10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

LYING??.. DON'T BE SILLY, JUST MISINFORMATION FOR THE SNAKES AND COMPETITION! DO YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD RISK TELLING ANYONE WHERE THE REAL FACTORY IS?? AS FAR AS THE MECHANISM, IF THE REACTOR IS NOT HERE, THAN IT'S NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS, IS IT!!

Can't believe this has got to 240.. again, nice to see you're all hanging in there!

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

With the end of this sage, another will emerge. Believers have to believe, it's what they do. They'll latch on to something else after licking their wounds. The fun part is calling them out and pointing to threads like these.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

MSimon wrote:
Dear Matthew:
Patents pending are like divisions of an army in movement: the less the enemy knows of them, the better.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
Uh. Who is "the enemy"?
Presumably his competitors.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Maui

Post by Maui »

MSimon wrote:
Dear Matthew:
Patents pending are like divisions of an army in movement: the less the enemy knows of them, the better.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
Uh. Who is "the enemy"?
The snakes. The snakes are everyone's enemy. They must be destroyed.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Rossi's retort:
UPDATE: Andrea commented on this story today on the Journal of Nuclear Physics

There is not “my version” , there is only one version of the Florida Bureau inspection at Leonardo Corporation, as a matter of fact it is the version derived from the actual facts: We have been very glad to receive their visit and we have explained to them all we had to. We agreed with them that we will keep them informed of all our developments and also explained to them that we do not use radioactive materials and do not produce radioactive materials. The persons we talked with are very prepared and expert, they have been right and correct, and I have been honoured to deal with them. What we said beyond this is confidential and I have nothing to add at all. I give no information at all regarding our factory, as I always said, until our production will be officially announced. I can say, and I am delighted to say this, that the Officers of the Florida State I have been contacted from are glad that we are making jobs in Florida with a company that respects the Law. Of course they will have free access to us in our Florida site, also to verify that we do not use radioactive material and we do not produce radioactive material and, also , we agreed that we will not sell in the USA the domestic E-Cats before the due certification, that will certify that no radiations are emitted from the E-Cats outside the body of the E-Cats while they are working.
BTW, Sterling Allan must have been really hot when he first wrote his article. He has gone back and softened a lot of the most inflamitory rhetoric - wonder why.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Maui wrote:
MSimon wrote:
Dear Matthew:
Warm Regards,
A.R.
Uh. Who is "the enemy"?
The snakes. The snakes are everyone's enemy. They must be destroyed.
True, but if you don't also destroy the snake puppeteers, the snakes will come back.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Kahuna wrote:Rossi's retort:
UPDATE: Andrea commented on this story today on the Journal of Nuclear Physics

There is not “my version” , there is only one version of the Florida Bureau inspection at Leonardo Corporation, as a matter of fact it is the version derived from the actual facts: We have been very glad to receive their visit and we have explained to them all we had to. We agreed with them that we will keep them informed of all our developments and also explained to them that we do not use radioactive materials and do not produce radioactive materials. The persons we talked with are very prepared and expert, they have been right and correct, and I have been honoured to deal with them. What we said beyond this is confidential and I have nothing to add at all. I give no information at all regarding our factory, as I always said, until our production will be officially announced. I can say, and I am delighted to say this, that the Officers of the Florida State I have been contacted from are glad that we are making jobs in Florida with a company that respects the Law. Of course they will have free access to us in our Florida site, also to verify that we do not use radioactive material and we do not produce radioactive material and, also , we agreed that we will not sell in the USA the domestic E-Cats before the due certification, that will certify that no radiations are emitted from the E-Cats outside the body of the E-Cats while they are working.
BTW, Sterling Allan must have been really hot when he first wrote his article. He has gone back and softened a lot of the most inflamitory rhetoric - wonder why.
In his heart of hearts, Sterling Allan wants to believe. However, I can't see that the substance of his article has changed. Some big questions remain, and Rossi's comment is not responsive. To be fair, Claud asked a very broad question.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

"New Energy and Fuel" has some comments on Mr. Rossi's latest travails:

"Trouble for Andrea Rossi and His E-Cat"

http://newenergyandfuel.com/http:/newen ... his-e-cat/

He ends up being a bit of an apologist for Rossi:
So here’s what your humble writer is thinking: This isn’t a story about Andrea Rossi and the E-Cat. It’s a story about Gary Wright, Steven Krivit, a bunch of follow along bloggers and readers. There isn’t any E-Cat news.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Actually, I read that as a pretty balanced statement about the whole "Florida Bureau of Rad"...

Nothing new. Just pot stirring.

Yawn.

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

I don't know, I thought this was kind of new, but then maybe that's just me:
He acknowldged [sic] that no nuclear reactions occur during the process and that only low energy photons in the energy range of 50-100 keV occur within the device.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

It is just you. :)

If a bureaucrat comes in and says "we have jurisdiction over nuclear reactions in Florida which includes fission of Uranium or Plutonium or decay of Caesium or Strontium or anything else that produces gamma rays in excesss of 1MeV... (just a fer-instance)... by that kind of definition and all his prior statements, Rossi makes no nuclear reactions.

AR always said "doesn't use radioactive materials, doesn't result in radioactive materials and doesn't emit radiation beyond a certain keV value". Guess the FBRC(?) considers that "non-nuclear".

So, again, nothing new. More yammer. Yawn.

Tick, tock.

KitemanSA

Re: Here comes the call for investment in LENR

Post by KitemanSA »

tomclarke wrote: The above tirade does not deserve to be on this site.

Your presumption is that when somone makes an extraordinary claim, with flakey evidence, the precise errors in the evidence must be proven or the claim stands. How can this be done? Often bad experiments are never fully debugged by anyone, and remain with a whole load of unquantified errors.
Perhaps the issue is that some want to combine science and religion.

An oft quoted scientific statement is that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs". Which is true.

The converse, an almost religious statement that a "lack of extraordinary proof is proof against the claim" is false. Lack of evidence is NOT evidence of lack. All it does is result in the accurate statement... "not proven".

At this point, from what I have seen, Rossi is not proven... maybe even REALLY not proven. LENR on the other hand is more... not QUITE proven.

LENR being proven true would not surprise me. Rossi being proven true WOULD surprise me. But as yet, not proven.

Tick, tock.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

KitemanSA wrote:It is just you. :)

If a bureaucrat comes in and says "we have jurisdiction over nuclear reactions in Florida which includes fission of Uranium or Plutonium or decay of Caesium or Strontium or anything else that produces gamma rays in excesss of 1MeV... (just a fer-instance)... by that kind of definition and all his prior statements, Rossi makes no nuclear reactions.

AR always said "doesn't use radioactive materials, doesn't result in radioactive materials and doesn't emit radiation beyond a certain keV value". Guess the FBRC(?) considers that "non-nuclear".

Tick, tock.
What happened to 511KeV gammas???
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

tomclarke

Re: Here comes the call for investment in LENR

Post by tomclarke »

KitemanSA wrote:
tomclarke wrote: The above tirade does not deserve to be on this site.

Your presumption is that when somone makes an extraordinary claim, with flakey evidence, the precise errors in the evidence must be proven or the claim stands. How can this be done? Often bad experiments are never fully debugged by anyone, and remain with a whole load of unquantified errors.
Perhaps the issue is that some want to combine science and religion.

An oft quoted scientific statement is that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs". Which is true.

The converse, an almost religious statement that a "lack of extraordinary proof is proof against the claim" is false. Lack of evidence is NOT evidence of lack. All it does is result in the accurate statement... "not proven".

At this point, from what I have seen, Rossi is not proven... maybe even REALLY not proven. LENR on the other hand is more... not QUITE proven.

LENR being proven true would not surprise me. Rossi being proven true WOULD surprise me. But as yet, not proven.

Tick, tock.
I can say green men live in the moon. You can't disprove. But do you take me seriously?

I

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

ladajo wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:It is just you. :)

Tick, tock.
What happened to 511KeV gammas???
My hypothetical said >1MeV gammas. That is <1MeV.
Focardi reports 511keV gamma at about back-ground level. I've seen other statements about <200ish keV. R&D model vs prototype? Who knows?
Tick, tock...