EEStor says something - but not too much

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Asterix

Re: EEStor says something - but not too much

Post by Asterix »

Aaaand Zenn/eeStor can be seen slowly sinking into the sunset. Final published results say that they basically have nothing--and they're pretty much out of money:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/zenn-m ... _news_stmp

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

EESU layers previously provided to the TAC by EEStor did not show commercial potential
Ouch. But not surprising in the least.

Perhaps the most telling was the idea that while EESU may not support capacitors, the CMBT may be found useful in other applications. (or not).

How long can he keep the money train rolling? Doesn't seem like it has much inertia left now.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Anyone surprised by this? I am not. I mean we all saw that coming

papapoe

Post by papapoe »

How long can he keep the money train rolling? Doesn't seem like it has much inertia left now.
At Zenn's AGM last week according to James Kofman CEO of Zenn both Zenn and EEStor will run out of money by end of year. Kofman is hoping to find "partners" with Zenn.
IMO no respectable company would want to get involved with EEstor whose CEO Dick Weir is a scammer. DW's enablers (administrator theestory) of his fraud wanted you to believe DW developed the EESU technology over 20 years ago. The fact is as of today DW is unable to produce a single layer which could power an LED.
At the AGM there was an EEStor shill Greg Gooch who was implying TAC did not know what they are doing. GC was using the EEstor fraud SOP in claiming DW has produced better layers than the ones tested by TAC. It's funny how since Kofman became CEO, the last 3 years enablers of DW fraud always claim DW has produced better layers which are not tested by third parties. You can listen to the BS coming out GC mouth at the AGM:
AGM Part 3: http://youtu.be/m7pwDSPWZV4
AGM Part 4: http://youtu.be/ldo0tax37vc
AGM Part 5: http://youtu.be/pGg20EGcUYA
Last edited by papapoe on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

A consistent theme of scammers is the claim of secrecy and not providing samples to be tested at a location other than the scammer's lab. Also, special protocols are employed, and the use of shills is commonplace. EEScam claims and smoke blowing have bilked millions from easy marks, and the amazing thing is these believers never seem to be able to come to their senses. What is that all about?
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I think you both misunderstand the dynamic. Weir no doubt believes he has what he says he has. The first person to be deceived in cases like these is the supposed scammer. It is therefore not best to refer to him as a scammer, because he is a victim too, though victim only to his own foolishness.

Probably the number of direct, deliberate lies Weir has told is small, and the kind of thing one can easily rationalize. The big problem here is the lack of evidence. BTW, this same thing seems to have happened at BPL. Mills is not a "scammer" in the sense of a confidence man. He earnestly believes his physics and lab results are correct.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Yes, faked measurements in the patent signed under oath is just a "small" lie. Then there were the energy storage measurements made as energy in!! He should have patented a toaster oven as a storage device. And you got to admit, it took a real "honest" snake oil salesman to scam the millions he made out of that strip mall office where he employed his whole family. All it takes is a string of strategic, essential, "small" lies and a good salesman, over years of cover up and excuses to bilk millions, that adds up to a scam. Folks who feel it is harsh to put an equal sign at the end of a string of improper actions are just making a convenient excuse, a perfect happy ending to a decade long scam.

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

Zenn is just following the same pattern of being hoodwinked since they were FGC (Feel Good Cars) with the AEC (Alternative Energy Corp.) proposed hydrogen-on-the-fly-from-water days.

At least they're consistent.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Zenn, from what I can see, is guilty of failure to do due diligence, and basically was just incompetent. Claims by upper management that EEStor was about to deliver in, name the year, were a result of that. Whether Zenn just didn't want to find out an inconvenient truth and did not get their own sample (criminal negligent) or were just gullible fools would be hard to know, but EEScam can't claim that someone else put fake measurements in the patent and then forged their name to it. Nor, claim to have had components that "worked" then a decade layer not be able to make a single layer that is more than ordinary.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

This is where some level of accountablity needs to occur.
It bothers me that folks like this can do these things over and over.

It is like Rossi. One scam after another. Multiple convictions, and he is still at it.

I really do wonder if he lied on his Alien Residency applications and interviews. I would love for INS to check into it and boot his happy ass out if he did.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Is it truly the death of EESTOR?
Years of Bullshit finally outed?

I don't see anyone parading around the endlist list of "We did it!" quotes from those clowns, now proven to be crap.
I wonder if ZENN will initiate a lawsuit against EESTOR pre-aquisition leadership?
I bet they are thinking about it.

ZENN may not survive this financial hit. We will see I guess.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Time to close the thread... and the case? I don't think there will be much important news anymore and I am not really interested in doing an "I told you so" parade. For me this is like the Rossi thing. I know it is BS, but I wished it wasn't. So when the Rossi thing comes crashing down, I will not be happy about having been right (I rarely am happy about being right any more these days).

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

Well, it certainly looks like the last twitch for investors. Today, on US OTC trading, Zenn lost somewhere south of 39% in its stock price. On the TSX, perhaps south of only 30% (Canadians more optimistic?). If you have a share of Zenn stock, you can't trade it for a pack of chewing gum.

Let's close this thread when Zenn officially ceases operations, which shouldn't be too long in coming.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Skipjack wrote:Time to close the thread... and the case? I don't think there will be much important news anymore and I am not really interested in doing an "I told you so" parade. For me this is like the Rossi thing. I know it is BS, but I wished it wasn't. So when the Rossi thing comes crashing down, I will not be happy about having been right (I rarely am happy about being right any more these days).
"Pathological skeptic"
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.