Scam Artist?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Scam Artist?

Post by MSimon »

http://sam-azar.com/?p=43

http://www.noblefuse.org/

Particularly of the nuclear fusion community- -I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG-

I have saved your careers-

My system is a direct replacement of the pressurized water reactors used in nuclear power plants-

Hello, my name is Solomon Azar- I HAVE FOUND THE ROAD TO SAFE CLEAN NUCLEAR FUSION- I have performed an experiment never done before in science- I used a Tesla coil for its use in high voltage high frequency and apply its discharge plasma not upon the dielectric of free air- but to the dielectric of water itself- specifically I used ultrapure reagent grade water from manufacture NERL-this is to establish the high degree of insulation needed for plasma (you cannot have contaminants for conductivity)- I doped my water with heavy water from the manufacturer UNITED NUCLEAR- I built my 1 million volt Tesla coil entire tunable- every aspect of it- as it must be done to TUNE THE OUTPUT DISCHARGE OF THE TESLA COIL to the water itself- once the arc is stable- the voltage may be increased- I have written in my pdf file in my website that a prerequisite of 750 kv is needed as an electric field gradient about the charged particles used in fusion( in this case the hydrogen bound in the water molecule) because of voltage drops as expected as in all electrical systems upon the load (load here is the water)- a much higher voltage is needed in order to distribute the voltage gradient upon entire arc plasma length between electrodes in water- THUS- THE HIGHER THE VOLTAGE-THE BETTER- within my website you will find a link to youtube showing my primitive experiment- BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT THIS- THIS IS THE FIRST TIME EVER DONE BEFORE - I propose nuclear fusion of water/heavy water- my little experiment IS THE ROAD TO NUCLEAR FUSION- we must universally connect the dots- put two and two together- and conclude this- MY EXPERIMENT MUST BE REPEATED ON A LARGER SCALE- my system is a direct replacement of nuclear power plants particularly of the pressurized water reactor which uses heavy water already - a vessel already built for gamma radiation and other high energy flux which will emit with the plasma arc-

Here is the technical paper. I have only read the first few pages. Up to where I have read it is orthodox physics.

http://www.noblefuse.org/nfg6.pdf

He says "In my NFG system..."

I think he got that right. His system is NFG. Har.

He just needs more money. Heh. Don't we all.
Last edited by MSimon on Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

to TUNE THE OUTPUT DISCHARGE OF THE TESLA COIL to the water itself
I think he's onto something. If you just reverse the polarity of your magnetic monopole and feed the result into an improbability generator equipped with a source of Brownian motion (say, a nice cup of really hot tea), I believe this technology could generate several million tons of fried eggs.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Dave,

It is almost like he has been cribbing from us without understanding.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

scareduck

Post by scareduck »

You need to take the question mark out of the thread title.

jlumartinez

Post by jlumartinez »

why scam artist? I have´t seen anything about cheating in his web. He can be right or can be wrong but I don´t think he is an scam artist. The idea is quite good to confine ions ( http://noblefuse.com/video2.htm) , I don´t know if it is totally correct but maybe it is a SEED for a new confinement configuration. There is one quite similar called the Z-pinch (Z machine) which is been tested in Sandia Labs and it is close to breakeven. Let´s give him a try and be respectful to him. Calling him scam from the beginning is not fair . He doesn´t deserve it.

I have always thought that we will get nuclear fusion power in the moment that somebody could imagine an smart confining configuration which will be able to fuse ions. Who knows who will be that person? Maybe we could expect to be from an open-mind guy , not restricted by strict scientific ideas. The key is thinking in new configurations to get ions close enough to produce fusion. Anyone has a better own idea than this guy??

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

He has a lot of good math up. However, he has no concept of energy balance. Energy in vs energy out.

As we all know - fusion is easy. Net energy is hard.

I think it is possible he has made fusion. I do not believe he can get net energy out of his concept.

This seems like Cold fusion without the catalyst. Dr. B thought cold fusion could produce fusion. He was doubtful of net energy. I think this falls in the same category.

However, your advice is a good corrective. I will contact him and see what I can learn.

Simon

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Item #6 on the the quackery test http://www.psorsite.com/docs/quackery.html : "5 points for each word in all capital letters (except for those with defective keyboards)." heh.

pstudier

Post by pstudier »

From the paper: I have built
an exceptionally crude NFG system and ACHIEVED POSITIVE EXCESS
ENERGY.
However, he has no photographs, graphs of data, tables of data, etc. I could find no evidence of any real measurement. If he really has made excess energy from hydrogen fusion, then his lab should be a superfund site from the radioactivity.
Fusion is easy, but break even is horrendous.

pstudier

Post by pstudier »

jlumartinez wrote:There is one quite similar called the Z-pinch (Z machine) which is been tested in Sandia Labs and it is close to breakeven.
Close to breakeven? The Sandia site uses it for an X-Ray generator, and hardly mentions energy break even. I did see a claim of 10% efficiency of conversion from electricity to X-Rays, but this has nothing to do with fusion.
Fusion is easy, but break even is horrendous.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

After going through the paper (pdf above) it is pretty obvious that the guy hasn't clue.

That isn't real bothersome to me. If you go back and read Tesla's work in light of what we know today it is pretty clear that a lot of concepts we take for granted (Q multiplication of voltage in a tuned circuit) were totally foreign to his thinking.

None the less Tesla coils work. It is just possible that this guy is in the same category i.e. a lucky amateur. (Tesla was actually a trained engineer. He saw things others didn't see - like rotating magnetic fields. In other cases his intuition was totally wrong.)

scareduck

Post by scareduck »

But, hey, he's got a great Freddie Mercury tribute video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fpupBCL6TE

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I asked him here how he measured fusion output:

http://sam-azar.com/?p=42#comment-91

We shall see if he answers.

BTW he also has a cure for AIDS.

jlumartinez

Post by jlumartinez »

Z-pinch has a similar foundation ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-pinch ) but this guy suggest to add external magnets to help pinching the plasma and enhance fusion. I don´t know much fusion theory to judge his idea. The other thoughts (AIDS, David Bowie,Messenger,...) is better to not comment it . I just take it as an idea about a new confinement concept. Maybe it´s wrong or maybe it´s the starting point for a new kind of fusion device. In some sense it´s similar to Polywell: nobody knows for sure if it will works but it is a reasonable concept. It uses electrical fields, magnetic fields, magnets to trap ions (and even POPS as some of you like). Also it has some things in common with MTF (Magnetized Target Fusion).

If he could be onto something I think he is failing with the forms: it is not common to mix science, religion, and music in the same website to convince Westinghouse to use his idea.