Theory of dark matter, dark energy, altering Einstein

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

DeltaV

Theory of dark matter, dark energy, altering Einstein

Post by DeltaV »

Mathematicians offer unified theory of dark matter, dark energy, altering Einstein field equations

GRAVITATIONAL FIELD EQUATIONS AND THEORY OF DARK MATTER AND DARK ENERGY
Shouhong Wang, a professor in the IU College of Arts and Sciences' Department of Mathematics, and Tian Ma, a professor at Sichuan University, suggest the law of energy and momentum conservation in spacetime is valid only when normal matter, dark matter and dark energy are all taken into account.
"The difference between the new field equations and Einstein's equations is the addition of a second-order covariant derivative of a scalar potential field," he said. "Gravity theory is fundamentally changed and is now described by the metric of the curved spacetime, the new scalar potential field and their interactions."

rcain

Post by rcain »

..just came across this, step-by-step walk-through of Friedman, Robertson, Walker equation of expanding (accelerating) universe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G5NAHsQ ... creen&NR=1

thought it might be of interest as background reading. straightforward and fun to follow. (though i expect Kiteman will leap to the last step in one easy bound ;) )

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

The universe isn't growing, the quantum entanglement of the newly created matter is increasing.

:P :? :lol:

rcain

Post by rcain »

KitemanSA wrote:The universe isn't growing, the quantum entanglement of the newly created matter is increasing.

:P :? :lol:
:shock:

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

If I understand what little I think I do, seems to me astrophysicists have a bone to pick with this where they assert at the top of page 31 that the universe is not homogeneous in its mass distribution.

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/news/

"The combination of WMAP and other data limits the extent to which dark energy deviates from Einstein's cosmological constant. The simplest model (a flat universe with a cosmological constant) fits the data remarkably well."

Looks to me like WMAP says the universe is flat, and this theory is saying it is not.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Looks to me like WMAP says the universe is flat, and this theory is saying it is not.
Heretics! Everyone knows that the world is flat! ;)