10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

ladajo wrote:Here is one of Rossi's latest:

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.c ... ent-439857
Rosemary Ainslie
December 5th, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Dear Andrea,

I have been busy on my own projects and have lost touch with your development. Could I impose on you to tell us where you are with your development? Do you envisage that any version of the E-Cat will be up and running in the near future? I believe you saw late 2012 – early 2013 as being on the table? Or is this time line extended a little?

Kindest regards
Rosemary Ainslie
Andrea Rossi
December 6th, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Dear Rosemary Ainslie:
We are on our way to respect the scheduling we already anticipated.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
So what happened to the Secret Customers who have already been delivered? The Secret Military? The Other Secret who will eventually allow public access? If Rossi has indeed scheduled and delivered X number of ECats to Y number of customers per part of his schedule, in what way does this constitute a contradiction. In your zeal to prove him a liar you are getting sloppier all the time.

You would think that over a year has been long enough to get a purchased "tested and accepted" machine delivered and operating. Especially one that comes pre-packaged in a shipping container. And you think he hasn't why?

Rossi is full of shit.
Ladajo is full of hand waving. Rossi has been convicted of something.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

You are looking like an ass on this.

You seriously attempt to word lawyer this to the degree you have noted above and think you are being rational?

I am done with any of your further comments on this thread.

I will not re-post past information that you repeatedly ask for over and over. The evidence is there, go find it yourself and please stop making yourself look like a high and mighty ass. I think more of you than that.

Rossi is a fraud and liar, and you know it.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

I'll toss something into the sour mix brewing in this pot.

http://www.e-catworld.com/2012/12/repor ... xperiment/

"Toyota replicates Mitsubishi LENR transmutation experiment"

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I saw that earlier today, but have not yet follwed it up. It does look interesting, but my first take is that I think it is for very low power levels and more focused on the transmutation aspect. But I have not dug deeper than a surface look. I do recall that his came up before here in some context.
Thanks for posting the link though.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

For those really interested in Rossiantics, here is a past post made here quoting him:
viewtopic.php?p=68607#68607
Erik Ander
August 23rd, 2011 at 1:23 AM Best mr Rossi!
Sorry if you have answered this before.
But i wonder about the gamma-radiation in the
e-cat. is it or is it not any gamma-radiation
from the reactor?
and if no, why you need lead and boron?

Best regards! ErikAndrea Rossi
August 23rd, 2011 at 9:52 AM
Dear Erik Ander:
We produce gamma rays, and our energy comes from their thermalization.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
Oh look, another lie:
http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.c ... 1#comments
Andrea Rossi
August 18th, 2011 at 5:43 AM
Dear Olaf Eriksen:
Since the E-Cats will hit the market, our Customers will test and use them. We will continue our R&D with the Universities of Bologna, Uppsala.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
viewtopic.php?p=68738#68738
However, the university had not signed a contract with Rossi at that time, and Rossi has yet to pay anything to the university, as Paolo Capiluppi, the head of the Department of Physics at the University of Bologna, told me in a phone call on June 24.
and:

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.c ... 7#comments
Piers D
September 9th, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Dear Mr Rossi,
I would like to congratulate all your team who have worked on bringing cold fusion from the lab to industrial and commercial reality. It seems so many years ago that Fleishman and Pons first introduced the concept to the wider global audience.
I have two questions that you might wish to answer:
Have fully working E-Cats been provided to the Bologna and Uppsala Universities for research and testing?
• Do you have any prospective European or Asian partners that will license the E-Cat technology for commercial production?
Yours sincerely
Piers Dickinson

Andrea Rossi
September 9th, 2011 at 11:28 AM
Dear Piers D:
1- yes 2- yes
Warm regards,
A.R.
oh, and another right after it:
Andrea Rossi
August 18th, 2011 at 5:40 AM
Dear Greven Grevesson:
Since the 1 MW plant has been sold, it is property of our Customer, who is free to make all the tests he wants.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
This is the same one that never left the Bologna garage (is probably still there as it was since at least when last seen July 2012) and more importantly, was not actually "sold" until the Secret Colonel Engineer tested and signed "accepted" for the Secret Military Customer in October 2011. But what does that matter? Especially when in on December 6, 2012 Rossi answers a question about when Ecats will be operating, and does not take the chance to say, "they already are", and instead seems to state that they will be per the established plan. Would it not invalidate his entire position that Customers are King and They will decide if Ecat is real or not, when he "sold" one as of August 2011(more like October 2011 if true), and by December 2012, he is not saying, "Our Customer has his 1MW and it is great, so much so that he bought 14". Oh, wait, I think he might have said that, but then later changed it.

So why not say it again?

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Carl White wrote:I'll toss something into the sour mix brewing in this pot.

http://www.e-catworld.com/2012/12/repor ... xperiment/

"Toyota replicates Mitsubishi LENR transmutation experiment"
Really not a ECAT
Researchers from Toyota Central Research and Development Laboratories performed an independent replication of a Mitsubishi low-energy nuclear reaction transmutation experiment, according to a physicist from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries speaking at the American Nuclear Society LENR session on Nov. 14 in San Diego, Calif.

The physicist, Yasuhiro Iwamura, told the ANS audience that the Toyota researchers confirmed that nuclear changes from one element to another took place without the use of high-energy nuclear physics. Most scientists who have not followed this field closely consider such profound claims inconceivable. Toyota used a LENR deuterium-permeation transmutation method that Iwamura invented.

Iwamura has been working with this LENR method for 14 years. He said that one of his LENR transmutations was closely but not identically replicated by Toyota. Osaka University and Iwate University previously reported similar replications.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/sr/RossiEC ... ndex.shtml
and of course there is always this...

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Red... Sigh.
ladajo wrote:For those really interested in Rossiantics, here is a past post made here quoting him:
Erik Ander
from the reactor?

Dear Erik Ander:
Warm Regards,
A.R.
So where is the issue? This is what he has said as far as I remember. Note I said what HE said, not what someone else said he said.

Oh look, another lie:
Andrea Rossi
Dear Olaf Eriksen:
Since the E-Cats will hit the market, our Customers will test and use them. We will continue our R&D with the Universities of Bologna, Uppsala.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
However, the university had not signed a contract with Rossi at that time, and Rossi has yet to pay anything to the university, as Paolo Capiluppi, the head of the Department of Physics at the University of Bologna, told me in a phone call on June 24.
Where precisely is the lie? Note the tense "will continue", as in not yet but in the future. A similar statement, "I am eating my dinner, but when you come over I will continue eating my dinner with you". Just because you don't come over doesn't make me a liar. It merely seems his vision of the future may have been cloudy.

and:

Piers D
Dear Mr Rossi,
I would like to congratulate all your team who have worked on bringing cold fusion from the lab to industrial and commercial reality. It seems so many years ago that Fleishman and Pons first introduced the concept to the wider global audience.
Have fully working E-Cats been provided to the Bologna and Uppsala Universities for research and testing?
• Do you have any prospective European or Asian partners that will license the E-Cat technology for commercial production?
Yours sincerely
Piers Dickinson

Andrea Rossi
Dear Piers D:
1- yes 2- yes
Warm regards,
A.R.
And the lie is? Do you know that he HAD NOT PROVIDED ECats to the two institutions? Evidence please. Not hear-say, evidence.

Andrea Rossi
Dear Greven Grevesson:
Since the 1 MW plant has been sold, it is property of our Customer, who is free to make all the tests he wants.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
And?

This is the same one that never left the Bologna garage (is probably still there as it was since at least when last seen July 2012) This is before the contract delivery date. This merely states that it had been sold, not delivered. How is the a lie? Do you have evidence that it had NOT been sold?

and more importantly, was not actually "sold" until the Secret Colonel Engineer tested and signed "accepted" for the Secret Military Customer in October 2011. Most big ticket items have inspection/performance reviews before acceptance, doesn't mean they aren't considered "sold". If you buy a specialty car, the company has sold it to you. If the subsequently deliver you a lemon, you can refuse to accept it. Nonetheless they had sold it to you. No lie there.

But what does that matter? Especially when in on December 6, 2012 Rossi answers a question about when Ecats will be operating, and does not take the chance to say, "they already are", and instead seems to state that they will be per the established plan. I presume this relates to your post of 4:20 today? If so, I find it a bit disturbing how readily you look at part of a question when criticizing the answer. After the preamble, the question asked effectively "are you going to need to draw out the schedule?" His answer, no, our schedule is on track. He answered the gist of the question. You claim he lied because he didn't answer the preamble. Truly disturbing. I know you are smarter than this. Why not on this issue?

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

KitemanSA wrote:Red... Sigh.
ladajo wrote:For those really interested in Rossiantics, here is a past post made here quoting him:

When you pile bullshit so very high, even with extra-strong deodorant squirted over, it still stinks to high heaven as much as direct lying.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

tomclarke wrote:

When you pile bullshit so very high, even with extra-strong deodorant squirted over, it still stinks to high heaven as much as direct lying.
You are entitled to your opinion.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Celani's cell did NOT vary with pressure!

http://www.quantumheat.org/index.php/fo ... hat-effect

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Celani's cell did NOT vary with pressure!
Says he...
We will see how this experiment goes on and whether they will be able to conclusively produce actual excess energy.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Erik Ander
from the reactor?

Dear Erik Ander:
Warm Regards,
A.R.
So where is the issue? This is what he has said as far as I remember. Note I said what HE said, not what someone else said he said.

Oh look, another lie:
Andrea Rossi
Dear Olaf Eriksen:
Warm Regards,
A.R.
Where precisely is the lie? Note the tense "will continue", as in not yet but in the future. A similar statement, "I am eating my dinner, but when you come over I will continue eating my dinner with you". Just because you don't come over doesn't make me a liar. It merely seems his vision of the future may have been cloudy.

and:

Piers D
Dear Mr Rossi,
Yours sincerely
Piers Dickinson

Andrea Rossi
Dear Piers D:
1- yes 2- yes
Warm regards,
A.R.
And the lie is? Do you know that he HAD NOT PROVIDED ECats to the two institutions? Evidence please. Not hear-say, evidence.

Andrea Rossi
Dear Greven Grevesson:
Warm Regards,
A.R.
And?

This is the same one that never left the Bologna garage (is probably still there as it was since at least when last seen July 2012) This is before the contract delivery date. This merely states that it had been sold, not delivered. How is the a lie? Do you have evidence that it had NOT been sold?

and more importantly, was not actually "sold" until the Secret Colonel Engineer tested and signed "accepted" for the Secret Military Customer in October 2011. Most big ticket items have inspection/performance reviews before acceptance, doesn't mean they aren't considered "sold". If you buy a specialty car, the company has sold it to you. If the subsequently deliver you a lemon, you can refuse to accept it. Nonetheless they had sold it to you. No lie there.

But what does that matter? Especially when in on December 6, 2012 Rossi answers a question about when Ecats will be operating, and does not take the chance to say, "they already are", and instead seems to state that they will be per the established plan. I presume this relates to your post of 4:20 today? If so, I find it a bit disturbing how readily you look at part of a question when criticizing the answer. After the preamble, the question asked effectively "are you going to need to draw out the schedule?" His answer, no, our schedule is on track. He answered the gist of the question. You claim he lied because he didn't answer the preamble. Truly disturbing. I know you are smarter than this. Why not on this issue?
Where is lie?
Simple: machine producing any type of radiation can not be sold without certification.
One more lie is when he claims that produces energy exceeding chemical reaction's energy. Here often Kulander's name is mentioned as "independent third party". But somewhere I've read that Kulander was not sure how steam flow was measured - by mass or by volume. And also he did not know how steam's humidity was measured. It would be much better for Rossi to set up the proper experiment instead of use of names of credulous people like Kulander or Josefson.
As setting up of proper experiment for his 5 or 10 kW machine is a middle school grade task.
How many years lasts Rossi's saga? Nevertheless he did nothing really useful and promising - only mutually exclusive claims like we produce radiation, we do not produce radiation, there in device transmutation observed, then appeared that there is not transmutation, we sold, we did not sold, steam was absolutely dry - but on question how much steam and how you measure the answer was "Snakes".
He is pity and unworthy to attention.

PS: telephone interview with Kulander http://blog.newenergytimes.com/2011/06/ ... kullander/
Krivit: Do you know if the steam dryness was measured by volume or by mass?
Kullander: I think it was measured by volume but I’m not sure.
Where is "trust worthy third party"?

PS #2: what does mean: "We produce gamma rays, and our energy comes from their thermalization."? What is "thermalization of gamma rays"?
Release of heat as result of their absorption by shielding wall material?

parallel

Post by parallel »

The intellectual embarrassment is tattooed to the naysayers forever

"What is one to make of all this? The first major point is academia has utterly let the world down. Now that LENR obviously functions there are almost no experimental experts available or organized training underway. The world economy is completely out of the loop, so far. The second is governments worldwide have set up a patent barrier, which is still in place that keeps the potential dowsed down. Only the very brave and eccentric have ventured out with Andrea Rossi leading the way."

ref http://newenergyandfuel.com/http:/newen ... ld-fusion/

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Now that LENR obviously functions
I still havent seen any conclusive 3rd party replication.