10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Personally, my bottom line is that I firmly believe that only Rossi knows what Rossi is doing. And even that may be a little suspect at times.

It sure is fun to watch though. Krivit's latest is damming Mats Lewan and outing that Lewan knew there were steam issues with Rossi's "Demos" when he filmed them.

Apparently there is also some video in Sweden being argued over that allegedly catches Lewan asking Rossi for steam, as it was not coming out, to which Rossi then <apparently> turned on/up the heaters, and low and behold, out comes steam...

http://blog.newenergytimes.com/2012/03/ ... ewan-knew/

Not much lately out of the Rossibots here...I have to wonder if rational doubt is finally setting in and displacing the religion.

As the Rossiworld Turns. Good fun.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

ladajo wrote:Personally, my bottom line is that I firmly believe that only Rossi knows what Rossi is doing. And even that may be a little suspect at times.
I suspect that is an accurate statement.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

parallel wrote:
Andrea Rossi: We are very close to completing a 1MW plant in the US which will soon be opened to the public.
That's good news, depending on what Rossi's definition of "soon" is, whether the plant will be operating or functioning as a museum piece, and what he means by "the public". I hope it turns out to be a more conclusive demonstration than his last one.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Rossi's comments don't seem that obscure to me.

He is manufacturing the 1MW plant components in Italy and will ship them to the US. He doesn't need a UL stamp for that.

He is building an automated plant to make the domestic E-Cats in the US. It is not complete yet so he can say he doesn't have a factory here.

Wait until later this year and then you will see one way or the other. Going on about protecting naive investors is pathetic. I'm waiting for someone to spell out how it is possible for an ordinary individual to invest in Leonardo Corp. Institutional investors is another matter. Presumably they would check first or not remain in business long.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Pathetic SNAKES!

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

parallel wrote:Wait until later this year and then you will see one way or the other.
Maybe.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

FWIW, Sterling Allan (PESN) and Mark Dansie (Australian Skeptic) both breifly mention hearing news of very positive results from DGT testing. Allan also mentions NASA as one of the testing groups. Allan seems to think results will be published in late April. Dansie (ever the skeptic) wants to see the data (as do we all) but has told me before that his sources are competent and independant.

Here is the tape of the show (Allan's comments are at around 0:07:50 and Dansie at 1:31:00):

http://www.youtube.com/user/SmartScarecrow

seedload

Post by seedload »

Kahuna wrote:FWIW, Sterling Allan (PESN) and Mark Dansie (Australian Skeptic) both breifly mention hearing news of very positive results from DGT testing. Allan also mentions NASA as one of the testing groups. Allan seems to think results will be published in late April. Dansie (ever the skeptic) wants to see the data (as do we all) but has told me before that his sources are competent and independant.

Here is the tape of the show (Allan's comments are at around 0:07:50 and Dansie at 1:31:00):

http://www.youtube.com/user/SmartScarecrow
Wow, great 'news'!

Plus the Australian 'Skeptic' Mark Dansie follows up by mentioning his excitement over the pollution free electrolyzer that requires no electricity and produces enough hydrogen for 3 cents/KWH electrical production.

F Rossi, bring on the nearly free hydrogen, baby!
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

WizWom

Post by WizWom »

http://www.e-catworld.com/2012/04/whispers-from-italy/
I know other entrepreneurs without adequate funding: it is VERY hard in this climate to get venture capital.
Wandering Kernel of Happiness

seedload

Post by seedload »

WizWom wrote:http://www.e-catworld.com/2012/04/whispers-from-italy/
I know other entrepreneurs without adequate funding: it is VERY hard in this climate to get venture capital.
Really? Man comes up with working, limitless, and radiation free fusion energy from cheap and abundant nickel and hydrogen and it's the economic climate that is holding him back from getting funding?

My guess is that the key to world salvation would be able to get funding, even in this economy, if Rossi would bother to let anyone actually evaluate the thing.

... just sayin'.
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

seedload wrote:
WizWom wrote:http://www.e-catworld.com/2012/04/whispers-from-italy/
Really? Man comes up with working, limitless, and radiation free fusion energy from cheap and abundant nickel and hydrogen and it's the economic climate that is holding him back from getting funding?

My guess is that the key to world salvation would be able to get funding, even in this economy, if Rossi would bother to let anyone actually evaluate the thing.

... just sayin'.
It must be his flawed business plan. You see, if he concentrated on getting just one e-cat working convincingly he could make money from it (a "see the e-cat" theme park perhaps?) to support other stuff. But no, he has to try to roll out millions of the things... I'm surprised his financial advisors have not pointed this out.

parallel

Post by parallel »

It must be his flawed business plan. You see, if he concentrated on getting just one e-cat working convincingly he could make money from it (a "see the e-cat" theme park perhaps?) to support other stuff. But no, he has to try to roll out millions of the things... I'm surprised his financial advisors have not pointed this out.
Strangely enough he has demonstrated several working E-Cats. You don't believe him and apparently would doubt even a university replication as you don't believe LENR is more than instrument error. Someone as pathologically skeptical as you would not believe cold fusion unless you did the experiment yourself.

If Rossi did what you suggest he would simply encourage myriads of competitors and make less money. His scheme to make a million cheap domestic E-Cats/year sounds a good idea to me.
Heck you can buy a 1MW E-Cat now and not pay until after you tested it. You say money should be easy to come by with proof so what is holding you back?

One real problem is the US Patent Office not granting patents for anything to do with cold fusion. This will certainly lead to a legal mess and probably slow the commercial development.

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

parallel wrote:
Strangely enough he has demonstrated several working E-Cats. You don't believe him and apparently would doubt even a university replication as you don't believe LENR is more than instrument error. Someone as pathologically skeptical as you would not believe cold fusion unless you did the experiment yourself.

If Rossi did what you suggest he would simply encourage myriads of competitors and make less money. His scheme to make a million cheap domestic E-Cats/year sounds a good idea to me.
Heck you can buy a 1MW E-Cat now and not pay until after you tested it. You say money should be easy to come by with proof so what is holding you back?

One real problem is the US Patent Office not granting patents for anything to do with cold fusion. This will certainly lead to a legal mess and probably slow the commercial development.
>Someone as pathologically skeptical as you would not believe
>cold fusion unless you did the experiment yourself.

If LENR is for real it will be trivial to test buying lenr-heater from Home Depot. What the difference it makes if some skeptics may live-through some unpleasant moments - no difference at all...

>One real problem is the US Patent Office not granting patents
>for anything to do with cold fusion.

The main problem with US Patent Office is that it's a retreat for mediocrecy... it may be tricked but requires a lot of efforts & special skill.

cgray45

Post by cgray45 »

parallel wrote: Strangely enough he has demonstrated several working E-Cats. You don't believe him and apparently would doubt even a university replication as you don't believe LENR is more than instrument error. Someone as pathologically skeptical as you would not believe cold fusion unless you did the experiment yourself.
No. No he hasn't. He's had several dog and pony shows where, surprise, surprise, nobody else was allowed to even check the instruments, and where "1 MW" generators produced steam more in line with what one gets from a teakettle.
He has, of course had the opportunity to have his units tested, by NASA and the University of Bologna...but surprise, surprise, he ensured that such tests never took place, demanding money from NASA and refusing to fulfill his contractual obligations for the Bologna test-- like all scammers and fraudsters, he generated publicity and then did a skip when the moment approached when the magic box might actually be viewed in a lab where he can't control all the input.
This is the one being produced by his secret robot factory located somewhere in the wilds of the everglades, right? It's rather hard for us to keep track of all of his "factory" claims since they oddly never seem to materialize.
Except so far, we haven't seen one, single, E-cat. Not one. It seems like either the entire planet is refusing to pay, or, and here's that great scientific tool, Occam's razor, that none have been bought, because none exist. [/quote]
A working model has always been the key to proving a new energy source, and in fact is one of the easiest and best ways to help push through an application. THe fact that no such working model has at any point been presented, is rather telling-- I mean, since we ahve that robot factory in the ever glades.

I'm sorry. Tinkerbell won't come back because we clap, Santa Claus was mom and dad, and Rossi is a fraud or an example of pathalogical science. Given his involvement with the DOD and the thermoelectric generator fiasco and his Petroldragon mess, I'm inclined towards the former.
Check out my blog-- not just about fusion, but anything that attracts this 40 something historians interest.

parallel

Post by parallel »

cgray wrote:
where "1 MW" generators produced steam more in line with what one gets from a teakettle.
It ran for 5.5 hours producing 479 kW, while in self-looped mode.
Seems you use a larger tea kettle than most of us.