10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
JoeP wrote:I don't know about that. Reading online blogs that are pro-Rossi you sure see a lot of sycophants and gushing over his every word. Charisma comes in many forms.. :)
I think that nobody would be interested in McEnroe's charisma if that was not #1. His soundly behavior was interesting - yes, both because he was a good player and at the same time a little bit hooligan. And what difference has Rossi charisma or not if his device does not work?
Right. Playing the misunderstood and unappreciated engineer is only going to get you so far if what you really have is no more than an electric water heater.

But as for now, we don't know that for sure.

Aside: anyone here ever read Asimov's The Gods Themselves?
In this novel, the character Frederick Hallam was a little bit like a Rossi. Hallam stumbled upon a new energy source and exploited it, without really knowing the deadly implications of doing so. The character was insecure, extremely prideful, and only "discovered" the energy source out of a sheer stubbornness that developed as a reaction when mocked by a more intelligent, brilliant peer.

polyill

Post by polyill »

Ivy Matt wrote:According to Sterling Allan at PESN, Rossi has signed an agreement with National Instruments to provide the instrumentation for the E-Cat plants. Interesting.

http://pesn.com/2011/11/10/9601953_Nati ... _controls/
PESN wrote:... the E-Cat plants, which began commercial sales on October 28, following the successful test in Bologna, Italy of the first 1 MW heat plant to the first customer.
OK. The only place you could find a more biased sentence is a covering of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict...

The rest of the article leaves me with the impression that PESN is a proud prostitute

rcain

Post by rcain »

polyill wrote:
Ivy Matt wrote:According to Sterling Allan at PESN, Rossi has signed an agreement with National Instruments to provide the instrumentation for the E-Cat plants. Interesting.

PESN wrote:... the E-Cat plants, which began commercial sales on October 28, following the successful test in Bologna, Italy of the first 1 MW heat plant to the first customer.
OK. The only place you could find a more biased sentence is a covering of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict...

The rest of the article leaves me with the impression that PESN is a proud prostitute
or just a 'sloppy' journalist. (journalist even?).

the mere prefix of a 'Rossi said:...' or 'According to a company spokesman... ', (the odd 'allegedly...' even), some 'attribution', might have made it acceptable. instead we get assertions presented as 'divine truth', 'unquestionable fact' - slightly unwise under the circumstances i would have thought, and positively 'misleading' (IMO), from the point of view of the causal (uninformed) reader - some of whom no doubt, may already be forming those queues at the checkout, that we are told about.

i wish someone would just steal his work and be done with it. but apparently, most of it is in Rossi's head, which would mean kidnapping [edit].. and torture...[/edit]. Even better. :twisted:

polyill

Post by polyill »

If there was something to steal, you'd never heard of it in the first place ;)

Rick Meisinger

Post by Rick Meisinger »

polyill wrote:

Information is not just coming from PESN but also from Daniel Passerini also was confirming NI involvement. A couple of Daniel's quotes:

"I promised not to disclose confidential information, and I keep my word, now I have the scoop of Pesne partially freed from the bond of secrecy concerning e-Cat and National Instruments. I know of many other "secrets", but wait patiently, one after another fall.
This spring, National Instruments had asked for silence about his willingness to "sponsor" the E-Cat Rossi, still holding his invention too controversial. Ergo, if National Instruments have come out now, that means they have ruled out (far-fetched) of the scam.
NI never sell to Rossi if he thought that the E-Cat was a hoax. It is a simple discussion of image: NI does not risk never to tie its brand to a possible hoax. We're on this point? It is a matter of course too unpalatable to some minds to see the logic and Iperuranio prosciutto and mortadella covering their eyes.
Unfortunately I can not say all I know, my information dates back to before Easter ... I have no contacts in NI, but I have spoken directly with the E-Cat who has discussed with officials of NI.
Pesne was also surprised me this morning revealed the involvement of NI not exactly the same but very much related to what I knew, and even more so strengthens and confirms what I knew. Really, I can not say more ... and I know that is not enough to say "trust". But consciousness is what I can tell you it head on." Per Google translation.

Many may lump Daniel in the same group with PESN but he is well connected and is in a position to be aware of confidential information. Also the email from NI helps PESN somewhat with credibility:

On November 10, 2011 4:39 PM [MST], regarding the above story, I received the following from Trisha McDonell | Corporate PR Manager | National Instruments.
Subject: Re: final Re: contact info for E-Cat / NI contract
Thank you Sterling for allowing us to review. We approve the text, especially the National Instruments portion of the story that includes Stefano's quote and information.

Best regards
Trisha

Also, here is a NI video featuring Stefano Concezzi who reportedly broke the story to PESN. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wod5AxKxDiQ

Rick Meisinger

Post by Rick Meisinger »

Noticed a recent Forbes article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/markgibbs/2 ... ld-fusion/ Here is a quote from the article:

A statement from John Pasquarette, Vice President of Corporate Marketing and eBusiness, National Instruments:

There are thousands of researchers and engineers in the world trying to solve alternative energy challenges and National Instruments provides tools to many of these scientists. One example is the Leonardo Corporation who intends to use NI tools for various applications. Specific details are still in development.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

NI never sell to Rossi if he thought that the E-Cat was a hoax.
I. Do. Not. Believe. That. For. A. Femtosecond.

How in the heck is NI going to check that Rossi's device works? Bring over a bunch of engineers and test it? Before selling him a few K$ worth of hardware/software?

Absolutely fun to watch though. Faith can either move mountains or destroy reason.

So if Fiat sells Rossi a company car that is proof of Rossi's claims?
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Am

Post by Am »

MSimon wrote:

How in the heck is NI going to check that Rossi's device works? Bring over a bunch of engineers and test it? Before selling him a few K$ worth of hardware/software?

Absolutely fun to watch though. Faith can either move mountains or destroy reason.

Surely you mean attosecond, Mr Windbag?

So. Suppose you own a company. You would be happy to have your corporate logo slapped all over a pile of crap?

Rick Meisinger

Post by Rick Meisinger »

MSimon wrote:

Remember that NI's Dir. of Physics Stefano Concezzi who is a Dr. of Physics from the Univ. of Parma is an Italian who has reportedly been involved for months.

polyill

Post by polyill »

Rick, you're making a contra-Rossi point, right?

polyill

Post by polyill »

Dear Andrea Rossi,

This is what STEAM looks like. Thought you should watch this, the whole 9 minutes.

Regards,
polyill

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

So. Suppose you own a company. You would be happy to have your corporate logo slapped all over a pile of crap?
What am I going to do? Not sell because I have no faith in his work? It opens up possible legal liabilities.

On top of that what is the risk? Lots of publicity now and possibly some bad publicity later when everyone has forgotten Rossi? And exactly how does a fraud using my tools discredit my tools? It actually enhances the credibility of my tools because he is trying to piggyback on that credibility.

Big upside little downside for NI.

Am - evidently my lack of faith disturbs you. It tickles me. Immensely. Keep up the good work.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

xevioso

very important point

Post by xevioso »

Update from the statement provided by the National Instruments:

Update #2: A followup statement from National Instruments’ John Pasquarette, Vice President of Corporate Marketing and eBusiness:

We did not buy a 1 MW cold fusion plant.

So, someone is lying.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

polyill wrote:Dear Andrea Rossi,

This is what STEAM looks like. Thought you should watch this, the whole 9 minutes.

Regards,
polyill
Brings back memories. I used to work there. When they did Shuttle ME burns, you could feel the vibration in the ground over 5 miles away from the test stands. Very cool stuff.
I do not miss the bugs, humidity and heat in the summer at all.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

polyill wrote:Dear Andrea Rossi,

Regards,
polyill
Blogged it: http://classicalvalues.com/2011/11/ross ... operation/

You got the H/T.

Thanks!