SpaceX News

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: SpaceX News

Post by ladajo »

For our technical webcast (just rocket views, launch countdown audio and telemetry info), use this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh8V0COrrzE.
For the full hosted webcast, you can watch here or on YouTube with this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pUAydjne5M.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

Thank you for the links. Watching it just now, they successfully landed the first stage on the barge, "Of Course I Still Love You". The Dragon capsule appears to be doing just fine on its trip to orbit (SECO happened as I typed this sentence).

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Suck it... Jeff Bezos :D :D :D :D :D
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

:D :D :) :)
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

Maui

Post by Maui »

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Watched it live earlier today. Both launch and landing were beautiful. The weather was just awesome with amazingly clear skies and great lighting.
This was just picture perfect in every way.

ltgbrown

Post by ltgbrown »

Congrats to Spacex. Welcome to the dawn of the next phase in space exploration! :D :D :D :D
Famous last words, "Hey, watch this!"

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

This will give you an idea of what is involved with a landing recover, just read the table of contents and the find a quiet corner then vent :D
http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/permits/inc ... ha_app.pdf

but if you do read it there is some insight to future plans and operations that are very cool 8)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Yesterday was my birthday I got free upgrade to business class on my trip and I thought it was a good day. Than I saw Rossi truth finally starting to surface and I considered yet another good gift. And than I got the luck to watch this live while I was waiting flight connection.
Without doubts this was the best present I got. Thanks to SpaceX for keeping the dreams of this old guy still alive!
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

The clip I watched had a young man and woman narrating the landing. As the rocket slowed to trans-sonic, they were already excusing the inevitable beautiful fireball, saying even if that happened they would learn SOOOOO much.

And then the thing stuck the landing, pretty as you please, looked almost like some fantasy animation, and the pair were gobstruck with amazement. The crowd went wild.

They knew they could do it. But doing it after a string of almosts must feel about as good as doing the impossible. :)

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Watching this it looks like the rocket landed then slides to the left 15 feet. I also looked like the sea state was a lot higher than I would say was preferred .
That is probably why they are switching to the gulf area after the new plant/ facility is build.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Giorgio wrote:Yesterday was my birthday I got free upgrade to business class on my trip and I thought it was a good day. Than I saw Rossi truth finally starting to surface and I considered yet another good gift. And than I got the luck to watch this live while I was waiting flight connection.
Without doubts this was the best present I got. Thanks to SpaceX for keeping the dreams of this old guy still alive!
Well, happy birthday to you, Gio!

That landing was incredible to watch.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

JoeP wrote:That landing was incredible to watch.
When i saw the rough seas and the rocket entering the camera with that inclination i was ready for another firework show. Than it just straighten up and landed like if it was the most natural thing it could do. Than I was smiling and laughing and chanting "Yes, f.ck yes!" while 2 dozen eyes was looking at me in a puzzled way in the transfer area. :mrgreen:
I f.cking love science. These are the days worth living for.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

And In case Jeff Bezos did not get the message the first time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSx4DGBstYA
:D :D :D :D :D :D