In other words, Ignorance is bliss.KitemanSA wrote:I suppose that for some, ignorance equals improbable but for me, ignorance is just that not knowing; and I don't know.
Anyway, since this is a new thread, I will recap my position.
* LENR is improbable.
* If LENR processes are real, the claimed orders of magnitude improvement in LENR by Rossi is improbable.
* The claimed cheap isotopic separation process of Rossi is improbable.
* The claim that apparently impotent Leonardo Corporation is capable of ECAT production is improbable.
* The forgotten claim that shipping was held up because of a container is improbable.
* The coincidental natural isotopic ratios of copper produced is improbable.
* If a real process, the highly defensive and angry replies to any serious questions is improbable.
* If a real discovery, the lack of scientific rigor in successive demonstrations is improbable.
* If a real discovery, the extended time of the UOB research project is improbable.
* The idea that only specific isotopes of Nickel would 'react' is improbable.
* The name "Rossi Tires" on the door is improbable.
* The naked lab is improbable.
* The coffee machine is improbable.
* Given Rossi's insistence that the 1MW plant will be proof, the fact that the 'customer' for the plant is the producer of ECATs makes this claim of proof an improbable position.
* If real, Rossi and Focardi disagreeing on the basic reaction at this late date is improbable.
* Claims of spies etc. are improbable.
* Claims of designing a self destruct mechanism for home models are improbable.
* The inconsistent claims of filed patents vs. company secret on the secret sauce are improbable.
* Given the history of Rossi, the idea that he has not gone straight is improbable.
No, I don't think we are ignorant at all. We have a basis to draw conclusions that various aspects of this whole business are improbable.
Previously, my arguments were individually opposed based on the fact that each of the above is possible. For example, it is indeed possible that they are building ECATS in an apartment in Miami just like Apple did in the garage. Yes, it is possible that Rossi has found a cheap method of isotopic enrichment. Yes, it is possible, that Rossi is really being pursued by spies, is really building a self destruct mechanism to stick in peoples homes, is really held up by a shipping container, etc.
Yes, individually, all of the above is possible.
But, we are also not ignorant to the math of probability. Individually improbable things, while possible, quickly approach impossible when considered together.