SpaceX's Dragon capsule captured by ISS

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Obama doesn't care about the space program at all. He said this multiple times when he was first running in the primary and has clearly demonstrated lack of vision and leadership of any kind since taking the White House. Blaming the Senate is therefore misguided. It is not the Senates job to provide leadership to NASA. It is the President's job. That's part of the job description of Chief Executive.
BS
One word Augustine Commission!
Best thing any politician has ever done. I wished politicians always made important decisions like that.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Skipjack wrote: Best thing any politician has ever done. I wished politicians always made important decisions like that.
Seriously Skippy, I have to wonder whether you're a communist plant or simply as stupid as you seem.

NASA is lost at sea, and the burden of leadership is squarely on the Chief Executive--Barack Obama.

How can you possibly hold the position you do, that Obama is providing real leadership at NASA, while NASA is so incredibly screwed up as it is?
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

NASA is lost at sea, and the burden of leadership is squarely on the Chief Executive--Barack Obama.
That is BS.
Commercial crew is a huge success. Pretty much everything else that NASA has money enough to do is also a huge success. The only thing that sucks is the SLS which unfortuantely sucks up most of the money and is the result of shameless Shelby inserting money into a bill at last minute (multi billion USD earmark).
The president could have vetoed it, but it would have basically delayed everything by a year.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Well you're obviously wrong, Skippy.

Most people who form space advocacy and are interested to support space efforts, think NASA is near dead and buried. NASA is awash with billions of funds, but no vision.

NO VISION!!!

It would take very little for a President, or any presidential contender to make NASA relevant. Direct funds to advanced propulsion of any sort. Support TRITON. Support Nautilus-X. Support anything that grants real "vision".

Obama just can't manage.

I wasn't in support of Constillation, but that was a lot better than no interest at all in space exploration.

Obama is a nice guy, who wants to see the far left agenda secured. But really, he's an idiot and ignoramous when it comes to what is necessary for the US to reach out and lead this next century.

And of course, you don't give a shit that the US lead, because you're not a US citizen.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Most people who form space advocacy and are interested to support space efforts, think NASA is near dead and buried.
Not true!
A lot of people that I personally know that are space advocates were in support of the administrations plan. Andrwe Gasser from Teaparty in Space, e.g. People are realy upset about how congress was handling things. Obama cant directly fund such projects, because there is no money for it. But in case you have not heard, NIAC is actually funding (on a lower level) quite a few advanced propulsion concepts and research on those.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Oh shit, Skippy, do you honesty expect anyone here to believe Obama had anything at all to do with NIAC II?

You're such a moron.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Oh shit, Skippy, do you honesty expect anyone here to believe Obama had anything at all to do with NIAC II?
NIAC is a NASA science project. You claimed that NASA was not funding advanced propulsion projects. I corrected you.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Barff. . .

Skippy again granting idiot skill opines with other people's money.

Such a douchbag.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

GIT's argument summarized:

"Obama should execute his previously stated vision for NASA by waving his magic wand and making the GOP controlled House and GOP super minority Senate to back him." Obama can have vision pouring out of his ass and he wouldn't get what he wants, it's a do-nothing congress and a very unfavorably balanced senate.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Barff. . .

Skippy again granting idiot skill opines with other people's money.

Such a douchbag
Running out of arguments and having to resort to personal attacks. How clever you are!
I will be paying an estimated 20k USD in taxes in the US this year. JFYI [/quote]

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

You're presenting Scott, that you know nothing of how DC works.

It is completely true, that Obama is not sympathetic with any space development.

Look at the evidence! Obama has provided NO direction for NASA.

NASA is now full of bureaucratic bullshit, managing thousands of people's jobs with no direction.

NO DIRECTION!!!!

Get a clue.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

It is completely true, that Obama is not sympathetic with any space development.
Again: Augustine commission!!!!
Also he visited the SpaceX launch facility at the cape. He also visited their plant, I believe. The direction of the original plan was exactly what NASA would have needed. Build a space infrastructure, do research and technology development, as well as science routine operations done by private companies. There is finally an emerging space infrastructure as a result of this. So many new companies and finally also venture capital for space firms!!!

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Here is what my fellow space advocate Rand Simberg has to say about it:
http://reason.com/archives/2012/01/25/a-twinkle-of-hope

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Skipjack wrote:
Again: Augustine commission!!!!
Also he visited the SpaceX launch facility at the cape. He also visited their plant, I believe. !
Seriously Skippy, you're a moron wishing he had a clue.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Seriously Skippy, you're a moron wishing he had a clue.
Ohhh, again the ad hominem attacks. They make you appear very smart.