Bill Gates Funds New China Reactor

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Bill Gates Funds New China Reactor

Post by MSimon »

Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Yeah, because thanks to the NRC and other, simillar institutions across the western world, you seemingly cant develop a new reactor type like that anywhere else.
Of course that means that China will be ahead of everyone in regards to access to cheap and abundand energy. Since the cost of energy is a major driver of the economy, they will win. We will loose.
Thanks NRC!

seedload

Post by seedload »

Skipjack wrote:Yeah, because thanks to the NRC and other, simillar institutions across the western world, you seemingly cant develop a new reactor type like that anywhere else.
Of course that means that China will be ahead of everyone in regards to access to cheap and abundand energy. Since the cost of energy is a major driver of the economy, they will win. We will loose.
Thanks NRC!
Again, there is no "we". No "we". You have your own country. Your country doesn't support nuclear. The NRC has nothing to do with you. No "we". K?
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Again, there is no "we". No "we". You have your own country. Your country doesn't support nuclear. The NRC has nothing to do with you. No "we". K?
I was talking about "we" as in "the west". Also, please forgive me, for feeling very strongly connected with the US for so many reasons (e.g. both my wife and my son are US citizens). So it sometimes happens that I put myself in the US.
Either way, we both have the same government idiots to deal with in this regard. Their ways may be different, but the result is the same (no advanced nuclear reactors in our countries).
So no matter what way you look at it, WE loose.

choff

Post by choff »

Lets hope in turns out better that ME or Vista.
CHoff

rcain

Post by rcain »

this is a really interesting post. why isn't it in the news section?

good for Bill I say! (... and to the points above: whilst i agree Mindows OS sucks, it has done plenty good ($Bn) for Bill, and the world simply wouldn't be the same with out it... ).

The 'Travelling Wave Reactor' - i remember reading about it before - well some of the theoretical principles; correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think anyone's actually built one yet (even a baby one), have they?

I just wish he was promoting the LFTR technology (as well/instead) - strikes me would get us out of our current energy/economics hole quicker - and we know they actually work.

i have a suspicion (vague recollection), that the PRC already have an LFTR project on the boil somewhere - anyone recall?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Well news is supposed to be about Polywell. I guess the conventions have changed with the dearth of News so I'm moving it to news.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Yeah,

Bill in his underhanded way took a quasi CPM OS and made his bones by buying it cheap and selling it to IBM.

The PC market was fragmented (lots of OSs) until he did his trick.

He actually did a LOT of good for us all.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

Skipjack wrote:
I was talking about "we" as in "the west".
define "the west". Only the rich western countries? Or are several latin american countries included too (maybe exception to some of the countries with stronger indigenous culture, like Bolivia)

or do you abject to poor countries being considered western? In that sense, can a country suddenly be excluded from "the west" if it becomes poor? Would Chile become western if it gets rich? Was Argentina the west, in the beginning of the 20th century, and now its not anymore?

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Lighten up. South America is rooted in European culture. The us and we referred to is the classic twain that never shall meet.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

define "the west". Only the rich western countries? Or are several latin american countries included too (maybe exception to some of the countries with stronger indigenous culture, like Bolivia)

or do you abject to poor countries being considered western? In that sense, can a country suddenly be excluded from "the west" if it becomes poor? Would Chile become western if it gets rich? Was Argentina the west, in the beginning of the 20th century, and now its not anymore?

Are we discussing semantics now?
I think that you will at least agree that China is not "the west"...
sigh, really some people just enjoy being dicks for the sake of being dicks.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Skipjack wrote:

Are we discussing semantics now?
I think that you will at least agree that China is not "the west"...
sigh, really some people just enjoy being dicks for the sake of being dicks.
I believe the applicable word is "small".

rcain

Post by rcain »

that was a very 'slik' thread-shift MSimon - Lorentz boost compensated... as you were... :)

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

rcain wrote:that was a very 'slik' thread-shift MSimon - Lorentz boost compensated... as you were... :)
Very clever.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Medic!!! Bring the self-back pat splits!
No, wait a second. Seems he has used that motion often enough that he has developed the needed flexibility.
:D ;)