Joe Eck hits Tc = 187 C, 368 F

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

DeltaV

Re: Joe Eck hits Tc = 141 C, 285 F

Post by DeltaV »

Temperatures Hot Enough to Melt Solder
http://www.superconductors.org/141C136C.htm

DeltaV

Re: Joe Eck hits Tc = 187 C, 368 F

Post by DeltaV »

187 Celsius (460K/368F) from Sn10SbTe9Ba2MnCu21O42+.

http://www.superconductors.org/187C.htm

Enough already with the Tc.

Increase the volume fraction, volume fraction, volume fraction, volume fraction, volume fraction, ...
(cyberecho for emphasis), or mainstream science will simply continue to dismiss your data as measurement error.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

DeltaV wrote:Increase the volume fraction, volume fraction, volume fraction, volume fraction, volume fraction, ...
(cyberecho for emphasis), or mainstream science will simply continue to dismiss your data as measurement error.
Indeed. Samples that show symptoms of superconductivity are interesting from a science perspective, but when are we going to get something interesting from an engineering perspective?
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Hey folks,
He is doing what he likes. How about YOU do the volume fraction?

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

Chemistry... definitely not my gig. Spent too much time chuckling at a professor who would scratch his bald head with a whiteboard marker in his hand and leave tracks, so I never learned how to get chemical equations to balance.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

High Temperature Superconductivity Using Just 3 Elements (Cu, Mg, O)
http://www.superconductors.org/ternary.htm

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Newly discovered material property may lead to high temp superconductivity

Date: July 22, 2016
Source: DOE/Ames Laboratory
Summary: Researchers have discovered an unusual property of purple bronze that may point to new ways to achieve high temperature superconductivity.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 212251.htm

"While studying purple bronze, a molybdenum oxide, researchers discovered an unconventional charge density wave on its surface.

A charge density wave (CDW) is a state of matter where electrons bunch together in a repeating pattern, like a standing wave of surface of water. Superconductivity and charge density waves share a common origin, often co-exist, and can compete for dominance in certain materials."

Refers to: Daixiang Mou, A. Sapkota, H.-H. Kung, Viktor Krapivin, Yun Wu, A. Kreyssig, Xingjiang Zhou, A. I. Goldman, G. Blumberg, Rebecca Flint, Adam Kaminski. Discovery of an Unconventional Charge Density Wave at the Surface ofK0.9Mo6O17. Physical Review Letters, 2016; 116 (19) DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.116.196401

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

I am still waiting for when I can buy a roll this stuff so I can wire up something really really neat.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

paperburn1 wrote:I am still waiting for when I can buy a roll this stuff so I can wire up something really really neat.
How about making it yourself?

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

First off not sure I can, second off is not my job. I've determined long time ago in my job and life is to fix things and make really cool stuff. By the grace of God and liberty of man I have been able to do this for the past 30 years. So I got wait for them to do a good job so someone can manufacture it so I can buy it so I can make some really neat neat stuff. This was not a slam on Joe but a whine by me about seeing something with such great potential just beyond my grasp.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

KitemanSA wrote:
paperburn1 wrote:I am still waiting for when I can buy a roll this stuff so I can wire up something really really neat.
How about making it yourself?
The guy I wish I could get into this discussion is Eddie Sines, one of Richard Hull's HEAS enthusiasts.

Eddie DOES make his own superconductors. He lives near me ... I've been meaning to get over to his place and see what he's up to, but I'd be under an NDA and couldn't tell you anything. But the link below is public.

http://www.freeenergynews.com/Directory ... cation.pdf