10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote: So, one more “secret”. To secret souse,
So who is this secret drunkard?
If you about wrongly written word - me, if not - not me.
I think he must be referring to Schrodinger's Ale. A fine spirit, but you never know whether you're drunk until you've finished the bottle, and then you're not sure whether you exist.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Joseph Chikva wrote: There is no any customer, there is no any excess heat. Discussion has only theoretical feature. Have you bought any industrial equipment from yourself? Such as chiller, boiler, diesel-generator, machine tool? Tested? Or you think that "test" is pushing button "on" two times?
Again, what has this to do with anything?

If there is no customer, of course there will be no test. So what?

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Joseph Chikva wrote: At least even with my bad English I successfully busted so popular here for good speaking guys myth about kiloton or multiton explosion in TOKAMAKs or inductive energy storages.
Not sure what you THINK you have busted. Saying the same nonsense repeatedly til someone gets tired of reading you only busts patience, not statements.
You stated that a large superconductive coil couldn't release its energy in an explosive manner because "the field couldn't collapse fast enough" or some such dibble. When you were asked a simple question, "how fast CAN it collapse" you stated you didn't know. Why should I listen to anything you have to say on the issue after that? Kaboom, your credibility is busted!
Joseph Chikva wrote: Language is not more than tool for expressing thought. I do not understand people discussing quantum theory conjecturing something in that field but not knowing e.g. differential equations or even classic mechanics and magnetism at medium school level.
I don't understand people who make absolute judgements ("no excess heat" for instance) on no data. Me, I try to find data before I make a judgement, so far, none. Do you have any?

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

TallDave wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote: So, one more “secret”. To secret souse,
So who is this secret drunkard?
Didn't Alan quote someone's tag saying 500 shots would have made him drunk by now?
Yeah, but that would be Park's secret souse, not Rossi's! :wink:

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

TallDave wrote: I think he must be referring to Schrodinger's Ale. A fine spirit, but you never know whether you're drunk until you've finished the bottle, and then you're not sure whether you exist.
I gotta find me some o that!

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

KitemanSA wrote:You stated that a large superconductive coil couldn't release its energy in an explosive manner because "the field couldn't collapse fast enough" or some such dibble. When you were asked a simple question, "how fast CAN it collapse" you stated you didn't know. Why should I listen to anything you have to say on the issue after that?
Yes, you should nothing. But yesterday I quoted ITERs coils projected parameters in which you can see that superconducting condition failure is calculated too. Also I never stated that
large superconductive coil couldn't release its energy in an explosive manner
but only said that in case of properly design. This statement and that you are attempting to attribute me are not the same. Even lighter can explode in your hands in case of wrong utilization. Nobody can know energy release time not knowing parameters of circuit. But very large inductance can not release energy so fast than smaller one. In any case that on a few order on magnitude longer than explosion of high explosive.
And I need not your judgment. Relax. And need not to look in your eyes as expert. As in comparison with you I am big expert. As on my side the logic and some knowledge (rather weak I think but enough to make some statements I afford). On your side only the wrong statement of another man and absence of ability to see from critical side of view.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

TallDave wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:
KitemanSA wrote: So who is this secret drunkard?
I think he must be referring to Schrodinger's Ale. A fine spirit, but you never know whether you're drunk until you've finished the bottle, and then you're not sure whether you exist.
Not Schrodinger. When people for example do not know that unidirectional currents attract each other Schrodinger for them is like Kabala for me: unattainable and not clear, but I can take in my hands and even to quote but casually and randomly. Conjecturing.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Kabala?

Should I open a thread for a discourse on the Tree of Life and Hebrew Numerology? Lots to argue about of no practical consequence. A definite step up from the current rancor.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

MSimon wrote:Kabala?

Should I open a thread for a discourse on the Tree of Life and Hebrew Numerology? Lots to argue about of no practical consequence. A definite step up from the current rancor.
Kabala is only example of something uncertain. People not knowing basic things can not go in depth of quantum physics. Yes, they also can take quantum physics handbook but with the same result if I will start learning Kabala. Or will start searching tree of life.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Joseph,

I appreciate your point. I was joking. Sort of. I once had an interest in the occult and studied that stuff for years. Along with normal technical subjects.

I can correlate it to Chakras too if you like. More uncertainty. Most amusing.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

KitemanSA wrote:What are you all arguing about? You both SEEM to be under the impression that folks wil be buying units without tests of said units. Where in the world did you get that impression?
stefanbanev wrote: "Exactly, nobody (besides total idiots) will buy without testing; it's the major difference of e-cat from investing in R&D bucked only by theory; no surprise these guys are so pissed off..."

I'm curious how you managed to get such impression? It's a rhetoric question, no need to reply...

deane

Post by deane »

So at this time, I would gather that their contract should not be construed as a validation or confirmation of the E-Cat science, but a signal of NI's willingness to help Rossi develop the technology into an even more robust embodiment, to help increase its operational stability, reliability, safety; while lowering its price point.
Say what? I would construe it as a willingness on NI's part to sell their equipment and services to anyone willing to pay for them. Nothing more.

deane

Post by deane »

MSimon wrote:
NI never sell to Rossi if he thought that the E-Cat was a hoax.
I. Do. Not. Believe. That. For. A. Femtosecond.

How in the heck is NI going to check that Rossi's device works? Bring over a bunch of engineers and test it? Before selling him a few K$ worth of hardware/software?

Absolutely fun to watch though. Faith can either move mountains or destroy reason.

So if Fiat sells Rossi a company car that is proof of Rossi's claims?
That would be like thinking that a reputable firm like Arthur Anderson would risk its reputation by doing the audits for a fraudster like Enron.

Oh. Wait...

deane

Post by deane »

icarus wrote:Where oh where to buy a 1MegaWatt E-cat?

Why, on the web of course:

http://www.leonardo-ecat.com/fp/index.html
That is one ugly ass website. Why oh why don't people hire professionals to do their websites? I can understand individuals who do it themselves or get a friend to do it, but businesses should always go with a pro. They're not that expensive.

deane

Post by deane »

KitemanSA wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:
KitemanSA wrote: So who is this secret drunkard?
Look, I was raised overseas and know all sorts of ways to mangle English, but... what the F are you trying to say here dood?

I THINK you are trying to be funny, but I lost you in there somewhere!
He's saying that if you are talking about the misspelled word then he must be the drunkard (for having misspelled it). But if you're talking about something else, then he's not the drunkard you're asking about.

So yes, he was being funny. I know I smiled.