10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Ivy Matt wrote:Shocking, unforeseen development: the EU has rejected (non-final) Rossi's patent application.

https://register.epo.org/espacenet/appl ... ab=doclist

See especially the "Annex to the communication".
And in what do you see "shocking" or/and "unforeseen" development?
Here: https://register.epo.org/espacenet/appl ... &npl=false is explained that which of there claim is not patentable.
There as I see is described how tube filled with nickel powder and then hydrogen is injected. Without any catalyst.
I am not sure that at mentioned there temperature (above 167-220 C deg) Nickel Hydride forms (if I recall correctly, the process is highly dependent on pressure), but if forms, reaction is highly exothermic but chemical by its nature.

And if Rossi have not filed catalyst compound, what novelty has described process? And where is nuclear reaction?

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

It's sarcasm
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I guess Russians dont understand sarkasm. Now that is indeed shocking and unforseen, giving the history of their country ;)

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Skipjack wrote:I guess Russians dont understand sarkasm. Now that is indeed shocking and unforseen, giving the history of their country ;)
I think that people who had big expectations about Rossi are more worthy for sarcasm.
Did you have such expectations?
I am not Russian, and my country has at least 3000 year history with achievements and fallings. What time period you know speaking about history? And how long history your country has?

sdg

Post by sdg »

Joseph,

Most all of us here have concluded that Rossi is a fraud/farce, and Ivy Matt's post about patent rejection was made sarcastically, as (most) all of us are not surprised at all that his claim was rejected. The sarcasm, rightly understood, serves to more strongly make the point that Rossi has nothing he is competent to patent.

Just thought I'd explain this, as I know it's sometimes hard to understand sarcasm when English is not your first language.

By the way, what country do you come from?

Regards,

sdg

parallel

Post by parallel »

Great debate about how many angels can stand on the head on a pin.

Why not wait for real news rather than speculate about things you know little or nothing about?

Enginerd

Post by Enginerd »

parallel wrote:Great debate about how many angels can stand on the head on a pin.
I vote for six angels, two leprechauns, and a partridge in a pear tree.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
--Philip K. Dick

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

parallel wrote:Why not wait for real news rather than speculate about things you know little or nothing about?
So, as I understand, Rossiworld and Rossibots having been harping on the "impending patent" for some time. And, as the patent app has failed, you are now saying that it is not relevant news?

Ummmm. Ok.

Not.

I have asked you before Parallel, and I ask again as you have never answered. "At what point will you finally give up on Rossi?" "What will it take for you to admit to yourself (and others) that he is full of shit?"
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

parallel wrote:Great debate about how many angels can stand on the head on a pin.

Why not wait for real news rather than speculate about things you know little or nothing about?
Fact is only one: they filed patent application how to get exothermic reaction mixing nickel nanopowder with hydrogen gas.
Usually such components give Nickel Hydride. And, yes, reaction is exothermic but chemical by its nature and not nuclear.
And this process is not patentable because is well known for at least one century.
Please, specify what I do not know or know little.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

sdg wrote:By the way, what country do you come from?
I am from Georgia, South Caucasus.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

parallel wrote:Why not wait for real news rather than speculate about things you know little or nothing about?
Well, it's not a final rejection, but the EU patent office has made it clear that Rossi has to show his cards...if he has any. I'd call that news, much more so than the latest hints dropped by Rossi to the followers his blog.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Andrea Rossi
October 30th, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Dear Emilio Icaza:
Yes, Leonardo Corp is very much powerful now. I can already say that the first 1 MW hot cat will go in operation within February 2013. It will not be a military application, therefore selected persons will be allowed to visit it. It will be installed in a big power production and distribution plant.
This is the new. The plant is made in the USA.
An extremely important agreement has been signed after the tests of the Hot Cat, which are going on since June in the USA and in Italy.
The details will be communicated only after the plant will have been working for enough time to be visitable, also to avoid clubs in the wheels.
That’s all I can say right now.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Ivy Matt,
Should you really be interested in the patent, which I doubt, see:

Bernie Koppenhofer wrote on October 30, 2012 at 3:19 pm
Rossi Patent strategy is very clear: Keep the patent process going while protecting his IP via trade secret strategies.

Andrea Rossi
October 30th, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Dear Luigi Sandri:
1- it is false that any of our patent applications has been rejected. The process of patent pending is long and complex and goes through series of discussions between the Patent Office and the Attorneys of the Inventor. This is true for normal patents, you can imagine how complex is in this case.
2- the fact that the patent is accepted or not will not affect at all our production and the diffusion of our plants. Simply, we will have to defend the Intellectual Property in other ways. Actually, we are manufacturing our plants and delivering too.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Amusement is amusing until facts can support education. You got any facts?
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

parallel wrote:Ivy Matt,
Should you really be interested in the patent, which I doubt, see:

Bernie Koppenhofer wrote on October 30, 2012 at 3:19 pm
Rossi Patent strategy is very clear: Keep the patent process going while protecting his IP via trade secret strategies.

Andrea Rossi
October 30th, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Dear Luigi Sandri:
1- it is false that any of our patent applications has been rejected. The process of patent pending is long and complex and goes through series of discussions between the Patent Office and the Attorneys of the Inventor. This is true for normal patents, you can imagine how complex is in this case.
2- the fact that the patent is accepted or not will not affect at all our production and the diffusion of our plants. Simply, we will have to defend the Intellectual Property in other ways. Actually, we are manufacturing our plants and delivering too.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
Uh. The purpose of a patent is disclosure. The purpose of a secret is avoid disclosure.

So he is working to get protection by disclosure while keeping the essentials secret.

It is beginning to become clear to me. Rossi is brilliant.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.