10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

You two are misrepresenting Parallel's words. He clearly said that he had quit following this thread, not that he would quit following it, permanently. You can't know that he didn't quit following the thread, for some period of time. :P

Of course, by continuing to follow the thread, presumably he continues to feed the trolls. 8)
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

parallel wrote:Kiteman,
I see nothing has changed: just more of the usual crap.

When trolls like ladajo strongly push what are demonstrably incorrect statements, you know they are either idiots or liars. Take your pick.
Parallel,
I am convinced that ladajo, on any other subject, is neither an idiot nor a liar. It is just this particular subject, one way out of his field, he "HAS DECIDED THAT" something "IS SO". And in all truth, he MAY be correct in his rushed judgement, likely is. But if so, it hasn't been proved by reason, just maintained by rationalization. Oh well.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

paperburn1 wrote:His address in Florida of his "Factory" is an apartment building with no business listed or permits to operate listed for him in that area. On that fact alone I am very suspicious of him. Been there did not see it. may have missed it but I don't think so.
PB1,
Would you do me the great favor of showing me anywhere the Rossi gives an address for his "factory" other than "Miami". I do recall an address for a "business", which could easily have been run out of an apartment. But none for a "factory". Please enlighten me.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Ivy Matt wrote:You two are misrepresenting Parallel's words. He clearly said that he had quit following this thread, not that he would quit following it, permanently. You can't know that he didn't quit following the thread, for some period of time. :P

Of course, by continuing to follow the thread, presumably he continues to feed the trolls. 8)
It is kind of addictive, following the thread I mean. Feeding the trolls to, also, sometimes! :D

parallel

Post by parallel »

Kiteman,
I should probably have written I have given up following this thread on a regular basis. My intention was to post news when I saw it.

Meanwhile, nothing is likely to happen until the independent review of the Hot Cat is posted - but you never know with Rossi. It would be nice to end the wait and see some more reliable proof.

The easy solution to avoid the crap is simply to skip postings by the known trolls like ladajo, sean and scott. They never contribute anything except their unfounded, valueless opinions - repeated endlessly.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

I can grok Kiteman's frustration on this general point. Often in this thread, you read a poster make an inference or even a reasonable assumption without certainty, and incorrectly display them as a fact. "a IS b" when it is not warranted.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well, I am man enough to say that yes I may be biased in Rossi's case.

My issue with this entire thing is simple.

Rossi has claimed manufacturing and sales. Neither has ever been proven.
At one point he had sold up to 14 MW units (if I recall correctly), and had at one point three different active factories.
He has claimed transmutation. He has claimed there is no transmutation.
He has claimed delivery of product. Product was later found to not be delivered.
He has claimed customers and sale. Then later said he was selling the first unit to a new customer.
He claimed to have built the 1MW Bologna demo unit in the US. This later was denied.
He told Florida BRC that he had no factories, units operating, nuclear reactions. He told others he did.
The list goes on.

I guess it irritates me that Rossi can spin so many stories for so long, yet folks still want to see his saga with rose colored glasses. Even if Rossi did not have a documented past of lies, failure and criminal activity, this one sequence alone gives great pause to any objective thinker looking into him.

Yes, my mind is made up. Rossi is full of shit. And this may well be making me think to look for full of shitness first with anything he says or does, and that, to be fair, is a form of bias on my part.
I guess I see it as something like dealing with my son sometimes. He gets rambunctious, and wants to run into me and bounce off. After he does this five or six or whatever times, I become conditioned to the next approach being a "touch and go". Sometimes he fools me, and comes in for just a hug. I really do not ever expect hugs from Rossi.

Kite, you are right. I will endeavor to be more critical of myself when being critical on Rossi. To be fair, I ask that you review the evidence more clearly as I have posted reference previously showing everything I said above as fact.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I have to agree with ladajo here. It does not look good for Rossi.

cgray45

Post by cgray45 »

Skipjack wrote:I have to agree with ladajo here. It does not look good for Rossi.
And my main sourc eof annoyance is that it also doesn't look good for the entire LENR community--or to put it differently considering the articles in popular mechanics and other mainstream sources, its more likely people have heard of the e-cat and rossi and are forming their opinions about the general field of LENR about it than other, more responsible groups.
Check out my blog-- not just about fusion, but anything that attracts this 40 something historians interest.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

And my main sourc eof annoyance is that it also doesn't look good for the entire LENR community--or to put it differently considering the articles in popular mechanics and other mainstream sources, its more likely people have heard of the e-cat and rossi and are forming their opinions about the general field of LENR about it than other, more responsible groups.
Which is why Krivit is so against Rossi. He thinks that Rossi is harming the entire field.
Still no conclusive results from the Celani replication experiment, btw.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

cgray45 wrote:And my main sourc eof annoyance is that it also doesn't look good for the entire LENR community. . .
It's good to keep in mind that after all these years with questionable results, NASA has only just recently begun serious investigation. According to their Chief Scientist at Langley, Dr. Dennis Bushnell; there is sufficient evidence spread across the field to warrant a real investigation, so that's what they're doing.

So despite how embarrassing it is to be associated with a guy who purchased a phony sheepskin and has been lying ever since, the field in general is not being injured so far as I can see.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

Skipjack wrote:That is not looking so good :(

http://www.quantumheat.org/index.php/fo ... n#comments
That is good work, and it looks like they will get to the bottom of what's happening here.

It illustrates the problem with LENR positives. They are all indirect measurements, and there can easily be unexpected errors as here.

And, less forgivably, the LENR researchers do not themselves do this investigation or possible errors.

It is great that in this case public replication seems to be doing that.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

That is good work, and it looks like they will get to the bottom of what's happening here.

It illustrates the problem with LENR positives. They are all indirect measurements, and there can easily be unexpected errors as here.

And, less forgivably, the LENR researchers do not themselves do this investigation or possible errors.

It is great that in this case public replication seems to be doing that.
I agree! Still it is kinda sad that it does all seem to come down to measurement error (which is what I have been saying was a possibility for Celani and the others that had low watt or milliwatt excess heat).
We will see how things will progress, but right now, it does not look good.

seedload

Post by seedload »

JoeP wrote:Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

I can grok Kiteman's frustration on this general point. Often in this thread, you read a poster make an inference or even a reasonable assumption without certainty, and incorrectly display them as a fact. "a IS b" when it is not warranted.
These posters, which you think can't distinguish between fact and opinion, are not acting in a vacuum of individual morsels of information, each of which needs to be proven fact before reaching the conclusion that "a IS b".

It is the sheer volume of distinct events where it is a reasonable assumption that "a IS b" that is driving people to just bluntly say "a IS b".

Kiteman is continuing to argue the individual cases, each of which can be held up as not a fact under any number of preposterous speculations, without taking the bigger picture view of the entire mess, which so obviously demonstrates that Rossi is full of crap and that anything he says, if reasonably assumed to be false, probably is fricking false.

So grok Kiteman's frustration if you want. We all understand what he is saying. Yes, each individual case can be explained away as not a deception by speculating a different reason for the statement than that which is obviously apparent. So what?!?! He is just boringly and false intellectually finding an out for each individual Rossi misstep as a matter of simple contradiction. He's like a Mega Mensa, so caught up in his clever demonstrations of intellectual might that he can't recognize that he is actually stating the obvious, and that someone with real emotional IQ is more capable of seeing the bigger picture.

Just listen to him:
It is kind of addictive, following the thread I mean. Feeding the trolls to, also, sometimes!
He proudly thinks he is outwitting everyone even though all he is doing is stating what was dismissed as obvious by everyone else.

He, and apparently you, are incapable of understanding that hundreds of probable lies are basically the same as one definite one.
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!