Anybody got any info on this solar patent filing?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

glemieux

Anybody got any info on this solar patent filing?

Post by glemieux »

I'm curious to see the details and I'm not well-versed in searching for patents:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/05/08/1 ... Y0L06Kcdu0

Stubby

Re: Anybody got any info on this solar patent filing?

Post by Stubby »

Rossi's american cousin simply for the claims and the shirt.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

Yessssss, good, agreed... let's limit the cattle to 1000 Watts per square meter and 0.1 percent interest on their life savings, while we vacation around Saturn's rings in our Polywell-powered space yachts...

Roger

Post by Roger »

"The key, he said, is his trap’s ability to absorb nearly 100 percent of the sunshine that hits it, while allowing only a tiny percentage of energy to escape, even at ultra-high temperatures."
What ever.......
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

It should be noted that this is the same guy who back in 2008, proposed fixing global warming by evaporating the oceans:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2008/12/21/5 ... Y00qEmVtpg

His mantra seems to be "it looks good on paper". Good thing he doesn't do his grocery shopping the same way--it's hard to digest paper.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

I worked on a system last year that collected very near 100% of solar energy. Before you roll your eyes, that's not remarkable for flat-plate solar thermal collectors. I've seen my own system heat water at a rate consistent with absorbing better than 95% of the available energy.

There is an approach called PV-T, wherein you use flat plate thermal collector technology on photovoltaic cells that can pretty much utilize all the available solar energy, but it would be grossly improper to claim that the energy is recovered as electrical energy. Photovoltaic cells may increase their practical efficiency significantly if cooled, more closely approaching their 25 C stated efficiencies than the usual practical situation in which they run hot.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Only two applications currently showing in patft.uspto.gov/ under Ronald Ace:

1: 20100252647
Benign global warming solution offers unprecedented economic prosperity

Abstract
The present invention proposes a permanent and prosperous solution to both human global warming (.about.0.26 to 0.74.degree. F.) as well as natural global warming (.about.7 to 9.degree. F.). It simultan-eously employs all three of the physical laws to thermostatically regulate Earth: Macro solar energy reflection; sequestration of absorbed solar energy; and, enhanced infrared radiation from Earth. Temporal and spatial macro aerosol water evaporation is employed to triple-cool Earth's surface, by way of: 1. Low-altitude atmospheric and oceanic vapor-cooling and/or macro storage of artificial snow; 2. Automatic ascension of lightweight water vapors to high-altitudes for enhanced water-phase-change infrared radiation from Earth, and; 3. Increased cloud coverage to reflect more incoming solar energy. Deep subterranean, high temperature, high pressure, permanent sequestration of macro quantities of absorbed solar energy assists terrestrial surface-cooling, but also duals as retrievable long term solar-energy-storage to power macro evaporators--without requiring conventional fossil or nuclear sources. The present invention has other applications such as: 1. dramatically enhanced space-conditioning efficiency if combined with potable-water-patent U.S. Pat. No. 6,688,129.sup.1, and; 2. long-term macro solar energy storage for totally reliable, boundless solar-electric power. However, the principal objective, by far, is the stabilization of glacial-melting and glacial-growth, in order to permanently stabilize the oceans at their present levels to preserve our vital global seaports. This document endorses both human (AGW or, anthropogenic global warming) and ancient natural global warming processes.

1. A method to reduce human greenhouse as well as natural global warming, comprising: evaporating, by way of multiple aerosol-evaporators, vast quantities of water to produce water vapors for cooling atmospheric air masses; causing lightweight water vapors to naturally rise and condense at high altitudes to form clouds; and thereby liberating vast amounts of high altitude infrared radiation, as said clouds form, to further cool earth by way of solar radiation reflected into space.

2. A method of claim 1, further including operating seawater-pumping means at sufficiently high pressure to both elevate and aerosol seawater into sufficiently small droplets to substantially evaporate before falling back to earth, to form said water vapors.

3. Apparatus for cooling the earth's atmosphere to reduce global warming, comprising: evaporators for producing particles of water; and a blower mechanism to disperse the evaporating water particles in the atmosphere.

4. The apparatus of claim 3, wherein said evaporators are located in sufficiently arid locations, such as near sparsely-populated desert shorelines or on sparsely populated islands; and in natural prevailing air-currents, such as (but not limited to) earth's Ferrel and Arctic Cell air currents, to carry water vapors upward to condense and ultimately precipitate it as rain or snow, where the greatest benefits are realized, such as locations where such snow would continuously reflect even more solar radiation into space by snow, to enhance agricultural rain and provide fresh drinking water, or to restore melting glaciers to avoid global flooding.

5. The apparatus of claim 4, wherein the blower and/or the evaporators are powered directly or indirectly by solar energy as thermal energy stored in deep caverns.

6. The apparatus of claim 4, wherein the blowers or evaporators are powered by any other power source, such as clean hydroelectricity, nuclear power, deep geothermal power or, by other conventional power sources.

7. The apparatus of claim 4 where said evaporators include aerosol generators having large, non clogging, exit-orifices, located in the center of centrifugal housings fed tangentially by high velocity water from water pumps of sufficient pressure to form small water droplets which largely evaporate before falling to earth.

8. The apparatus of claim 4 wherein said evaporators are remotely controllable to regulate or limit the entire planet's average cooling rate or, to switch the evaporators down or off when weather conditions, such as high humidity, warrant it.

9. A method and apparatus to cool the planet by optically collecting and permanently sequestering solar energy as extremely hot water deep in vast natural or manmade caverns, instead of, or in conjunction with, radiating solar energy back into space in accordance with the method of claim 1.

10. The method and apparatus of claim 9, wherein extremely hot cavern-water may be injected or extracted on demand to power the aerosol-evaporation apparatus to reduce human greenhouse and natural global warming or, if so desired, power any other apparatus such as numerous thermal electric power plants or other industrial thermally-powered apparatus.
currently ABANDONED
03-21-2012 Mail Abandonment for Failure to Respond to Office Action
03-19-2012 Aband. for Failure to Respond to O. A.
09-08-2011 Mail Restriction Requirement
09-07-2011 Restriction/Election Requirement
11-29-2010 Case Docketed to Examiner in GAU
11-15-2010 Transfer Inquiry to GAU
11-09-2010 Transfer Inquiry to GAU
11-05-2010 Transfer Inquiry to GAU
10-20-2010 Transfer Inquiry to GAU
10-07-2010 PG-Pub Issue Notification
and..

2: 20030024685
Geothermal Space Conditioning

Abstract
An excavationless geothermal system for heating and cooling applications includes a potable water storage container that receives water from a water supply through a supply line and a reversible water meter. The water in the storage container is circulated through a heat pump, and when the temperature of the water in the container is increased or decreased by the heat pump, the water is returned to the supply through the reversible meter.

What is claimed is:

1. A geothermal system for heating or cooling a space comprising: a water storage container connected to receive potable water from a potable water source; a heat pump connected to said container and in heat exchange relationship with water stored in said container; and a water pump connected to said container for returning water in said container to said source.

2. The system of claim 1, further including a fuel cell connected in heat exchange relation with water stored in said container.

3. The system of claim 1, further including a water quality monitor for water returned to said source.

4. The system of claim 1, further including water treatment means for water returned to said source.

5. The system of claim 1, further including a reversible water meter connected between said source and said container and between said water pump and said source.

6. The system of claim 1, further including an auxiliary heat recovery loop connected to said heat pump for recovery of heat from heat sources in said space.

7. The system of claim 5, further including a water quality monitor for water returned to said source.

8. The system of claim 7, further including water treatment means for water returned to said source.

9. The system of claim 1, further including a single water inlet pipe interconnecting said container and said pump to said source.

10. The system of claim 9, further including a reversible water meter connected in said single water inlet pipe.

11. The system of claim 10, wherein said water source is a commercial water supply.

12. The system of claim 10, wherein said water source is a well.

13. The system of claim 10, further including an auxiliary heat recovery loop connected to said heat pump.

14. The system of claim 10, further including a fuel cell connected in heat exchange relation with water stored in said container.

15. The system of claim 14, further including a water quality monitor for water returned to said source.

16. The system of claim 15, further including water treatment means for water returned to said source.

17. The system of claim 16, further including a water usage system connected to said potable water source through said water meter.

18. The system of claim 16, further including a water usage system connected to said potable water source through said storage container.

19. The device of claim 1, further including an auxiliary heat source connected to add heat to said potable water in said container, said auxiliary heat source being waste heat generated by at least one of a group of waste heat sources including fuel cells, sewer lines, electric power plants, sewage disposal plants, or industrial sources.

20. The device of claim 1, further including an auxiliary cooling source connected to remove heat from said potable water in said container, said auxiliary cooling being derived from natural bodies of water.
currently (amazingly) a PATENTED case, renewal feed paid to date!

The most amazing thing about such patents is that they actually get press attention, whereas the more subtle, genuine breakthroughs that do not claim such outlandish benefits but will add to the progression of state-of-art get little attention.

This is simply a reflection of the 'instant-gratification' society, and politicians just won't fund anything that doesn't promise [irrespective of likelihood/reality] a return on funds, excepting the big bondoogles that have been receiving funds for decades (like tokamak/polywell).

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Tom Ligon wrote:I worked on a system last year that collected very near 100% of solar energy. Before you roll your eyes, that's not remarkable for flat-plate solar thermal collectors. I've seen my own system heat water at a rate consistent with absorbing better than 95% of the available energy.

There is an approach called PV-T, wherein you use flat plate thermal collector technology on photovoltaic cells that can pretty much utilize all the available solar energy, but it would be grossly improper to claim that the energy is recovered as electrical energy. Photovoltaic cells may increase their practical efficiency significantly if cooled, more closely approaching their 25 C stated efficiencies than the usual practical situation in which they run hot.
Tom
I run solar thermal panels and average about 65 percent recovery for heating. Home built,hot air and direct usage system(no storage but plans are in the works for water storage and a larger collector.) Do you have any links or docs about your system I would love to see them. I lurk a site called builditsolar and he is a retired boeing engineer and his hobby is building and testing various designs. If your interested in solar this is one site to look at as its good tested ideas for free. he just asks if you build a system monitor it so you can post the results on his site so others may learn from your work.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

I've got a couple of write-ups on tomligon.com. My panels are 70's-vintage high quality commercial solar hot water flat-panels, covered with pebbled iron-free glass. Operating near-ambient they are very efficient. They do, of course lose efficiency as the fluid heats up (they re-radiate and lose heat across their back insulation). They're capable of boiling water at stagnation in full sun.

The homebrew PV-T system I worked on was similarly effective. I can't give any details because I built for a customer.

http://www.tomligon.com/ATE/Whitepapers ... hermal.pdf

I think I've been on BuildItSolar. My intent is to do just that sort of performance monitoring once I get a few more essential projects taken care of. I have a pro-grade datalogger ... at the moment it is in a snit due to a bad setting and won't talk to me but I got it to do just this sort of work. I'm handy with thermocouples. I have a pair of home-built PV pyranometers and am eyeing a true thermopile pyranometer, just to include some solid irradiance data. I also have a thermal imager.