10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I just received an e-Mail from a friend with this link:
http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@es ... 56120.html

"Aussie Guy E-Cat" has offered Rossi to put money in an escrow account for a 100 Kw reactor.
I will send him an e-mail offering him my free support and help for the testing once in Italy.
This could evolve into an interesting story.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Giorgio wrote:I just received an e-Mail from a friend with this link:
http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@es ... 56120.html

"Aussie Guy E-Cat" has offered Rossi to put money in an escrow account for a 100 Kw reactor.
I will send him an e-mail offering him my free support and help for the testing once in Italy.
This could evolve into an interesting story.
I very much doubt if Rossi will go for it. I bet he will say he is only selling 1MW plants at present and that production is booked for several months on those. Some have suggested the "1MW only" strategy is a way for Rossi to be better able to keep track of his reactors and therefore protect them from reverse engineers (which it sounds like "Aussie Guy E-Cat" may be.

I sincerly hope I am wrong as I would love to see you get your hands on one and do some credible testing/reporting.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

For the electrical input measurements I am ready to bring there a truckload of equipment if necessary and what I do not have I can easily borrow.

For the thermal side it will be a simple circular insulated container of 1000 Lt net capacity with an heat exchanger and a low speed impeller to avoid stratification and keep uniform temperature inside. Fitted inside I will place six to twelve temperature probes placed so as to give the real temperature profile of the water from bottom to top and from side to middle. That's all I need.

With such a set up I can measure a Cop of 1.1, a COP of 6 should be immediately visible as soon as the reactor starts up.

polyill

Post by polyill »

Burt Rutan wrote:For decades, as a professional experimental test engineer, I have analyzed experimental data and watched others massage and present data. I became a cynic; My conclusion – “if someone is aggressively selling a technical product whose merits are dependent on complex experimental data, he is likely lying”. That is true whether the product is an airplane or a Carbon Credit.
:!:

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

polyill wrote:
Burt Rutan wrote:For decades, as a professional experimental test engineer, I have analyzed experimental data and watched others massage and present data. I became a cynic; My conclusion – “if someone is aggressively selling a technical product whose merits are dependent on complex experimental data, he is likely lying”. That is true whether the product is an airplane or a Carbon Credit.
:!:
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/08/16/b ... e-skeptic/
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Tech

Post by Tech »

http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/11/defkal ... -call.html

Defkalion claims to have what they call final energy catalyzer products to be revealed in 15 days

Defkalion not only continued our [energy catalyzer] program but we are almost ready, with technology that is ahead of Rossi during a year. Specifically, within the next 15 days there will be announcements and initiated testing and certification by independent third parties. We will present the final product - not just a laboratory prototype - with all its subsystems to operate according to European safety standards. "

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Rossis credibility just lowered itself to 20% in my eyes. I think Defkalion is a scam. If they are a scam, I am pretty sure Rossi is too.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Meantime I got a reply from "Aussie Guy E-Cat" to my offer of assistance:
Thanks for the offer. If Rossi accepts our order I'll be in contact.

AG

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

More on the latest Dekfalion claims/promises (Google Translation):

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... d%3D430840

(This looks like the full Greek story from which Next Big Future extracted their piece linked by Tech above.)

seedload

Post by seedload »

I would like to take a second to apologize for my previous post regarding the dissociation of water. I had believed that water had to be in the gamma ray flux of this device. But, I stand corrected.

Water is not in the gamma ray flux according to Mr. Rossi on his blog.

Clearly the lead shielding must be between the 'core' and the water flowing around it.

If MSimon's calculations are correct, then there would need to be a lot of lead between the core and the water. All of the heat from the core would be efficiently passed through that lead to continuously heat the flowing water. Thankfully, lead is such a good thermal conductor. Oh, hey, wait a second...
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

I wrote:
MSimon wrote:The 1/10 thickness (lead) for 350 KeV gammas is 1 cm. I leave it to you to provide the rest of the numbers.

You won't like the results.

1 ev = 1.60217646 × 10-19 joules

1000 w/(350,000 *1.6e-19)= 17,857,142,857,142,857 gammas a second.

say 1.79e18 gammas a second let us say we spread that over 1 m^ for convenience. So you have 1.8 e14 gammas a second Ans want to reduce it to 1 gamma/cm^2/second.

About 14 cm of lead should do it. So it is 10,000 *14 cc. 140,000 ccs. Density of lead is 11.3 g/cc. = 1,582 Kg. A little over a metric ton and a half. Doable. Even if it goes to 50% more than that. Higher energies will require more shielding as shielding effectiveness goes down with increasing energy. If most of your photons are above 1 MeV - weight problems.
From what I can find quickly wrt gamma shielding, your post above suggests that the frequency of the radiation does NOT matter in the halving distance. Is that what you are saying? Would the same power of 6MeV gamma require the same thickness as 350keV? Is that what you are saying?
Where does it stop, frequency wise?
Michael Lee?

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Skipjack wrote:Rossis credibility just lowered itself to 20% in my eyes. I think Defkalion is a scam. If they are a scam, I am pretty sure Rossi is too.
Ok, say they're a scam. How many Hyperions that don't work do you figure they can sell before they have to fly by night?

Maybe one or two?

GerardFianen

Post by GerardFianen »

Just in case there is anybody who feels there is even the slightest probability left that the ecat is a real and professional offering...

This is one of the new European official resellers / partners of Mr. Roissi :

http://www.transaltec.ch/facma/design.php?design=2

http://www.transaltec.ch/facma/view.php?view=Produkte

I just wonder why anyone should buy an ecat there.. if he can have a 3MW or more free electricity plant for just a bit more.. :-)

Anyway a very 'strange choice of sales partner' to build credibility for your product...

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Aussie guy has been turned down! Andrea says he will only sell 1MW units.

The Defkalion product should be interesting.

Rossi futures trending negative on light volume, pending Rossi's next customer and their level of mysteriousness...
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Carl White wrote:
Skipjack wrote:Rossis credibility just lowered itself to 20% in my eyes. I think Defkalion is a scam. If they are a scam, I am pretty sure Rossi is too.
Ok, say they're a scam. How many Hyperions that don't work do you figure they can sell before they have to fly by night?

Maybe one or two?
Good question. How's BLP doing these days, I wonder? Not much news anymore...
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...