Can Anyone Confirm: Iran has invested 8 million???

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

mattman

Can Anyone Confirm: Iran has invested 8 million???

Post by mattman »

Guys,

Sorry if you read this on awareness thread.

The word is: Iran has invested 8 million into the Polywell.

http://en.trend.az/regions/iran/2087514.html

I am highly skeptical, but Zapkitty said this was true.

Anyone else have insight into this?

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

You do know we have a couple of Iranian lurkers here, don't you?

One of them invited me to participate in an Iranian effort, to which I politely declined.

I would be unsurprised if they had an effort underway. If they do, it won't be on the scale of that big fission containment building in the photo of that article. We're talking garage-bay-sized.

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

Neutron production for turning uranium into chemically separable plutonium without the signature of a pile.

Very little doubt that's why they're looking at it. If they wanted power, they'd do thorium, or the like, and have it for sure. Only thing you already know you can get out of a Polywell is neutrons.

Mr. Ligon, I presume you mentioned that offer to the appropriate people.
Last edited by TDPerk on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

Here ya go mattman, 7 pages of glorious international peaceful discussion including a published Iranian.

viewtopic.php?t=3356&highlight=iran

I wish they posted more here, honestly.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I know that Iran has somewhat of a history developing nuclear fusion, particularly aneutronic fusion. This is why Eric Lerner is working on establishing a cooperation between the US and Iran on the subject.
That does not mean that TDPerk is wrong with his interpretation of it. It just is additional information worth considering before coming to a conclusion. I find it funny that they are working on IEC and not the DPF.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

So the Iranians got funded. Interesting.

I wouldn't worry about contacting authorities. Given current conditions I assume any one with capabilities is being watched.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

mattman

Post by mattman »

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Don't forget they met with LPP and made a cooperative agreement.
This is all old news.
Too bad we don't see them posting anymore.
Does Admin know if they are even still logging in on occasion?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

ladajo wrote:Don't forget they met with LPP and made a cooperative agreement.
This is all old news.
What is interesting in this context is that they are doing an IEC device, not a DPF.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

I just hope Mossad knows the difference between fusion and fission. :shock:

There are easier ways to get neutrons. I assume this is basically a "look over here!" project to distract attention from their nuclear weapons research and let them say "see, our research is totally peaceful and stuff." Who knows, they might come up with something interesting, it wouldn't be the first time some politician accidentally advanced the cause of science. Hope we get to hear more.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

That gave me a funny thought:

Iranian scientist: Great news, Ayatollah! We have perfected the Polywell fusion process -- and it is cheaper than fission! That means our fission plants are now totally superfluous for energy production!

Ayatollah: Kill the traitor. Burn his research. Blow up his lab. Blame the Israelis.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Or he realizes that Polywell will give him Solar System Domination and he could then rain Hammer's of God down on the unbelievers and filthy Arabs. Of course he would have to train monkeys in Kepler first.

Win-win.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)