10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

parallel wrote:ScottL
These are the facts right now so we have very little to go on. You have to ask yourself how much you'd be willing to bet on his accuracy. Personally I'm not willing to bet anything on it based on his known background and lack of education, but then again Einstein was a patent cleric with little formal education as well.
Against my better judgement I'm responding to your troll.

I will bet you that the E-Cat works well enough to be acceptable. How much are you prepared to back your contrary conviction?

As I don't trust you 1 mm, the bets should be held in escrow by some third party like MSimon.
Trolling? I neither called him a name nor implied that he is a fraud. I did however; state known facts. He has not produced an experiment nor had third-party independent verification. It's his word vs. the scientific world, end of story.

As you saw from MSimon, he isn't to be trusted, but in all honesty I don't trust you. I specifically offered a bet just like this in this very thread to you in the form of a public apology and you ignored it.

You see, this is what a person is willing to do when they're found to be wrong. So far, I haven't found to be wrong and the evidence is pointing well into my favor.

icarus

Post by icarus »

rcain:
Rossi really isn't any good at this 'business stuff' is he; neither science, nor engineering.

perhaps he will have better luck writing a book about his adventures.

plenty of time for that sort of thing in prison.
.... and just what has he done in your sick opinion that he deserves to go to prison for? Claimed to invent a word-changing technology ... hey look around there are thousands on the interwebs.

First it is trash him as a man, then trash him as a scientist, now it is trash him as a businessman ... does it make all you small people feel bigger or something?

It really does seem to be something pathological in the criticisms of Rossi.

Hint: take a look at Wall St. and Washington if you want to really see some fraud that you can club people over the head with ...

Attacking some little inventor battler from Italy is just cowardly and wrong on many, many levels .... not matter how good it makes you feel.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

ScottL,

I don't believe you were here for the event but I made a whopper of a mistake. I was so sure I was right I offered to apologize on all my active blogs if I was wrong. A couple of days after I said that the light came on. I was wrong big time. The apologies went up.

Being publicly wrong is more than most people can stand. I was happy for it. A good object lesson for me. And I'm more careful about my thinking these days. A win-win even if I had to take the hit.

BTW I was very good. For a few days I had my opposition wondering if they were in error. Proof that a glib tongue is proof of nothing.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

First it is trash him as a man, then trash him as a scientist, now it is trash him as a businessman ... does it make all you small people feel bigger or something?
I celebrate him as an accomplished fraudster. With a record to prove it. Isn't that enough for you?

I do appreciate his "never give up" attitude. And his convictions.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

JoeP wrote:If so, this is more and more like BLP.
If you mean "a lot of talk and no real product to show" than I will have to agree with you :)

rcain

Post by rcain »

icarus wrote:rcain:
Rossi really isn't any good at this 'business stuff' is he; neither science, nor engineering.

perhaps he will have better luck writing a book about his adventures.

plenty of time for that sort of thing in prison.
.... and just what has he done in your sick opinion that he deserves to go to prison for?
just looking at his existing repeat offending rate, that's all. not saying nothing. we will see.
icarus wrote: Claimed to invent a word-changing technology ... hey look around there are thousands on the interwebs.
indeed there are. so what makes this one any different. no please don't tell me. some people are just 'PATHOLOGICALLY GULLIBLE' i suppose.
icarus wrote: First it is trash him as a man, then trash him as a scientist, now it is trash him as a businessman ... does it make all you small people feel bigger or something.
just saying it like it is.

'clever' self-publicist though. and he tries. i'll say that for him.
icarus wrote: It really does seem to be something pathological in the criticisms of Rossi.
there you go with the 'pathology' again.
icarus wrote: Hint: take a look at Wall St. and Washington if you want to really see some fraud that you can club people over the head with ...

indeed. i wasn't for a moment suggesting 'pathological fraud' was Rossi's alone.
icarus wrote:
Attacking some little battler from Italy is just cowardly and wrong on many, many levels .... not matter how good it makes you feel.
i have said nothing about his physical/anatomical stature. it was you who bought it up. have you something against short people, the 'vertically challenged'? does it make you feel bigger?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Crawdaddy wrote:There is only the possibility of fraud or of legitimacy.
Don't underestimate the self convince possibility.
Humans can do incredible feats and behave in amazing ways when they are convinced to be the holders of a truth.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Pathological skeptics like Giorgio and cgray45 should probably give this one a miss as I would hate to spoil their day.
Worry not, my days are generally spoiled by much more stressing and important issues than Rossi.

If all your daily worries are limited to Rossi's claims than you are a very lucky guy.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Giorgio wrote:
Crawdaddy wrote:There is only the possibility of fraud or of legitimacy.
Don't underestimate the self convince possibility.
Humans can do incredible feats and behave in amazing ways when they are convinced to be the holders of a truth.
Agreed. What baffles me is both Parallel's and Icarus's desire to defend Rossi at all costs. What possible investment into Rossi's claims do they possibly have other than the obvious emotional one. Parallel is notorious over at ArsTechnica, so much so that posters were requesting a ban on him. Icarus is like Parallel but with even less substance. He or She is a few lines answer and gone, rarely engaging in the topic, but instead choosing to be Rossi's attack dog and for what purpose?

Personally, I have nothing against them or Rossi. I do have something against the way he's conducted his research, but I freely admit he owes me nothing and I owe him nothing. Amazingly for some reason both Parallel and Icarus feel I owe Rossi the benefit of the doubt, which I don't.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

cgray45 wrote:Stick a fork in it folks--this turkey is done.
I'll take double serving and also STEAMED potatoes please.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

MSimon wrote:Yep. I'm a believer. And I get those beliefs tested everyday. It is called engineering. So far all I have seen from Rossi is a fantastic art project. Kudos to him on that.
Now you will be added to Parallel's "short list of pathological skeptics".
Wellcome.

rcain

Post by rcain »

icarus wrote:You septic sceptics are a sad, sad lot. :(
that may be true. i was going to add, that despite that fact, we tend to SURVIVE much better than the 'pathologically gullible'. but the cynic in me, says that simply isn't the case, on the evidence of sheer numbers.
icarus wrote: For all his faults, ...
...and there are many,many of them....
icarus wrote: it is possible Rossi has discovered an earth-changing technology for the good of mankind and you have had the knives out from day one.
and i posit, the only 'good' Rossi see's to all of this is the GOOD TO HIS BANK ACCOUNT. he is a greedy man. that is his primary drive: GETTING RICH QUICK! that is his primary ambition and primary motivation. he also likes 'fame' and will stalk it even when it's actually 'infamy'.

icarus wrote: There are thousands of fringe inventors out there on the web, any one of them you could go after as "frauds", yet you reserve special hate an vitriol for this one guy, Rossi. There are a thousand others inside the official halls of fusion power who also practice a special kind of sanctioned hopium selling (lets call it plasma research and not fusion shall we?), yet nothing about them either. The noise about Rossi is hypocritically loud against the silence on these other.
Icarus,you have a point; goodness knows i have been tempted to throw the odd evil jibe in Rossi's direction myself.

however, he asks for it. in just the same way as any 2-bit-wanna-be-a-(RICH)-celebrity-i-just-broke-all-the-laws-of-physics-and-invented-a-world-changing-free-energy-sorta-device' type-a-person - asks for it. its a prerequisite of the job.

if we weren't talking about him, he would be truly f**kd, sorry, 'dead in the water'.
icarus wrote: How are you going to live with yourselves if Rossi is right, and is doing what he believes to be right?

You will look like small-minded, petty, jealous, vicious snipes. Snapping at the boot heels of greatness. Time to take a look at yourselves in the mirror guys.
ROFL :lol:

it is true. IF Rossi comes up with the goods - and that means of course, undoubtedly, also a Nobel Prize, then I will look truly meek, humble, wrong and sorry before him.

that day has not come yet my friend.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

icarus wrote:How are you going to live with yourselves if Rossi is right, and is doing what he believes to be right?
If he is right it will be a very good story to tell to the young ones on how NOT to run a business.
If he is wrong it will be a very good story on people's psychology.

Is a win-win situation.

icarus wrote:You will look like small-minded, petty, jealous, vicious snipes.
Snakes, don't forget the snakes!

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

ScottL wrote:Agreed. What baffles me is both Parallel's and Icarus's desire to defend Rossi at all costs. What possible investment into Rossi's claims do they possibly have other than the obvious emotional one.
Emotional as you said.
Some people simply cannot live without blindly believing in something or someone that might make their life better.

Rossi, Defkalion, and everyone else involved in this sad story looks more and more like a bunch of amateurish entrepreneurs that are trying to make a buck out of people's hopes.

I really like to think that one day we might have a cheap source of energy to improve the quality of life of this world, but I strongly doubt that this source will come from Rossi or Defkalion.

If I am wrong I will only be happy.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

If Rossi is right, I will stand in front of him, given the opportunity, and ask him why he has made such an a$$ of himself in the process.

I will not apologize for my scepticism. That would be like like asking me to apologize for my vote after an election where my candidate lost.

If anything, if Rossi is right, he should apologize to everyone for making things so unneccessarily complicated and painful.

I still do not think he has a viable device. At one point, I was inclined to think he may, but his continued actions since then have pushed me to the not.

Like Giorgio, if I am wrong, I will be happy about it.