general fusion in the news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

jcoady

general fusion in the news

Post by jcoady »

Here is a link to a story about general fusion.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... oject.html

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Wow, this has to be one of the worst researched, most biased articles on fusion that I have read in a long time! Biased a bit?

choff

Post by choff »

I drive by the industrial park they're located in at least once a week, the reporting is typical for this town.
CHoff

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

some experts say poses serious dangers.
Heh. To the investors, maybe.

I don't know if I'd heard Bezos was involved before.

Best of luck to them, it's an interesting approach and it's not impossible it could work.
Richardson said General Fusion is still three years away from actually attempting a fusion reaction
Hmm, a ways off.
There are also questions as to whether or not an actual fusion reaction could legally occur in B.C. because the province has a ban on nuclear energy.
Canadian law now apparently supersedes physical law. Good news if there's ever a nuclear war, I guess.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

choff

Post by choff »

I used to drive by the sign that told me I live in a nuclear weapons free zone all the time. Probably the only thing left standing after the magnitude 9 hits.
CHoff

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

TallDave wrote:
some experts say poses serious dangers.
Heh. To the investors, maybe.

I don't know if I'd heard Bezos was involved before.

Best of luck to them, it's an interesting approach and it's not impossible it could work.
Richardson said General Fusion is still three years away from actually attempting a fusion reaction
Hmm, a ways off.
There are also questions as to whether or not an actual fusion reaction could legally occur in B.C. because the province has a ban on nuclear energy.
Canadian law now apparently supersedes physical law. Good news if there's ever a nuclear war, I guess.
The tree huggers dont mean "all nuclear power", they mean "fission power plants and nuclear weapons", because peaceful fyoooozhun power is CLEAN and therefore GREEN.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Another article on General Fusion:

Canadian firm General Fusion plans prototype nuclear fusion test for 2014

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... actor-test

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I thought they was actually aiming for a proof of concept test in 2012.