10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

icarus wrote:Yet here they are bashing a guy who has the guts to come out and say what he is doing ...
Hasn't. It's only after someone writes him a check for the privilege of seeing inside his black box.

And why are people like Parallel hanging on every word and breath from Rossi? None of it means anything worthwhile till the experiment's done properly and independently.

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

KitemanSA wrote:EXCUSE ME FOLKS

Assuming this this is actually working (which I am not ready to accept yet) all the chatter about "ONLY" 470kW is disengenuous.

Rossi claimed he would provide 1MW with a certain amount of input. What got reported was 470 with ZERO input. What was its output with nominal input? Could it be "1MW out with 200kW in" or "470 out with zero in" or some variation on that theme. So far, still no real data.
"Sure there's data" :lol:
Last edited by sparkyy0007 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

icarus

Post by icarus »

Betruger wrote:
icarus wrote:Yet here they are bashing a guy who has the guts to come out and say what he is doing ...
Hasn't. It's only after someone writes him a check for the privilege of seeing inside his black box.

And why are people like Parallel hanging on every word and breath from Rossi? None of it means anything worthwhile till the experiment's done properly and independently.
Just like Polywell ... when did anyone ever ask for independent experiments verifying rick's(what was his name?) data (that is not in the public domain)?

Everyone was hanging on rick's word ... you guys have just seen yourselves in the mirror and it isn't pretty.

Ask Art Carlson.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

icarus wrote:I suppose you haven't been around here long enough to know the full polywell story ... it is not as sweet smelling as you might be lead to believe. Ask the Navy guys what's really going on.

More footage from Bologna ...

http://youtu.be/uFiJb2UhzqY
Can you link me to some threads in the forum of pro-polywell peoples stating it works?

polyill

Post by polyill »

If you call me an unconvinceable sceptic now, then you should remember that I used to be 90% sure that this was not working/fraud/self delusion until the recent test.
So yeah, if he really is a fraud, the he deserves all the money he is getting out of it for being that good!
A lack of modesty on honorable Skipjack's part is understandable, we are all excited here, some even to an extent of loosing all traces of proportion and sense, talking about a revolution with others just hammered into the infantile stupidity of finger-pointing. MSimon himself bothered a considerable amount of attention to a damned thread.

Gentlemen, keep yer hats on for at least a week, you'll need them later...
The piss storm is coming...

xevioso

At wht point

Post by xevioso »

AT what point does the mainstream media actually start to report on this? It may be the case that the single AP reporter writes this up, submits it to the New York Times or something and we wake up tomorrow morning with a massive front page story that changes everything...or it might leak out slowly until more verification is done. I'm just wondering what the tipping point for large amounts of news stories on this is.

ScottL

Re: At wht point

Post by ScottL »

xevioso wrote:AT what point does the mainstream media actually start to report on this? It may be the case that the single AP reporter writes this up, submits it to the New York Times or something and we wake up tomorrow morning with a massive front page story that changes everything...or it might leak out slowly until more verification is done. I'm just wondering what the tipping point for large amounts of news stories on this is.
They'll wait until some independent verification has been completed most likely. When that will happen is anyone's guess.

jcoady

draft report

Post by jcoady »

Andrea Rossi
October 28th, 2011 at 5:33 PM
HERE IS THE DRAFT OF REPORT OF THE 1 MW E-CAT TEST of October 28th
http://db.tt/wu4OLbgk
PLEASE EXCUSE US FOR THE EVIDENT TYPOS, BUT IT IS PARTIALLY HANDWRITTEN AFTER MIDNIGHT FROM VERY TIRED PERSONS.
WARM REGARDS,
ANDREA ROSSI

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.c ... ent-105421

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

icarus wrote:
Betruger wrote:

Just like Polywell ... when did anyone ever ask for independent experiments verifying rick's(what was his name?) data (that is not in the public domain)?

Everyone was hanging on rick's word ... you guys have just seen yourselves in the mirror and it isn't pretty.

Ask Art Carlson.
Uh huh. Now we're comparing Andrea Rossi and people like Hirsch.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

hmmmm
So far so good.
I wished the table had the input power to the reactor listed next to each datapoint.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Oops. I see it was posted already.

Rough draft of the test report

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Andrea Rossi
October 28th, 2011 at 5:33 PM
HERE IS THE DRAFT OF REPORT OF THE 1 MW E-CAT TEST of October 28th
PLEASE EXCUSE US FOR THE EVIDENT TYPOS, BUT IT IS PARTIALLY HANDWRITTEN AFTER MIDNIGHT FROM VERY TIRED PERSONS.
WARM REGARDS,
ANDREA ROSSI
Looked over the report, looks like self-sustained started ~13:23 and went until 18:31, so ~5hrs although the last hour the temperature was declining, so roughly 4hrs of operation and a question 5th hour. I feel as though based on the rough report we really just got the same results as the last time and more fuel for the debate fire since the last hour was seeing a gradual temperature decrease.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Betruger wrote:

You mean like the Mac or the iPod or the iPhone was?
Come to think of it, just about everything you buy.
Perhaps Betruger is a hot fusion guy. Oh this is Polywell isn't it: I forgot.

xevioso

moe info here

Post by xevioso »

polyill

Post by polyill »

Who's "[strike]Colonel[/strike]-Engineer Domenico Fioravanti" anyway? Italian Army? Is that a fail on the part of the censor, or is just being highlighted? :?