10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

Not long now. Either this is legit or it all comes tumbling down.

*rubs hands*

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

See my post in theE-Cat fraud thread.

Good stuff from Australia!
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

ladajo wrote:See my post in theE-Cat fraud thread.

Good stuff from Australia!
While an interesting distraction, I prefer defkalion's approach.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I also like what they are doing, and am very interesting in the outcome. It would appear that they are very much trying to be fair and legit.

One day, this whole thing (Rossiworld Circus) is going to make a great movie.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Dick Smith Offers $1 Million Prize for Successful E-Cat Demo

http://blog.newenergytimes.com/2012/02/ ... -cat-demo/

I don't understand why he's trying to deal with Rossi at this point, when Rossi has already stated there will be no further public demonstrations and Defkalion is actively inviting independent testing. We know that he's aware of Defkalion because his designated engineer (?), Ian Bryce, posted there.

Why not just send Ian Bryce to Athens?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

What an interesting twist!
I guess that's finally show up or shut up time for Rossi.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Looks like Rossi choose the shut up road:

----------------------------------------------------------
Andrea Rossi

February 14th, 2012 at 6:23 PM <http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.c ... ent-185047>

Dear Archibald Fields:

This is a Clownerie. If this guy wants to test a 1 MW plant and has 1 million to spend he can buy a 1 MW plant, with a regular contract, that gives him all the necessary guarantees and to us the logic financial guarantees. Our plants Are tested by Our Customers and the Consultants they choose. I have not time at all for this clownery. Besides: when Our E-CATS will be in the market, this “millionaire” will have the chance to buy for few hundred dollars an E-Cat and test it as he wants, so why waste money? I do not need his money.

Warm Regards,
A.R.
----------------------------------------------------------

I wonder who will have the courage to still defend this guy now....

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Once again, Rossi demonstrates new levels of idiocy.

Come on Rossibots...defend him...I dare you...

pbelter

Post by pbelter »

ladajo wrote:Once again, Rossi demonstrates new levels of idiocy.

Well I don't write much on this forum. I am not sure what to think about Rossi and whether he is onto something. Since I don't know I can't argue one way or the other.
This however is a no brainer. If Dick Smith is really willing to pay up $ 1 m and Rossi is willing to sell his device provided that his consultants can test before hand that it works before committing the money then I see no issue, why not pay the money and have something in exchange to show for it, put on public display and run a bunch of tests by a number of interdependent parties, just to make sure it really works after the initial tests are positive and transaction is finalized.

Now if Rossi is a fraud he would not want to have this test does for obvious reasons and even if Dick Smith comes up with a purchase offer he come up with "supply delays" due to "high demand" to keep the fraud going for whatever reasons he has.
If he really is onto something and racing to ramp up production against Defkalion, Brillouin and others then he is going to be a billionaire pretty soon anyway and any distraction can be more harmful than the million $ he can make on it.
This does not help me decide one way or the other. I wish Mr Smith would offer to buy one of his devices for the aid $1 m provided his consultants verify beforehand that it really works. If Rossi says he is willing to sell and then withdraws his offer then there is really something wrong.

So far this argument has done nothing to convince me one way or the other. The one thing that is odd an therefore convincing that something is wrong there is the natural isotope composition of Copper in Rossi's tests.

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

pbelter wrote:

Well I don't write much on this forum. I am not sure what to think about Rossi and whether he is onto something. Since I don't know I can't argue one way or the other.
This however is a no brainer. If Dick Smith is really willing to pay up $ 1 m and Rossi is willing to sell his device provided that his consultants can test before hand that it works before committing the money then I see no issue, why not pay the money and have something in exchange to show for it, put on public display and run a bunch of tests by a number of interdependent parties, just to make sure it really works after the initial tests are positive and transaction is finalized.

Now if Rossi is a fraud he would not want to have this test does for obvious reasons and even if Dick Smith comes up with a purchase offer he come up with "supply delays" due to "high demand" to keep the fraud going for whatever reasons he has.
If he really is onto something and racing to ramp up production against Defkalion, Brillouin and others then he is going to be a billionaire pretty soon anyway and any distraction can be more harmful than the million $ he can make on it.
This does not help me decide one way or the other. I wish Mr Smith would offer to buy one of his devices for the aid $1 m provided his consultants verify beforehand that it really works. If Rossi says he is willing to sell and then withdraws his offer then there is really something wrong.

So far this argument has done nothing to convince me one way or the other. The one thing that is odd an therefore convincing that something is wrong there is the natural isotope composition of Copper in Rossi's tests.
Excellent assessment. The most damning evidence against Rossi in my mind is the isotopic ratio measurement data.

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

Crawdaddy wrote:
pbelter wrote:

Excellent assessment. The most damning evidence against Rossi in my mind is the isotopic ratio measurement data.
If Rossi is racing to productionise his unit he needs lots of money and expertise. Money, perhaps he could get from a few large secret donations. Expertise? You have be quite unusually imaginative to think Rossi can have all the expertise and help he would need without any publicly visible sign, and with the external world not believing he has anything.

And you have to reckon Rossi very unusually self-deceiving if he thinks he can successfully productionise his unit on a shoestring with no external credibility and alomost no staff.

And while it is true the isotopic ratio data is damning, and no doubt has moved Essen & Kullander, there is no positive evidence that Rossi has what he says other than his claims and ability to convince others. Rossi has a record of making untrue claims and convincing others (the on record statements of the Mayor of wherever he previously was doing business, if I remember right, as well as his business record).

So: damning negative evidence, no positive evidence.

And by some magic of the internet & human psychology many here think: "well, I'm not sure, but let us not judge to soon..". Pigs could fly, but if somone came to me and said he had seen one doing it I would not believe them, even were their credibility better than Rossi's.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

This is a Clownerie. If this guy wants to test a 1 MW plant and has 1 million to spend he can buy a 1 MW plant, with a regular contract, that gives him all the necessary guarantees and to us the logic financial guarantees.
No, the clownerie is your little game here, Mr Rossi! I am about done with this guy, really. So he is not willing to make 1 million USD by simply letting them test his unit, something that he lets his customers do anyway? Why is he not doing it, forever shutting up his critics and taking the money from one of them on top of that?
He reminds me of Sylvia Browne who is basically saying the same things when James Randi challenges her to take his million dollar challenge.
IMHO, Rossi has just proven that he is the same type of woowoo as all the Sylvia Brownes and John Edwards out there.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Or he's nuts. Or both.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

you have to reckon Rossi very unusually self-deceiving
I think that the evidence points more to this than anything.

But I do agree with Pbelters assessment as well. In the overall balance, Rossi has hurt himself more than helped, time and again. The why remains to be tabled. One way or another, this thing is going to come to a head by summer. Def & Co. at least will drive that equation, if not critics goading Rossi into the Dick Smith test.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Well I know Rossi bashing is a fine (and fun) sport in these parts, but DGT is the game to watch at present IMO. Whatever way their testing goes, it most certainly will reflect in like terms on Rossi. If DGT has something, they obviously got it from Rossi (no matter what they say), if they don't ... At this point, I tend to beleive they both "think" they have something.

If Smith really wants to know if the tech is for real, he could have dispatched a DGT test team to Greece for a fraction of the million he has offered. I suspect what we really have a battle of the giant egos going on between Smith and Rossi. I don't know Smith too well, but Rossi does not seem to have a self esteem problem.