EEStor says something - but not too much

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Asterix

Re: EEStor says something - but not too much

Post by Asterix »

Well if Dick W. can't supply a current EESU for testing, maybe he can supply one of the ones he promised to have in 2005, or 2007, or... :roll:

papapoe

issues are no longer ones of testing, we need a better produ

Post by papapoe »

After 10 years and millions invested in EEStor by Zenn, Dick Weir had nothing, nada, zilch, zero to deliver to Zenn!!! Remember in 2009 from Dick Weir's mouth (documented and date stamped) he stated he was assembling EESUs ahead of schedule? The following is from a citizen journalist (Jim Kofman is current CEO of Zenn) :

Reportedly Zenn CEO Says They "Need a Better Product"

"Reportedly Zenn's CEO responded to a Share holder question about Evans testing, saying: Thanks for your note. We think our press release was very clear on the results of testing. In our view the issues are no longer ones of testing, we need a better product. It is actually that simple. As to disclosure of Evans details of testing, we are very supportive, but there are issues between Evans and EEStor to be resolved before that can happen. by Blackberry Jim Kofman"

The citizen journalist also exposed the fallacy Dr Carl Nelson was a co-inventor of the EESU with Dick Weir peddled by Baghead Brennan Joseph Murphy and his team of EEstor pumpers:

"Spoke with Carl Nelson today. He obviously is a person of integrity and a very nice person.
I began the interview by saying that he had a cadre of fans who worshiped him. I pointed out that EEstor could play an important role in history.
He said he did not want to break his silence about EEstor, but he really wanted me to know that worshiping him in any way was misplaced. He said he was only with EEstor less than a year and didn’t regard having much to do with them, so valuing his time at EEstor was a mistake. He just had a relationship with someone he worked with in the 1970’s as collaborators.
He said has no current connection with EEstor. He resigned in August of 2006. He said he started with Eestor when it started in October of 2005. “Period. My involvement doesn’t deserve attention.”
I asked him about the Patent affidavits. He said he wrote them. He didn’t say when.
I told him about how important Eestor was to the developing electric vehicle market. He said he admired what GM has done with the Volt …collecting engineering staff that came up with something to admire. He has followed what happened with the Volt.
He said he was surprised that anyone knew who he was. His association with eestor was so minimal it didn’t warrant PR. He has no idea what is going on at EEstor. “I really don’t.” He said it was mistake to think his involvement was anything other than creating the chemistry part of the patents and then editing the rest for grammar. The chemistry parts were the only parts he composed. He gave the formulas and discussed them. He edited text.
I asked him if he would ask Dick to be more open about what was going on. He said Dick would never accept that suggestion from him or anyone…that was just the way he operated.
He said he was sorry if he was breaking my bubble. He said I was the second person to call him like this. He doesn’t want to be appreciated for EEstor. He wants to be appreciated for the right reasons…for something he deserves credit for. His input at EEstor was extremely limited. He only wrote the chemistry portion of patents for the co-precipitation of mixed oxide compounds. I asked him if he worked on the 10,000j/cc aspect. He said everything else in the patent beyond the chemistry was done by someone else. He said if I wanted to see serious work on capacitors I should look at the work of PSU.
He just used what he knew from his work on the co-precipitation of magnetic oxides. The work was Nothing difficult. Similar to his work at MIT. This work should be credited for. He said the capacitor industry is still behind. They should be better than they are. They refuse to change. He brought this chemistry to them when he was at MIT. Hardest thing was to get them to accept it. They are trapped in their conventional methods.
I asked him about some of the ARPA projects like Stanford and recapping.
He said I should look at PSU for capacitor progress. Stanford has great engineers too. He said I should focus on PSU because of their reputation…their fine work that has gone for years. He said many of the folks he knew there have died. He said he knew there were excellent people there like Rustum Roy, Bob Newman, and Dr. Cross.
I asked him if he thought capacitors could have the energy density of batteries. He said he didn’t know. He has been out of the field for a long time. He said he last did full time R&D work in 2000. He reiterated that all he did on the Eestor patents was write about co-precipitation of mixed oxide compounds – Ferro spindles (?). Similar compounds to what he was working with in the 1950’s at MIT. He said I should look at other places than Carl W. Nelson for credit with what is going on at Eestor.
Note:
A few comments about the interview: I tried to reflect the flow of the actual conversation. Sure I would have loved to have recorded the conversation. He was surprised by my call so I am not going to break the flow of the conversation by asking to record it. I don’t quote him unless I am certain I have the quote right. I have tried to use the words he used in paraphrasing what he said.
I am admittedly a skeptic. So Believers can ignore this. He never referred to DW by name once. He really didn’t seem to have much connection to him and he said he was only associated Eestor because he had an association with a coworker from the 70’s, obviously DW. He said this like we might say I got associated with Eestor because of that guy. "

by eestortruth@gmail.com (2011)

Note the first person who contacted Dr. Carl Nelson was the blogger known as B/eestorblogger AKA Baghead Brennan Joseph Murphy. Baghead did not publish the interview because it would have not helped his agenda of pumping the EEstory.

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

Is B some sort of blood relation to Weir or one of his minions?

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

Just plain bizarre, at this point:

Zenn agrees to acquire controlling stake in EEStor.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Obviously Zenn still believes in the product. $1M is not a lot to go "all in". I'm just surprised they could so believe, especially with Weir relinquishing control. He must have been selling a story of over-involvement for quite some time. Perhaps given Zenn believes in the technology, they feel they can provide better leadership.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

No one "believes" in EEStor "miracle" technology. When proof of principle was requested by the AFRL years ago, after approached by EEStor, EEStor wouldn't provide it. In fact, it is only the word of EEStor that Zenn is relying on and we know what that is worth (and so does Zenn, now). Zenn has already bet the whole company on EEStor "tech" and that was done without due diligence, so Zenn is only following through with their past whole hog error.

Technology is not about belief.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

GIThruster wrote:Obviously Zenn still believes in the product. $1M is not a lot to go "all in". I'm just surprised they could so believe, especially with Weir relinquishing control. He must have been selling a story of over-involvement for quite some time. Perhaps given Zenn believes in the technology, they feel they can provide better leadership.
I don't think Zenn believes that for a second. If you'll note, the payout for the shares is spread across some time and pretty much worth worthless Zenn stock is involved.

I think that this is nothing more than getting Weir out of the way, pulling back the blankets and seeing what's been living in Dick's bed. Cheap, at the initial cost. More expensive as time goes on. Perhaps there's something in all of the fairy-dust that can be commercially exploited (i.e., IP sold to someone willing to pay for it). One thing that Weir did initially was to file for a bunch of patents. It might well be that Zenn thinks that there could be a gold nugget in all of that horseshit.

Time to find out.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

mvanwink5 wrote:No one "believes" in EEStor "miracle" technology.
Normally people won't pay $1M for what they know won't work. I don't especially think it will work, but I know some of what I don't know, and most of the EEStor detractors do not. Never have.

For instance, the common misunderstanding of EEStor's critics has always been that to get energy storage, they look at max polarization. Trouble is as with all perovskite crystal phases, the lattice also stores huge amounts of energy through electrostriction. Since the skeptics are not materials scientists, they neglect this and produce false numbers.

So just saying, off handed remarks and "easy" calculations do not impress me. I think as always, there is more going on here than meets the eye, yet I do not think EEStor has what they have said they have.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

Didn't Elon Musk (who does have relevant knowlege in capacitor technology--and has "people" who have relevant experience) quietly state that what EEStor claimed was BS a couple of years ago?

Given Musk's involvement in EV, you'd think that he would have jumped on something that showed the slightest bit of promise. Heaven knows, Tesla has no problem raising funds for their stuff. A capacitor-based energy storage technology with the claimed performance would be earth-shaking.

But the beleivers chose to believe instead that Weir had what he claimed.

Same situation as Rossi and Defkalion, it would seem.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Zenn originally invested without due diligence, betting the whole company on EEStor success, and now the survival of the company is 100% dependent on EEStor being worth something, anything. Zenn already knows the production samples don't work based on three independent testers, they (Zenn) have stated this. The last bit of bad news to come is hard proof that the EEStor's original proof of principle was botched by the same test error EEStor made on their production samples that were recently shown to have no special energy storage.

EEStor has danced Zenn around and around up to now (for nearly 2 years), so the only way to get to the bottom of this fiasco was to get control of EEStor, and that was cheap compared to what Zenn has already sunk into this mire.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

One other thing, AFRL told EEStor that all they needed to fund EEStor was proof of principle samples. EEStor then told AFRL they (EEStor) had at one point proof of principle samples but the samples were destroyed during in-house testing (dog ate the homework child's excuse). Furthermore, EEStor said they were too busy making their production line to make new proof of principle samples. AFRL then told EEStor that proof of principle samples would be required. FOIA emails documented this absurd exchange.

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

That was pretty silly, wasn't it? About as silly as Rossi's claim that the US military was actively interested in his plumbing contraption.

This really reminds me of Zenn (FGC then) and their really stupid venture with AEC (Alternate Energy Corporation). Sadly, they don't seem to have learned anything in nearly a decade.

I suspect that the only thing left is to see if there's anything in Weir's body of work that's worth anything to anyone. It would indeed be a shame of there's no salable IP in all of EEStor's work.

I'm not familiar with Canadian bankruptcy law (or do the Canadians call it "going into administration"?), but the fat lady's getting warmed up...

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

I think this recent post on the EEStory forum sums things up quite nicely:

Is there any reason to check back here any more?

(If one has to ask, then the answer should be obvious.)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

LOL, that thread is sad. I am wondering whether a few years from now we will see the same posts in the ECat world forums...

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Rossibots are much less in number and certainly changing tunes of late towards less dramatic and definative statements.

I give it a year or less and he will be pretty much abandoned. He is far past due on expiration date.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)