3D Gun

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

3D Gun

Postby ladajo » Fri May 10, 2013 12:33 pm

The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

paperburn1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 3D Gun

Postby paperburn1 » Fri May 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Looks to me like the cows are out of the barn already.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Fri May 10, 2013 1:01 pm

Yup. That Genie is not getting back in the bottle. Taxpayer dollars 'well' spent again on useless government activities fuled by leftist stupidity and self-absorbed agendas operating outside the bounds of constitutional intent.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

glemieux

Postby glemieux » Fri May 10, 2013 2:49 pm

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Fri May 10, 2013 9:18 pm

I agree on both counts.
I am also wondering how much mischaracterization is in the reporting on this. However, the basic facts remain. They posted the file. They were asked/told to remove the files. IMO the burden of proof is on the government to get a court injunction to have the files redacted. Without the court, I do not see the authority.
Now if they removed the file of their own violition, then that is another thing. It does not seem to read that way though.

The whole thing is silly as noted.

Betruger

Postby Betruger » Sat May 11, 2013 12:18 am

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Sat May 11, 2013 2:32 am

The Machinery of Government looking like morons once again.

Betruger

Postby Betruger » Sat May 11, 2013 4:53 am

Well.. honestly... Something's gonna have to give, sooner or later, as far as home fabbing goes. On the one hand you have 3D printers, on the other you have the internet. Or is there something else?

necoras

Postby necoras » Mon May 13, 2013 4:00 pm

It's stupid hysteria generated by people who don't bother to think most of the time. I saw a video just a few days ago of a shotgun made with 2 pipes (readily available at Home Depot) and a firing pin. Insert shell, point, fire. With a 26.5" barrel (longer if you'd like) it's surprisingly accurate. Loud as all get out, but it gets the job done.

Guns aren't that hard to make. Bullets are. For some reason people flip out when they see a crudely made/used weapon (anyone remember not being able to carry fingernail clippers on a plane?). It's ridiculous, pointless, and dangerous for everyone else.

This is hype, nothing more, nothing less.

Barry Kirk

Postby Barry Kirk » Mon May 13, 2013 4:19 pm

The cartridge is the hard part to fab.... So....

Before we had brass cartridges, for a couple of years, paper cartridges were used.

Or since, it's a single shot device, why not do away with a cartridge in the first place and make it a pure muzzle loader design.

If a pure muzzle loader using black powder was used, I'm not even sure those are classified as weapons in the first place.

hanelyp

Postby hanelyp » Mon May 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Bullets can be cast from lead, or more easily obtained today zinc.

Brass casings can be reloaded, or there are firearms that don't need them. Reloading cases generally involves replacing a primer cap.

Which leaves the gunpowder, which a chemist/pyrotechnician could come up with a workable mix using unregulated source materials. There are recipes on the web, but I expect many are dangerously unstable.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Tue May 14, 2013 3:09 am

Why is this in news? Admins, can we please put this into general? It is not fusion related.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » Tue May 14, 2013 4:00 am

choff

Postby choff » Tue May 14, 2013 5:10 am

The Israeli's made bullets using lipstick cases.
CHoff

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Tue May 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Return to “News”