Is the ABSENCE of news, news?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

billh
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Is the ABSENCE of news, news?

Postby billh » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:13 am

Or, it could just be that there is no clear path to success, but there are still tantalizing hints it just might work, and the Navy figures a small bet on a long shot with a big payout is a reasonable investment. I think this is the most likely explanation. And as long as the Navy is funding it, we will get no information beyond what we can infer from the continued existence of the program: that there is still some hope it might work. Which leaves me frustrated but optimistic. I choose to find it encouraging that so many groups are pursuing similar small bets on long shots. Maybe LM will hit the jackpot. I hope somebody does.

MSimon

Postby MSimon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:03 pm

If EMC2 said Polywell was a go there is more than enough money out there on the commercial side (GE - Westinghouse and others) to make it happen. In years past some of those boys and others have contacted me.

I expect a call again if that happens. The difficulty is the contracts people have with EMC2. They have a lot of brains tied up. I am under no such restriction.

If EMC2 even said the odds were good they could get funded - if they gave up "ownership". That was always the sticking point.

mvanwink5
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mvanwink5 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:28 pm

"Ownership" does not stop countries.
Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:39 pm

I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

TallDave

Postby TallDave » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:33 pm

n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

MSimon

Postby MSimon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:47 pm

Just to go completely off topic.

Anyone who has seriously looked at the "science" of AGW knows there is no there there.

Global temperatures have flatlined for the last 17 years according to the head of the IPCC.

The modelers said that no warming for 15 years would be outside the 95% confidence interval of model predictions. So wher are we now? 97% ? 99% ? And what does it tell you about the models.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Fields (gravitational, magnetic, electrostatic, thermal, pressure, density, velocity, vorticity, evaporation, condensation, humidity, absorptivity, reflectivity, scattering, radiation, particulate concentration, chemo-reaction, ...) telling molecules/particles how to move.

Molecules/particles (water vapor, dust, oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, neon, helium, methane, ...) telling fields how to bend.

Oh, yeah, bazillionth-order, nonlinear, massively-coupled, cusp-ridden, extreme sensitivity to initial conditions, ...

I don't see what their problem is.

Robthebob

Postby Robthebob » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

hanelyp

Postby hanelyp » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:09 am

The climate models might identify the chaotic attractors of the system, if they didn't have BS fudge factors baked in to cover details they don't understand.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

choff

Postby choff » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:41 am

When they start clearing trees and farming in Greenland again then we can say it's warmed up as much as a thousand years ago.
CHoff

Netmaker

Postby Netmaker » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:11 pm

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:59 pm

Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

Netmaker

Postby Netmaker » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:19 am

choff

Postby choff » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:08 am

Note that I said when they start clearing trees for farming in Greenland again like a thousand years ago. The point being we aren't even close to being outside the temperature ranges of recorded history. You might want to investigate the history of the Club of Rome, they spoke of inventing global crises to push their eugenics agenda, climate disaster and population explosion amoung others.
CHoff

ltgbrown

Postby ltgbrown » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:43 am

Famous last words, "Hey, watch this!"

Return to “News”