NanoSpire

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

PieEconomics

NanoSpire

Post by PieEconomics »

...The NanoSpire story is in the process of being cracked wide open. Have a look at Sterling Allan's site: http://pesn.com/2012/04/28/9602083_Nano ... _in_Water/

The key to cracking this story is to read all references to Ed Storms (including post-scripts and comments) in the article.

Sterling: "Mark [LeClair, president of NanoSpire] said that well-known cold fusion researcher, Ed Storms, formerly Los Alamos National Laboratories, performed SEM analysis for Nanospire, gratis, and though he doesn't necessarily agree with all of Mark's theory, he apparently believes that what they are seeing is real and novel. I asked Ed Storms for his response, and he said: 'Sterling, I would state the quote differently. I examined the material sent by NanoSpire and saw nothing unusual. I have no reason to doubt the experience they claim, but I have no reason to believe it either. As for the theory, it makes no sense based on my understanding of science. I wish them success.' Below is a rebuttal from Mark, along with an earlier statement made by Ed Storms."

Rebuttal from Mark: "Ed Storms made the comment below to me and the CMNS group, [at odds with] what he recently said to you:

To: cmns <cmns@****group>
Sent: Tue, Feb 1, 2011 2:54 pm
Subject: Re: CMNS: Call for Rossi Focardi Moratorium, Previous ML Posts to New Energy Times

Hi Mark,

Just so that we are all clear about how to describe what you saw, let me explain some things *** does not understand. Two different types of nuclear reactions are now know; that which produces energetic radiation (1) and that which does not (2). Hot fusion and all nuclear reactions that are initiated by applying significant energy fall into the first category. This is the realm of normal physics. The one unique aspect of the other branch of nuclear physics is the absence of energetic radiation even though significant heat energy is generated. This branch includes cold fusion, which like hot fusion, results in fusion as well as transmutation. You triggered a reaction in the first branch by applying high energy. In addition, you triggered many kinds of very energetic nuclear reactions, not just fusion. Therefore, your reaction is not LENR or cold fusion. Nevertheless, the reaction you triggered is novel and unexpected.

Ed [Storms]"

How relevant is the following old post from Steve Krivit on his New Energy Times site, in analyzing Storms' statements above?... "I sent a message back to these people that I would not comply with their strong-arm tactics. Just a few weeks earlier, on June 19, Storms had sent me an e-mail and discouraged me from reporting some of the truths of LENR research. 'You need to be more careful in how you reveal the truth about the field," Storms wrote. "Eventually, the field will be big enough and so well-accepted that a little plainly spoken truth would not cause you any problem.'" However, New Energy Times reports as much of the truth as we can, as quickly as we can." http://newenergytimes.com/v2/news/20...eologies.shtml

PieEconomics

WOW! LeClair's Latest Comments

Post by PieEconomics »

Some of Mark LeClair's recent comments (for context see complete text)*:
Just so we are clear: LENR = LeClair Effect Nuclear Reactions...

Another handy definition: CMNS (Can't Make No Sense)...

Suppression: I don't know how to suggest anyone contact us, because despite thousands of hits both to the PESN interview and article and to our website nanospireinc.com, we have recieved only a tiny handful of e-mails. We have also not received phone calls or e-mails and e-mails that we know were sent us us were not received...

I'd like to say in my defense that I held the most important job in hydrodynamics and cavitation in the United States at Locheed Missiles and Space Co...

No "lattice" is required. The nuclear reactions occur on the outside of the material from the impact of the cavitation reentrant jets and from trench formation resulting from the LeClair Effect. This is what I say powers the electrolytic P-F style cells and other LENR devices that really derive their reactions from cavitation. Since cavitation and the LeClair Effect explain how these devices work and makes accurate predictions about their performance, I do not believe any of the lattice based theories are even remotely true, including Widom-Larsen theory...

The pieces of the story that you refer to are factual and fit together because they are supposed to. I find your inuendos and allusions disrespectful and insulting...

I think Sterling should make it a rule that all posts to PESN should include the identity of the poster to prevent attacks and other smears from being made anonomously, hiding like cowards behind some e-mail name...

I think the Ni-H reaction is a diversionary tactic that hides the truth of the matter, Rossi is using cavitation in secret and doesn't want anybody to know about it. I strongly suspect Defkalion and Brilliouin are using cavitation also. Their designs all show more than superficial resemblance to our technology. That's why they are all so cagey about how it works and want to throw everybody off the trail. We know the truth, that's why they fear us. Some of the witnesses to our NRL experiment also went on to work with Rossi, Defkalion and Brilliouin, raising our suspicions that some of our confidential information was leaked to them...

Its apparent that you and "engineer" are both trolls intent on slowing our progress (and probably any other company that tries to emerge in this field) any way you can. You have shown a track record of deceipt where NanoSpire is concerned. All the appropriate Federal, state and local agencies were briefed previously imediately after the experiment, as we stated in the interview. Your inflamatory comments about potential misuse are designed to try and scare away potential investors, a sueable offense. All work in LENR is potentialy dangerous. Rossi's claims about "no radiation emitted" are highly in doubt, given the flip flop we have seen about whether or not radiation shielding was employed. Many others in the field have claimed radiation and transmutation as well. to prove otherwise? Have you gone after Rossi, Defkalion and Brillouin, given that the same may happen with them, since there is no data tp prove otherwise? How about the obvious danger of Defkalions explosive charges designed to prevent tampering? If that exploded inside a structure everyone would die from the overpressure...

We have an inside view of everything that has gone on with all the major players like no one else because we have interacted with them. It is just as critical as the technology for the public to understand the politics and crime that is going on in the LENR field.

We have observed that many of the so-called experts and critics in LENR are engaged in very unamerican and unpatriotic activity, perhaps even spying for foreign governments...

Treason is not a laughing matter...

You hide like the other cowards behind an anonymous e-mail moniker, without the guts to identify yourself. We, as world authorities in cavitation, speak with rendundant, corroborative facts in hand, you (whoever you are) spread disinformation and lies...

The only reason these trolls attack us is because the truth hurts...

Compare the pictures of the Rossi reactor showing the risers: http://newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2011/ ... ort3.shtml with my reactor designs used in my 2009-2010 experiments. Also, I noticed that one of the pictures of one of the other Rossi experiments amusingly shows Prof. Levi plugging his ears, while he stands close to and stares at the centrifugal pump used for "heat transfer". Levi plugs his ears because a cavitating pump, even a small one, emits a loud high pitch noise that is hard to take. Other clues Rossi is using cavitation, they show a fill bucket placed at a level below the small centrifugal pump they use, just like I did (see picture below from August 24-25 experiment)! I did it to lower the NPSH (Net Positive Suction Head) to force cavitation. I also used a choke valve and small diameter tubing at the inlet to cause further pressure drop, so did Rossi. No one would run a heat transfer pump this way on purpose, it's inefficient (<1% pumping efficency) and causes unnecessary cavitation damage to the core and enclosure. The flow rate of my small 1/2 Hp centrifugal pump varied from 0.3 to 0.6 gpm in the cavitating mode, the same flow rate as Rossi's small centrifugal pump! It's obvious to anyone who knows cavitation that setting up the pump to cavitate must have been done intentionally by Rossi. It would have been more efficient for Rossi to use tap water than a pump in the first place if all you wanted to do was remove heat. A much smaller centrifugal pump running at its full flow rate and not running in cavitating mode would have matched the < 1 gpm Rossi flow rate without the heavy mechanical losses of the larger pump Rossi used...

The lack of qualified response to this major release (11493 hits plus) should be a sign to the rest of the world that the PESN Comment section is being heavily censured, with only a few anonymous trolls allowed to comment...

This isn't a theory but an observation of the facts, it's statistically impossible for so many people to be interested in the material and to see hardly any comments forthcoming either for or against. Sterling was the first to take notice and he pointed out to us in an e-mail that the comment frequency was far lower than he usually sees for having so many hits to the article. We see the same thing happening with our website. We had people send us e-mails on purpose to check and we never received them...

Two plus years of radiation sickness, suppression, industrial espionage by people you once trusted and character asassination attempts don't give you a healthy attitude.
*http://pesn.com/2012/04/28/9602083_Nano ... _in_Water/ (comments). BTW, Mark also posted in the comments section stunning pictures of some of the elements that were transmuted out of ordinary water (including a piece of transmuted diamond the size of a postage stamp), a dish that originally held some transmuted elements that is etched with nuclear tracks, actual pictures of the device, and copies of lab reports from the testing of samples. Now that there is physical evidence of NanoSpire having achieved transmutation, I urge everyone reading this to forward news of their discovery to mainstream media.
Last edited by PieEconomics on Thu May 31, 2012 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

BTW, Mark also posted in the comments section stunning pictures of some of the elements that were transmuted out of ordinary water (including a piece of transmuted diamond the size of a postage stamp)
Wow - super-high reading on scamometer for the miraculous diamond!

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

I know very little about this item, but a diamond (carbon) the size of a postage stamp? Again simple consideration of the significance of this. Assume this "diamond" that was transmutted from the hydrogen in the water weighs ~ 1 gram. That would release about the same heat as ~ 10-20 thousand kg of TNT. Where did that heat go? What was the reported thermal output per unit of time? Does it make sense?

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Unless there is a low energy way to do it that we do not yet understand...

:shock:
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I like to think that science and engineering come together in the early stages with normally a brute force approach. Then find nuance later.

Sometimes we get an "elegant finessed" solution upfront. But, I do not think that is the center of the curve.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

"LeClair Effect Nuclear Reactions"? "Can't Make No Sense"? Cute. Somebody is clearly trying to piggyback off the next generation cold fusion vogue. But I'm not exactly clear what LeClair is claiming here. Based on his patents (which actually have been granted, but don't seem to claim any type of nuclear reaction), I'm guessing the asymmetric collapse of the cavitation bubble creates a high-energy jet that functions something like the ion beam of a particle accelerator. Am I understanding correctly?
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

PieEconomics

Need Help...

Post by PieEconomics »

Need help getting Drudge to link my newest article about NanoSpire: http://pieeconomics.blogspot.com/p/cavi ... -this.html

How is this for a Drudge caption: "Former Lockheed scientist claims he created a diamond out of ordinary water".

Just copy and paste my link to where it says: "Send News Tips To Drudge".

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

I think the evangelism might be a little bit premature in this case, but that might just be me.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Axil

Post by Axil »

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/pt/diamond/pdf/drm17-931.pdf

Creating diamonds from graphite via cavitation is not new as the above reference shows. What LeClair claims to have done is new, to create(transmute) diamond from water.