Nuclear regulatory chief Jaczko resigns

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Enginerd

Nuclear regulatory chief Jaczko resigns

Post by Enginerd »

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
--Philip K. Dick

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

There was an unsurprising surprising lack of information in that article. It will definitely be "interesting" to see what falls out of all of it, however.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

krenshala wrote:There was an unsurprising surprising lack of information in that article. It will definitely be "interesting" to see what falls out of all of it, however.
It seem to me the current administration is now starting to support natural gas as the next new solution to our energy problem. After the tarif on solar panels and removing the guy that supported new nuc plants it leave N gas as our next bets bet. Hope this does not filter into the pollywell effort. IMHO

Enginerd

Post by Enginerd »

paperburn1 wrote:
krenshala wrote:There was an unsurprising surprising lack of information in that article. It will definitely be "interesting" to see what falls out of all of it, however.
It seem to me the current administration is now starting to support natural gas as the next new solution to our energy problem. After the tarif on solar panels and removing the guy that supported new nuc plants it leave N gas as our next bets bet. Hope this does not filter into the pollywell effort. IMHO
If by "removing the guy that supported new nuc plants" you mean Jaczko, then I think you are misinformed. Jaczko has consistently done quite literally everything in his power to prevent anything nuclear from happening in the USA. He voted against the new Westinghouse AP1000 reactors in South Carolina. Jaczko has strong political ties to the Liquified Natural Gas industry. His resignation could hardly be due to the natural gas industry, when he has long been their number one supporter through his continuing efforts to suppress nuclear power.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
--Philip K. Dick

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

[/quote]If by "removing the guy that supported new nuc plants" you mean Jaczko, then I think you are misinformed. Jaczko has strong political ties to the Liquified Natural Gas industry. His resignation could hardly be due to the natural gas industry, when he has long been their number one supporter through his continuing efforts to suppress nuclear power.[/quote]
WOW, just proves do not get your info from one source, Did a lot more reading and this guy does seem to have Alot of issues. But the main point still stands, I believe N gas lobby is trying to shut down Alternate and Nuc so they may be the next big player in the energy industry.

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

Enginerd wrote:
paperburn1 wrote:
If by "removing the guy that supported new nuc plants" you mean Jaczko, then I think you are misinformed. Jaczko has consistently done quite literally everything in his power to prevent anything nuclear from happening in the USA. He voted against the new Westinghouse AP1000 reactors in South Carolina. Jaczko has strong political ties to the Liquified Natural Gas industry. His resignation could hardly be due to the natural gas industry, when he has long been their number one supporter through his continuing efforts to suppress nuclear power.
meh, tone of that article was a bit too biased. While it's most likely true that Jaczko needs to step down. If you're on a 5 man team of any kind, and the other 4 wants you to leave, gives good reasons and support, you gotta go. There's connection to natural gas, but to say that nuclear power (electric power) would all of a sudden make natural gas (chemical power) worthless is a lie.

We dont have excellent means of storing electric energy. That's why petroleum will not go away. We need it to make plastic, we probably still need it for individual transportation, unless really drastic overhauls happen. Like high speed rails, everyone driving a plug in hybrid or whatever, etc. Home heating with natural gas is what it is. The amount of relatively stable energy storage and good energy density per storage... I dont know, people get scared for not good reason, they start doing dumb stuff, and science cant advance cus of that.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.