlier this year we reported about Tom Darden’s involvement in the opening of a Nickel-Hydrogen Research Center in the Tianjin Huayuan Industrial Park in Tianjin, China on April 16. We haven’t heard anything about this center since that time, but today Andrea Rossi made a statement which probably refers to this on the Journal of Nuclear Physics saying:

The US team is preparing with Chinese scientists an important R&D operation that will help the industrialization of our devices.

Being the Chief Scientist at Industrial Heat, Rossi will surely be involved in any projects involving R&D, and it’s interesting the decision was made to have a Chinese R&D connection when I would imagine there is plenty of engineering talent in the US, especially within the Research Triangle where Industrial Heat is headquartered.

Probably the Chinese connections have a lot to do with Tom Darden’s contacts and experience working in China — somewhere that Cherokee Investment Partners have done a lot of work. Perhaps, too, there are plans for E-Cat manufacturing operations in China. We have discussed here at length the severe pollution problems in China, and how China could be a natural market for rapid expansion of E-Cat products, especially if the government gets behind the technology.

It looks like the Chinese are falling for this IH scam. The science of the West is just too smart to be fooled. Too smart by half for ladajo, it looks like that move for him to relocate under that I-95 overpass exit to the Eagles nest is one step closer to reality.

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

The Chinese are quite capable of being stupid, as is anyone, but notice in this case how clever (scammy clever) is Rossi. What he says lends apparent credibility to his enterprize but it means nothing and implies no necessary connection. If there had been any, I'm quite sure Rossi, never slow to blow his own trumpet, would have let that fact slip before now.

You remember the translation from Rossi-speak? Industrialisation - a phase that allows money to be raked in and hopes kept up with no need for anything to be done at all.
Axil wrote:From E-Cat world: Rossi Confirms IH/Chinese R&D Operation
Earlier this year we reported about Tom Darden’s involvement in the opening of a Nickel-Hydrogen Research Center in the Tianjin Huayuan Industrial Park in Tianjin, China on April 16. We haven’t heard anything about this center since that time, but today Andrea Rossi made a statement which probably refers to this on the Journal of Nuclear Physics saying:

The US team is preparing with Chinese scientists an important R&D operation that will help the industrialization of our devices.

Being the Chief Scientist at Industrial Heat, Rossi will surely be involved in any projects involving R&D, and it’s interesting the decision was made to have a Chinese R&D connection when I would imagine there is plenty of engineering talent in the US, especially within the Research Triangle where Industrial Heat is headquartered.

Probably the Chinese connections have a lot to do with Tom Darden’s contacts and experience working in China — somewhere that Cherokee Investment Partners have done a lot of work. Perhaps, too, there are plans for E-Cat manufacturing operations in China. We have discussed here at length the severe pollution problems in China, and how China could be a natural market for rapid expansion of E-Cat products, especially if the government gets behind the technology.

It looks like the Chinese are falling for this IH scam. The science of the West is just too smart to be fooled. Too smart by half for ladajo, it looks like that move for him to relocate under that I-95 overpass exit to the Eagles nest is one step closer to reality.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Axil wrote:From E-Cat world: Rossi Confirms IH/Chinese R&D Operation

Sorry Axil, I don't get it. I guess I am not enough of a lemming to understand.

BTW, I agree with Tom, the Chinese can be just as dumb as anyone else. More so in some cases. I have seen it first hand.

Edit: Corrected quote break. Removed my words from Axil's mouth.
Last edited by ladajo on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

"The Chinese are quite capable of being stupid, as is anyone, but notice in this case how clever (scammy clever) is Rossi."

It's so on the nose, I can't stand it.

The joke is too cheap, I should forfend...

... I cannot.

AGW.

http://www.qando.net/wp-content/uploads ... HSxF3r.png
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

Axil

Post by Axil »

http://www.fbi.gov/albany/press-release ... technology

Scammers beware

U.S. Attorney’s Office
September 05, 2014

Northern District of New York
(315) 448-0672

LOS ANGELES—A Ventura, California man has pleaded guilty to federal fraud charges for his involvement in an $8 million investment scheme that lured investors with false promises relating to the development of an alternative energy technology, Richard S. Hartunian, the United States Attorney for the Northern District of New York, announced today.

William A. Stehl, 69, pleaded guilty in federal court in Los Angeles on September 2 to five counts: conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, lying to federal agents, two counts of attempting to evade the payment of federal income taxes for calendar years 2003 and 2004, and subscribing to a false federal income tax return for calendar year 2003.

Stehl entered his plea before United States District Judge Terry J. Hatter, Jr., who scheduled a sentencing hearing for December 15, 2014. At sentencing, Stehl faces up to 38 years in federal prison.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Tell that to your favorite clown. I am sure he will be amused.

I dare you to post it in his blog and ask him about it.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Axil

Post by Axil »

ladajo wrote:Tell that to your favorite clown. I am sure he will be amused.

If you have evidence of a scam, as a responsible member of society, the number of the local office of the FBI is in the phonebook. Its simple. shut up and make that call and be ready to present your evidence to the responding agent.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

<idle speculation on>

That kind of scam seems to apply more the the BLP situation than Rossi. Think about the millions BLP has absorbed over the decades. No doubt Mills thinks he has adequate legal protection. But if it can be proven a scam then boy is he in hot, non-hydrino water!

At least Rossi is working with one partner/developer, is that right? And there seems to be some contingencies on that deal as well, which probably have something to do with the so called third party testing supposedly underway.

</idle speculation off>

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Axil wrote:
ladajo wrote:Tell that to your favorite clown. I am sure he will be amused.

If you have evidence of a scam, as a responsible member of society, the number of the local office of the FBI is in the phonebook. Its simple. shut up and make that call and be ready to present your evidence to the responding agent.
If you have evidence of a true LENR device, as a responsible member of society, the number of the local office of Peer Review is in the phonebook. Its simple. shut up and make that call and be ready to present your evidence to the responding agent.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Ok... does everybody knows that Cherokee and industrial heat are just venture capital machines. They have no real interest in whether the item works or not, they just hook people with money up with people that have ideas. Right?
(and collect their cut.) Just because they found Chinese investors does not make LENR real
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

I haven't researched Cherokee, but to say even a venture capital firm has no interest if a venture is successful or not does not seem like a wise policy. Even if the only thing at stake is the reputation for finding investments that will payoff. Nonsensical to think otherwise.

I agree with you other point about Chinese interest having little bearing on whether "LENR" is real or not.

Axil

Post by Axil »

JoeP wrote:I haven't researched Cherokee, but to say even a venture capital firm has no interest if a venture is successful or not does not seem like a wise policy. Even if the only thing at stake is the reputation for finding investments that will payoff. Nonsensical to think otherwise.

I agree with you other point about Chinese interest having little bearing on whether "LENR" is real or not.
The deal is one of common research and cooperation with top Chinese scientists from one of their most prestigious universities. Such a commitment to the realization of the LENR paradigm is not yet found anywhere in the West.