LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

...this one;
MSimon

Post subject:
Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:06 pm
parallel wrote:
MSimon,
Quote:
When all this shakes out I'm betting we will find it is a combination of chemical reactions and physical transformations.
What do you include in "physical transformations"?
I may be prepared to take your bet
Heat from alterations of the crystal structure or similar. I exclude nuclear transformations because so far the the signature of such transformations is not in evidence. In fact "no nuclear excrement" is a selling point.
So again, here we are over three years later and Rossi has what?
So many broken promises, it really must be something you struggle with.

No BLP.
No Ecat.

Parallel evermore deep into Rossicultism. Your desire to blindly believe really does colour your perceptions. I am truly sorry for that.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

Advocates like to compare Rossi to the Wright brothers, saying that some contemporaries opined that heavier-than-air flight was impossible. Well, given the technology then available, it was impossible. I have not, to this day, seen a steam-powered airplaine, although Langley reportedly tried.

It wasn't until the internal combustion engine arrived on the scene, that a sufficient power-to-weight ratio device made powered flight possible. After the Wrights made their initial flight, the fruits of their labors were availabe for anyone to see.

This is not the case with Rossi and Defkalion. There have been no open public (i.e. available for anyone to inspect) demonstrations of either operation's technology. If or when that occurs, I'll be delighted to change my opinion. But right now, Rossi smells like a scam to this person.

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

Here is a short video of our initial cell design tests for an attempt to replicate reports of accelerated uranium decay under pulse laser illumination.

We hope to find out if this form of LENR is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkuM3DH ... e=youtu.be

Aero

Post by Aero »

This thread is not about Rossi. Please take your Rossi bashing and Rossi love and admiration to the Rossi "Love and Bash" thread here.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3200

Try to discuss the OT here.
Aero

parallel

Post by parallel »

Asterix,
This is not the case with Rossi and Defkalion. There have been no open public (i.e. available for anyone to inspect) demonstrations of either operation's technology. If or when that occurs, I'll be delighted to change my opinion. But right now, Rossi smells like a scam to this person.
THere have been several public demos. Or do you mean just anyone should be allowed to turn up to see, it like a circus? What do you suppose those is row 50 could see?
Do you really expect Rossi to make the workings public when the patent office won't grant patents for cold fusion? Would you give away what may turn out to be the discovery of the century just to satify the curiosity of some blogger? But don't let that put you off: go on insulting the man, call him a fraud and scam artist when you have no proof of that. What have you ever done? (I'll bet nothing and that you won't answer the question.)

Secondly, there is no requirement that the experiment should be oublic to make it believable. Most experiments are not done in public. Many did not have theoretical proof before being accepted, for example super conductivity.

LENR has been demonstrated hundreds of times, as you would have seen if you had bothered to follow the link I gave earlier. It has been accepted by many scientists with much better qualifications than an anonymous blogger.
Elforst is a very reputable organization. They have already run twoo 100 hour tests that prove the E-Cat works. The current six month test will just confirm that and give important data on the operational life.

Why does it make you feel good to to be so bloody rude to someone you don't know without any proof what-so-ever?

parallel

Post by parallel »

Aero,The title of the thread is "LENR Is Real" in case you hadn't noticed. Rossi has the best LENR results so why exclude him?

Aero

Post by Aero »

parallel wrote:Aero,The title of the thread is "LENR Is Real" in case you hadn't noticed. Rossi has the best LENR results so why exclude him?
Because Rossi has his own 400+ page threads. Most of it bashing or loving him. We don't need more and the OP was not about Rossi or Ecat. Just give it a rest and let those who will discuss the Navy Patent and approach.
Aero

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

parallel wrote:Aero,The title of the thread is "LENR Is Real" in case you hadn't noticed. Rossi has the best LENR results so why exclude him?
If Rossi has the BEST results, LENR is truly dead. Long since dead. No flesh left on the bones dead.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

parallel wrote:Why does it make you feel good to to be so bloody rude to someone you don't know without any proof what-so-ever?
Excuse me? I'm stating my opinion; I'm not addressing Messrs. Rossi or Hadjichristos. As far as I am aware, neither reads this forum nor has posted anything here.

If you think that I'm being rude to you; I'm not. I don't know you or your sensitivities. To repeat, if either device is proven real and demonstrable without supervision or control by a disinterested qualified group of testers, I'll reconsider.

Right now, the evidence to me for both Rossi and Defkalion tilts in favor of a scam. That something is posted solely or primarily on pesn or e-catworld doesn't help matters any.

I have no doubt that there are serious researchers trying to see if there's anything real or exploitable in all of this. I'm simply unconvinced that there is.

I'll even go out on a limb and state that Uri Geller can't bend spoons with his mind. Period.

Axil

Post by Axil »

You hot fusion guys can’t understand how the cold fusion guys can overcome the coulomb barrier so easily.

The key is Strongly Correlated Material, a condensed matter physics term used in type II superconductivity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strongly_c ... d_material

In hot fusion, just a few subatomic particles are used in a vain attempt overcome the coulomb barrier through brut force high energy collision.

In LENR, billions of trillions of electrons who are all working together using quantum mechanics to overcome the coulomb barrier.

The proof of this reality is the formation of cooper pairs of electrons in Type II superconductivity.
In this process this huge ensemble of electrons become strong enough to overcome the coulomb barrier between the fermions in a cooper pair. In type II superconductors, this process is called fractionalization, another condence physics term. When a large group of electrons are packed so tightly together by the arrangement of atoms in the superconductor material (Mott insulator), in order for one to move one beyond another, they must tunnel to where they are forced to go. And quantum tunneling is the only thing that they can do in such a tightly confined situation.

The need to tunnel negates charge repulsion. Charge is negated by the rigid confinement of the group of electrons. These packed fermions only possess spin and are now called spinons.

see

http://phys.org/news200828132.html

In LENR+ systems, one dimensional nano wire is what causes electon fractionalization.

Also see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractionalization

http://arxiv.org/abs/0911.1782

Fractionalization in Superconductor Josephson Junction Arrays Hinged by Quantum Spin Hall edges

Abstract

In this paper we study a novel superconductor-ferromagnet-superconductor (SC-FM-SC) Josephson junction array deposited on top of a two-dimensional quantum spin Hall (QSH) insulator. The existence of Majorana bound states at the interface between SC and FM gives rise to charge-e tunneling, in addition to the usual charge-2e Cooper pair tunneling, between neighboring superconductor islands. Moreover, because Majorana fermions encode the information of charge number parity, an exact Z_2 gauge structure naturally emerges and leads to many new insulating phases, including a deconfined phase where electrons fractionalize into charge-e bosons and topological defects. A new superconductor-insulator transition has also been found.

The source of all these electrons is dipole motion in the 5 micron micro-particle that Rossi invented. This particle is the key to LENR and is sized to be resonant with the black body 400C operating temperature of the reactor. The dipole vibration caused by the ambient temperature of the reactor produces maximum dipole electron oscillation in the terahertz range that constrain the electron current to the surface of the micro particle through the skin effect. This electron motion is an alternating current that flows back and forth across the micro-particle to polarize charge. But these micro particles are also coated with billions of nanowires. The nanowire provides a 1 dimensional superconducting path for the dipole current to accumulate at the tip of each and every nanowire. This super current accumulates electrons at the nanowire tips in the fractional mega amp range.

Nanowire coating on the surface of the micro-particle is a critical power concentration mechanism and is all important. This nanowire power concentration is what makes LENR+ go.

Why does Surface plasmon polaritons (SPP) have the potential for over unity?

The extreme curvature at the tips of nanowire produces a vortex of SPPs to develop when heat photons become entangled with these electrons through Fano resonance and whispering gallery wave effects. The boson nature of the SPP makes possible extreme concentration of an EMF soliton because the Pauli exclusion principle no longer applies to them. This soliton produces an huge anapole magnetic field that gets strong enough to produce pions through vacuum breakdown. These magnetically catalyzed pions disrupt nuclear structure of the hydrogen.

Hydrogen Rydberg matter is attracted to these nanowire tips that further increase the EMF power application because of the extreme curvature related to the very small size of these nanowire tips.

Larger nanoparticles also amplify the EMF concentration of the vortex formed at and around the tips of the wire in a zero loss dark mode energy transfer mechanism.

There is a positive feedback mechanism that takes the gamma energy from the nuclear fusion of hydrogen present in the Rydberg crystals and adds that to the energy content of the vortex based soliton at the tips of the nanowire using the strong coupling of the magnetic force fields. This optical nano-cavity down shifts this gamma energy into the extreme ultraviolet range and through power reincorporation makes the amplitude of the SPP soliton and the associated magnetic field produced by the soliton even stronger over time.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

As one of the "accused", being a former fission guy, which is actually technically fusion derived fission, I want to comment where I stand (again).
I have never said LENR is full of shit. I have only said Rossi is full of shit.
I stand by my position, there may be something to LENR and its concepts/concerns. There is nothing but vaporware with Rossi the scammer.
It is unfortunate that idiots like him keep being associated with credible folks trying to do real investigations.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

parallel

Post by parallel »

ladajo,
I have only said Rossi is full of shit.
So you keep saying endlessly but I have yet to see any proof of that. Rossi cleared himself of the accusations that his Petroldragon process was fraudulent. In fact I read a similar process has been resurrected in the US. The problem he had was the law was changed to retroactively make the industrial waste he was storing classified as hazardous waste. There is good reason to suppose the mafia were behind it as they handled much of this waste and viewed him as a competitor.

Rossi's E-Cat has been viewed in operation by many scientists and skeptics. How many have stated that it didn't work or was a fraudulent test? Many have put their reputations on the line, like Dr. Levi. Elforsk is a reputable organization: their initial two 100 hour tests last year were enough to persuade them to run the recent six months test. Why do you think you know better than their half dozen reputable scientists, who have actually worked with the device, while you, an anonymous blogger, have never been near one? I think it safe to assume the test showed positive results because they completed it using just one of the three sample E-Cats provided and because it would have ended long ago if it showed no anomalous heat.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Rossi cleared himself of the accusations that his Petroldragon process was fraudulent.
This is utter bullshit. Show me proof. You understand he spent time in prison over this and other fraud right? Upwards of 5 years as I recall.

As for Ecat proof. Nothing yet. Nothing independant yet. Nothing public and open yet. All secret sauce hocus pocus. Did you read the latest on flow meter shenanigans?

Further on Ecat,
Where are the sold and operating units delivered to customers? One would think by now that if it was on the up and up, that informatoin would now be public and someone would be making a butt-ton of money. Not a peep.

Where is the certified and for sale 1MW unit? He has been selling them for several years, with a delivery of 3-4 months (off the top of my head) on order.
Where are they? How many has he sold? Who bought them?

There is nothing concrete or real about Rossi that you can point to.
You buy into is circus shows and misdirection. I have pointed out countless times where reality has overtaken his lies.
Now that Defkalion has imploded on "Ecat" promises, it will be not long that Rossi's current financers start to question him and he goes the way of Jimmy Hoffa.
Those folks don't mess around.

I will make a prediction. 1 year from now, hell two years from now, Rossi will still have nothing. You still won't be able to by yourself a 1MW or home anything.
When will you admit he is full of it? When will you realize he has led you down a rosey path with a shit pit at the end?
The only smart thing Rossi has done over this past year is shut his trap. He seems to have finally realized that all the lies were contradicting each other and he had better shut up.

Rossi is nothing but a lie.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

ladajo wrote:
Where is the certified and for sale 1MW unit? He has been selling them for several years, with a delivery of 3-4 months (off the top of my head) on order.
Where are they? How many has he sold? Who bought them?
Well Rossi has been promising the ability to visit a plant in action for a year now. He just burped this out again.
http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/06/12/ro ... nt-visits/

Asterix

Post by Asterix »