10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Ivy Matt wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:
Ivy Matt wrote:By now I think it should be obvious that Rossi doesn't have the slightest clue what sort of reaction is supposed to be taking place inside his E-Cat, but I might be wrong.
Concur!
Interesting. Are you agreeing with the "I might be wrong" part, or do you have some kind of conjecture percolating?
Both. :D

Oh, and that I suspect that Rossi doesn't have any idea why it works as he seems to think it does.
Last edited by KitemanSA on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

tomclarke wrote: Finally, you could not rule out US military interest in something kooky and futile. Goats & psi, etc.
And as some on this Forum have suggested... Polywell. :lol:

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

KitemanSA wrote:
tomclarke wrote: Finally, you could not rule out US military interest in something kooky and futile. Goats & psi, etc.
And as some on this Forum have suggested... Polywell. :lol:
While I'm not particularly a Polywell proponent, can you tell me what is "oogy boogy" about it? Looks like well reasoned science even if it doesn't work.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Spit the hook out... That was tongue in cheek.

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

Betruger wrote:Spit the hook out... That was tongue in cheek.
But also sort of true. US military seems to have more freedom to investigate non-standard areas of science than most other places. So Polywell - not kooky but equally dismissed by most fusion researchers as highly unlikley to work - gets funds. As do goats.
Last edited by tomclarke on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

The DARPA effect.

But also, one of the reasons the US Military has some very cool and reliable hardware. But, to be fair, we've bought a few lemons as well whence congressional pork is in the aquisitions mix.

The nice part is we tend to leave the lemons at home, and only bring them to the party when someone forces us too. Then we let them fail, and make it public. Thus we get to leave them at home.

We really do, for the most part, have the best kit out there. There are a few singular points where someone may argue better shoes or something.

I would rather go to war with our stuff than anyone elses. And I have seen both in many contexts.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

KitemanSA wrote:Oh, and that I suspect that Rossi doesn't have any idea why it works as he seems to think it does.
Well, that's one way to put it. Whatever the explanation may be, I think he could stand to brush up on his nuclear physics. I wonder if Focardi is still advising him.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

A link to the CERN lecture.

http://cdsweb.cern.ch/record/1433865

Anybody have a link to Miley's presentation today?

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

http://newenergyandfuel.com/http:/newen ... olloquium/

Interesting take on the Japanese and state of LENR:
Keep in mind the Japanese folks never fell for the cold fusion assassination that went on in the west. Instead they worked along, making progress.
Mitsubishi is saying, “D2 gas permeation through nano-structured Pd multilayer film makes it possible to induce nuclear transmutation under low pressure and low temperature condition.” That was followed by the notice the Toyota R&D Center, Osaka Univ., Iwate Univ., etc. replicated the transmutation experiments of Cs into Pr.

LENR is going commercial?

Mitsubishi is hoping for three applications, nuclear transmutation of radioactive waste, production of rare earth materials and a portable nuclear energy source.

This news while subtle is quite interesting. The folks at Mitsubishi are looking far beyond palladium, platinum and nickel. That begs the question – “What is it they already know?” They seem to have an answer that stimulates a far-reaching implication – there may well be Low Energy Nuclear Transmutations or “LENT” across a much larger part of the element table that any of us have been thinking so far.

cgray45

Post by cgray45 »

Now Rossi is saying that he'll be suing people for libel.

Very soon. Just as soon as one of his magic boxes is on the market. Probably made in his robot factory.
Check out my blog-- not just about fusion, but anything that attracts this 40 something historians interest.

parallel

Post by parallel »

I think Brillouin Energy Corp have a promising system too.
The video linked at the bottom provides a good explanation

Godes says, “I think probably a lot of your listeners may have heard of Rossi and that there’s copper and natural copper showing up in his thing. I think if they were to do an isotopic analysis of the copper that’s showed up in Rossi’s reaction systems, and is probably also showing up in Defkalion’s, although I don’t think anybody’s actually seen anything from them yet, I think that the preponderance of copper that shows up there would probably be Copper 63 and Copper 65 which are the two naturally occurring isotopes of copper.”

“The reason for that is the LENR reaction is a weak interaction. It’s a two step reaction. The first step is actually endothermic, which means that it absorbs energy. The exothermic part, which is much more exothermic than the endothermic part, is when neutrons accumulate onto another nucleus within the lattice. Ideally you have them accumulate onto other hydrogen nuclei that are within the lattice, which is always an exothermic event, or it doesn’t matter whether it accumulates on a nickel or palladium, that’s also an exothermic event, it releases a lot of energy.”

http://coldfusionnow.org/?p=15344

See http://coldfusionnow.org/?p=15344 and click on “A video on CECR in the table on the left for a good explanation of how it works

parallel

Post by parallel »

Oilprice.com interview Rossi
Andrea Rossi: We are very close to completing a 1MW plant in the US which will soon be opened to the public.

Oilprice.com: How many 1 MW plants have you currently made and sold?

Andrea Rossi: One 1 MW plant has been made and 13 are under construction. We would like to consolidate the first 14 before expanding. The oak must grow proportionally to the roots, otherwise hostile winds will sweep everything away.
http://oilprice.com/Interviews/The-Limi ... -the-E-Cat...

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Full-o-shyte-o-meter pegging....

Rossi: "I am/am not making E-cats in america because I do/do not have certifications, and I do/do not have a factory in a secret/not secret location selling/not selling units to secret/not secret military/not military customers that begin with an "N" in/not in America tested by a mystery Colonel of Engineering that exists/or not and that is very well known/or not by everyone, and my Ecats are/are not nuclear reactions that do/do not need boron/or lead sheilding because they are/are not making 411KeV gammas, and the state of Florida where my factory is/is not has been told by me that I am not making radiation from my Ecats that are/are not in America at this time. Oh, and please don't forget that my secret/not secret Law Firm and Secret/Not Secret investigators are amassing all comments and media by Snakes, Puppeteers and Clowns for a future global law suit."

Please feel free to adjust positives and negatives for any relavent target audience.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

cgray45

Post by cgray45 »

he can't tell us. He's building the E-cats to power the Imperial Japanese Submarine Atragon, which will save us all from the Lost Kingdom of Mu.
Check out my blog-- not just about fusion, but anything that attracts this 40 something historians interest.

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

cgray45 wrote:he can't tell us. He's building the E-cats to power the Imperial Japanese Submarine Atragon, which will save us all from the Lost Kingdom of Mu.
Krivit clearly is obsessed with Rossi. I guess because he is an LENR supporter and sees false prophets as worse than unbelievers.

But his detailed reports are absolutely damning.

Here is a sympathetic unknowledgable 3rd parties response to reading both sides:

http://blog.newenergytimes.com/2012/03/ ... catalyzer/

BTW Krivit is amost as incandescently annoyed with Miley, who he also sees as a false prophet.