Article on Dr. Joe Khachan

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

tonybarry

Article on Dr. Joe Khachan

Post by tonybarry »

Article on Dr. Joe Khachan, University of Sydney, Australia. IEC fusion researcher, interested in Polywell, referred by Rick Nebel.

Link

Regards,
Tony Barry

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Nice.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

I get to the page, but "Read More" doesn't seem to do anything. Do I need to register, or do I simply have my security torqued too high?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Tom,

Read more worked for me. I my security level is medium high.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

"Read More" is dead as a doornail for me, but "Go To Archive" was working. Since there is only this one article in the archive, that was easy enough!

Nice article, Tony!

drmike

Post by drmike »

"read more" worked for me - Nice article! I sure hope gets to build some test machines.

tonybarry

Post by tonybarry »

Thanks for the positive comments. I don't know why the "Read More" doesn't work for some people. I'm using Apple's iWeb software ... because I stopped learning at HTML1.0 and iWeb takes me to the next level for free. Maybe I have to do something else ...

I submitted the article to the Sydney Morning Herald on Friday. Joe Khachan is OK about a Pic for news purposes. We'll see what happens.

I've also been thinking about a roadmap forward for Australian fusion. I'll post it in a little while.

Regards,
Tony Barry

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

With the 'paranoid' security settings on my web browser (firefox with noscript plugin), the article intro didn't show up until I loosened permissions on that site. Afterwards, things appear to be working fine. I'm guessing excessive client side scripting without the recommended <noscript > block to alert the reader of the situation.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

tonybarry wrote:Thanks for the positive comments. I don't know why the "Read More" doesn't work for some people. I'm using Apple's iWeb software ... because I stopped learning at HTML1.0 and iWeb takes me to the next level for free. Maybe I have to do something else ...

I submitted the article to the Sydney Morning Herald on Friday. Joe Khachan is OK about a Pic for news purposes. We'll see what happens.

I've also been thinking about a roadmap forward for Australian fusion. I'll post it in a little while.

Regards,
Tony Barry
Tony,

e-mail me when you get your road map done. I may have some stuff that could help.

Simon

tonybarry

Post by tonybarry »

Hello Simon,
Can do. My problem right now is that I don't have a good grasp of the Australian players, what's been done and what's still to do. As the defacto advocate, I kind of need to be up to speed on the history and politics perhaps more than the physics or eng. I am reasonably OK with eng because I come from that background; but the history, the players, the egos and the politics are kind of not my strong suit.
However, if we need a million bucks to run an Australian WB-7, then that's a good target to aim for. It sort of dwarfs the "cake stall" method of fund raising, puts it into another league altogether. And Joe Khachan is a bit dubious about funding to that level. But we'll see what can be done.

Regards
Tony Barry

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

tony,

I'm working the same issues here and it is ALL politics.

I'm having to learn a whole new game. I have some help. Thank the Maker.

Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Great work Tony !
Purity is Power