10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

JoeP

Re: 10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Post by JoeP »

“The work of the Indipendent Third Party probably will finish in March. The publication probably will be made by the end of March or close to it and it will be made whatever the results, indipendently from us. In the meantime we are completing the construction of the first non military 1 MW plant. You are in the list of the persons that will be invited to visit it. The timing of their work does not depend on me: you are among the most important scientists of the World and a Nobel Prize, so you know perfectly how can work a validation of a thing that is as complex as ours. In the meantime we are completing the construction of the first 1 MW plant for civil operation. You are in the list of the scientists that will be invited to visit it.”
Tremendous amount of wiggle room in there. Probably squeeze a year or more out of it.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Yeah, I guess that he hopes that people will forget all about it by then...

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

More potential evidence that Rossisays does not have what he says he has.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

And even more evidence Rossi is full of shyte.

http://www.lenrnews.eu/swedish-defence/

The study report itself:

http://www.lenrnews.eu/wp-content/uploa ... 72_TMP.pdf

No gamma, no excess power, no nothing.

<more chirping...>
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

More Rossi fun.

From his blog:
Frank Acland
March 13th, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Dear Andrea,

It’s interesting to hear about the plant installed by the military customer, and to learn that you think the customer is satisfied.

Are you satisfied with the performance of this plant so far? How closely has it met your expectations and specifications?

Many thanks, and best wishes,

Frank Acland

Translate

Andrea Rossi
March 13th, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Dear Frank Acland:
Yes, I am satisfied, it has teached to us an enormous amount of data.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

gian
March 13th, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Dear Ing. Andrea Rossi
first of all thanks for your work and for the courtesy with which responds to our often insolent curiosity.
I’m wondering what news you are able to give of the hot cat from 1 megawatt delivered to a military Institution unknown to us.
It’s a long time this hot cat is operational.
We wonder if, after delivery, your customer has remained in touch with you: if requested technical informations, expressed his satisfaction or his complaints.
After more than 6 months of operation a fuel recharge has already been carried out by your technicians .
When recharging your technicians have definitely reported information, comments, news.
Would you to tell us something?
Would you to tell us what you believes is the degree of satisfaction of your client?
Warm regards
Gian

Caro Ing.Andrea Rossi
prima di tutto grazie per il Suo lavoro e per la cortesia con la quale risponde alla nostra spesso insolente curiosità.
Sto chiedendo quali notizie Lei è in grado di dare sull’Hot-cat da 1 megawatt un nuovo esemplare del quale è stato consegnato, ad un a noi sconosciuto Ente militare.
Ormai da molto tempo questo Hot cat è operativo.
Si può pensare che questo Hot Cat abbia soddisfatto il vostro cliente, perchè diversamente voi sareste a conoscenza delle sue rimostranze.
Noi ci domandiamo se, dopo la consegna, il vostro cliente è rimasto in contatto con voi: se ha chiesto informazioni tecniche, ha espresso la sua soddisfazione o le sue lagnanze.
Essendo ormai trascorsi più di 6 mesi dall’inizio dell’operatività dell’apparato, è già stato effettuata dai vostri tecnici una ricarica del combustibile.
In occasione della ricarica i vostri tecnici hanno sicuramente riportato, informazioni, osservazioni, notizie.
Vuole comunicarci qualche informazione?
Vuole indicarci quale Lei ritiene sia il grado di soddisfazione del Vostro cliente?
Con stima e gratitudine
Gian

Andrea Rossi
March 13th, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Dear Gian:
1- yes, we are in dayly contact with him
2- yes, the recharge has been made
3- information is confidential
4- we are working very well with the Customer: I think he is satisfied.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
So, let us roll back the clock a bit.
28 October, 2011 Rossi claims Successful Test and "Acceptance" by the military customer. He also soon thereafter claims delivery.
January, 2012 Same "Ecat" proven to have never been delivered by inadvertant photos/video in January 2012. Rossi then admits he still has it when questioned about visual evidence.
June, 2012 Same unit (photo proven) to be seen still in Rossi's shop over summer of 2012 form a Popular Science Article.
17 December, 2013 Same unit then seen again in Swedish TV show's with video and photos from November/December of 2012. Rossi claims in interview that this unit is destined for European Industrial Customer.
13 March, 2013 Rossi claims that the Military customer has had it and been operating it for a long time, implies over six months, and it has been recharged.

In case anyone forgot: Ecat never moved

What happened to the Military Customer? It would seem he only could have gotten the unit recently, and if so, it was at the loss of the European Industrial customer.
How can they have been running it for over six months and gone through a "recharge" cycle? If the claimed Military customer got the unit in December, 2012 then at best it has 2.5 months of operation.
It was last seen three months ago sitting in the Rossi Garage, still not hooked up to anything.
And let us not forget that Rossi claimed he had finally delivered the Ecat to the "military" over the summer of 2012.
Rossi is so full of shit.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I was just thinking on Rossi's Military Delivery statement after it was shown the box had not moved in January. As I recall he was very specific about 'that' box having finally been delivered.
I may go look for it. Goes against what he claimed when ScottL asked him about the never moving box. He said then that he had said multiple times he had shipped other units. I do not recall him ever saying that.

I am a little bored, so maybe I will google for it.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

Larsen seems to see LENR everywhere. I suspect that he sees it in his cornflakes in the morning.

How about this:

http://cen.acs.org/articles/91/web/2013 ... otope.html

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

LED all the way.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Asterix wrote:Larsen seems to see LENR everywhere. I suspect that he sees it in his cornflakes in the morning.

How about this:

If the isotopes have changed during usage, what other process could be going on besides LENR?

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

since i can't think of what else it might be, it must be LENR
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

As silly as the Forbes article is, I can't see anywhere that Larsen claims that new isotopes or elements are being created, just that their distribution is being altered.

There's a lot of junk in a CFL for a very small amount of mercury--electrodes, glass, phosphors, etc. Selective isotopic absorption is a definite possibility (and a probability).

If he really wants to see if there are any real effects, let him crack open a mercury-arc rectifier and do his analysis. Lots more mercury and much heavier currents--and no phosphors. He might also do an analysis to see what mercury contents remain in the other components in the tube.

It still sounds like cornflakes to me.

quixote

Post by quixote »

KitemanSA wrote:
Asterix wrote:Larsen seems to see LENR everywhere. I suspect that he sees it in his cornflakes in the morning.

How about this:

If the isotopes have changed during usage, what other process could be going on besides LENR?
What about ordinary fusion? Isn't a cfl basically a high-voltage, low-pressure plasma? If you ran it for years, would it be that surprising if you got tiny amounts of fusion?

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Umm, how would ordinary fusion change the isotopic ratio of mercury?