A little bit of news from Alan Boyle @ NBC.

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

It looks like my comment here on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:20 am was not far off.

And Joe. Thanks for telling the Dr. how avid we are and how hard it is for us to sit on our hands while biting our nails.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

rj40

Post by rj40 »

Thanks for all the news. Even though we have longer to wait than originally anticipated, this is still ... swell! It's also neat to know that some of the posters on this board are so tied in with the team. I feel like a 7 year old one week before Christmas. Even though there is no guarantee Christmas is going to happen, I still get a bit giddy (yeah, I know, bad idea). :D

PolyGirl

Thank you Joe

Post by PolyGirl »

After Dr Nebel posted his comments at Alan's Blog Joe wrote the following:
Thanks for the report. I'm especially excited about the polywell research being done by Dr. Nebel and his team -- In my opinion, this approach to fusion is by far the most likely to produce a commercially viable reactor, and to do it soon enough to matter. And Dr. Nebel, thank you so much for taking the time to post that clarification here. We're all trying to leave you alone to concentrate on your work, but at the same time, we're at the edge of our seats, cheering you on and eagerly waiting for any news.
Thank you for saying thank you.

Regards
Polygirl
The more I know, the less I know.

MSimon

Instapundit link

Post by MSimon »

The Boyle MSNBC story got an Instapundit link:

http://instapundit.com/archives2/017443.php

Insty says:
A LOOK AT the future of fusion: "The long-term future of energy may well lie in clean, plentiful fusion power - but will the reactors that produce that power carry a 'Made in the USA' label?" There's a brief mention of the Bussard fusion project, which would make that more likely.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I don't know who sent him the link but if any one around here is guilty stand up and take a bow.

Here is the "Bussard Fusion Project" Google link:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Bu ... gle+Search

Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.