10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Ivy Matt wrote:Paperburn1, although I was just teasing above, it might be a good idea to post this information somewhere else other than in the Rossi/LENR thread (part 2). For all we know, some people may be avoiding this thread because they they're not interested in following an extended debate on Rossi/LENR/the philosophy of science/etc.

Although, I suppose it's not entirely off topic:

http://www.n-plasma.com/index.html
Roger that.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

parallel wrote:Rossi says the reactors for the new 1 MW plant based on the Hot Cat could fit in a container of a cylinder 1.2 m diameter by 0.4 m long. Obviously plumbing and controls are extra, but this gives you an idea of how compact it could be.
I say that can build a supersonic crawler dozer. This gives you and idea of necessity to switch on your brain in skeptic mode. At least from time to time.

Post by 303 »

i'm convinced parallel is the RSS feed from rossi's dreams

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

"like"
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Axil

Post by Axil »

303 wrote:i'm convinced parallel is the RSS feed from rossi's dreams
For over a year “parallel”: one of the noblest and longsuffering members of our number has done yeomen’s work in tirelessly bringing us the latest in Rossi's breakthrough technologies, sage wisdoms, inspired utterances, and earthshaking news breaks. This altruistic devotion to the journalist’s ethos deserves our eternal thanks and gratitude.

But his task is not over; far from it. Having done much already, his mission is just beginning. Rossi is about to release a torrent of information and hitherto secret insights about his latest research.

We need data…data…how can we make bricks without clay.

I for one fervently hope that parallel has not been discouraged by the challenges inherent in reporting on these latest breakthroughs in today’s most promising area of cutting edge technology.

Parallel, I beseech you; you have done a great job so far, but the upcoming and historic gathering of Rossi’s customer base is scheduled to start on September 12, just a little over a week from now.

So use this upcoming week to gather your strength, rest and relax for this final push ahead. And gird your loins from the nattering nabobs of negativism which always emerged to discourage courageous men in their efforts toward advancing the ascent of humankind. This is your sacred duty from which you must not shrink. As a selfless truth-teller, you’ll need all your strength to endure the ninnyhammers that nip at your heels and toss slings and arrows of jealous recrimination.

So be of stout heart and burnish bright the shinning sword of truth. The battle is almost won, the end is in sight, the goal is at hand, ultimate vindication is within our grasp, the long and grueling race has been run and the finish line is just around the bend.

Parallel, do not relent at this decisive stage. We long suffering champions of fact and the guardians of knowledge humbly beseech you to persist just a little while longer in your noble quest to impartially report on the most transformative events that have unfolded in the annals of human wisdom since the dawn of organized science and indeed even unto the invention of fire.
Last edited by Axil on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

Jded

Post by Jded »

Axil wrote:
303 wrote:i'm convinced parallel is the RSS feed from rossi's dreams
For over a year “parallel”: one of the noblest and longsuffering members of our number has done yeomen’s work in tirelessly bringing us the latest in Rossi's breakthrough technologies, sage wisdoms, inspired utterances, and earthshaking news breaks. This altruistic devotion to the journalist’s ethos deserves our eternal thanks and gratitude.

But his task is not over; far from it. His mission is just beginning. Rossi is about to release a torrent of information and hitherto secret insights about his latest research.

We need data…data…how can we make bricks without clay.

I for one fervently hope that parallel has not been discouraged by the challenges inherent in reporting on these latest breakthroughs in today’s most promising area of cutting edge technology.

Parallel, I beseech you; you have done a great job so far, but the upcoming and historic gathering of Rossi’s customer base is scheduled to start on September 12, just a little over a week from now.

So use this upcoming week to gather your strength, rest and relax for this final push ahead. And gird your loins from the nattering nabobs of negativism which always emerged to discourage courageous men in their efforts toward advancing the accent of humankind. This is your sacred duty from which you must not shrink. As a selfless truth-teller, you’ll need all your strength to endure the ninnyhammers that nip at your heels and toss slings and arrows of jealous recrimination.

But the battle is almost won, the end is in sight, the goal is at hand, ultimate vindication is within our grasp, the long and grueling race has been run and the finish line is just around the bend.

We long suffering champions of truth humbly beseech you to persist just a little while longer in your noble quest to impartially report on the most transformative events that has unfolded in the annals of human knowledge since the dawn of organized science and indeed even unto the invention of fire.
Quite an elaborate joke, this year has been. Congrats.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Jded wrote:Quite an elaborate joke, this year has been. Congrats.
The joke will be on you, rookie.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Axil, why would you believe anyone who:

A) has no plausible theory
B) has repeatedly failed to demonstrate to credible examiners
C) paid for a bullshit sheepskin and a fraud farm
D) has not got the skills necessary for the work he's reportedly been doing these last few years

???

I think you want this to be true so bad you're willing to ignore the salient facts.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

parallel

Post by parallel »

GIThruster,
I guess you wouldn't believe The Lord Rutherford of Nelson either. His degree was from an unknown college in New Zealand (which according to the critics here means it doesn't count) and he just fiddled around with experiments in the lab to discover things for which he had no theory. He only developed the theory later after seeing the facts. You can't look for things without a peer reviewed theory first. Obviously new things discovered this way don't count and are fraudulent. Everyone who counts knows that new facts can only be discovered by American scientists in ivy league colleges, working on well trodden paths. You can see how well this works by looking at cancer research.

Teemu

Post by Teemu »

Not really the same, Rossi has only some kind of philosophy or history of science degree from a real university, his engineering degree was from a closed down diploma mill scam.

Does not compare with Rutherford. Wiki:

After gaining his BA, MA and BSc, and doing two years of research at the forefront of electrical technology, in 1895 Rutherford travelled to England for postgraduate study at the Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge (1895–1898),[9] and he briefly held the world record for the distance over which electromagnetic waves could be detected.

Teemu

Post by Teemu »

http://blog.newenergytimes.com/2011/11/ ... ssi-story/
Rossi is not a physicist. He earned a bachelor’s degree in 1973 in the philosophy of science and engineering from the University of Milan’s School of Philosophy.

In 1979, Rossi obtained a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from the University of Kensington, in California. That university was determined to be a diploma mill and was shut down by officials in California and Hawaii, according to CBS News.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Teemu has represented the issue correctly.

What I want to know is, why should anyone ever take the word of a person who would pay for a phony diploma, purchased specifically in order to misrepresent himself? Isn't it obvious we're here dealing with a man who is a deceitful person?
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Edison, America's most prolific inventor EVER had what, 3(?) years of schooling. Obviously he was a fraud.

The mill diploma COULD just mean he was poorly advised.

Seems the RATIONAL thing to do is to ignore him until he either proves something or just fades into to eather.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

KitemanSA wrote:Edison, America's most prolific inventor EVER had what, 3(?) years of schooling. Obviously he was a fraud.

That's nonsense. This has nothing to do with people who did not earn normal degrees throughout history. It is ONLY concerned with people who paid for fraudulent sheepskins they did not earn so they could pretend that they did. In all cases, people who did this are frauds and should under no conditions be trusted. Find us a single counter-example in all of history of someone defrauding others in this manner who had something worthwhile to shop around.

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

GIThruster wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:Edison, America's most prolific inventor EVER had what, 3(?) years of schooling. Obviously he was a fraud.

That's nonsense. This has nothing to do with people who did not earn normal degrees throughout history. It is ONLY concerned with people who paid for fraudulent sheepskins they did not earn so they could pretend that they did. In all cases, people who did this are frauds and should under no conditions be trusted. Find us a single counter-example in all of history of someone defrauding others in this manner who had something worthwhile to shop around.
Rossi apparently is not looking for the "trust"; all his public actions just scream "do not trust me!!". Indeed, the trust is totally unnecessary once the "device" is claimed to exist and available for testing before monetary commitment. His reluctance to satisfy "scientific curiosity" makes a perfect sense; what benefits he may gain? Nothing, just waste of energy and resources... The one who has invested in Rossi without a proper testing does deserve to lose his money. It is quite a different from the investments in R&D backed only by "viable theory" blessed by academia.