10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

I must have missed it. And the second point?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

KitemanSA wrote:i like retirement a lot and am not sure I want to waste time discussing such things with folks who's minds are locked tight.
I love arguing with the locked tight. From time to time.

The fact that I'm coming out of retirement curtails that some.

OTOH, Rossi has made claims. It may take another two or three years for the air to escape from the balloon. Rossi is very good. I'd give him credit for that. A life time of practicing has perfected his art.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

I suspect you are likely correct.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Skipjack wrote:
First, what makes you say the photos are from July?
I am pretty sure the article mentions it.
If one actually reads the article and pays attention, it does in fact tell photos were taken in July.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

As for whether or not it is the same module, it may not be. But if one has actually taken the time to look and examine the old photos against the new, there are striking similarities, the least of which is THE EXACT SAME FLOOR POSITIONING of the unit.

In regard to choice. In life, one needs to learn to be adept at knowing when to fish or cut bait. It appears that Kite has an inordinately large pile of bait and not a lot of fish.

Of interest, is Kite's agreement with Simon that more than likely Rossi is full of shit. Why agree with Simon, but not others who express similar or same views?

Do as you wish Kite, it is your right. After a while though, all that bait begins to smell.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

I have often said you are "likely" correct. I have also stated that it has not been demonstrated. You have stated that he IS a liar. You had, at the time I was more interested, provided disjointed and out of context quotes to bolster your position. Then I got real busy in retirement preparations and changed my attention level just as you did the quasi timeline of his statements. I scanned through it and found nothing conclusive but put off responding.

I still haven't seen proof that he is a liar. I have long FELT that he was incorrect. But I include in my option set the possibility that he is mentally ill and a slight possibility that he is on to something.

So my stance hasn't changed at all. MSimon's seems to have, at least the way he expresses it. Earlier on his statements were as absolutist as yours. Now, not so much.

But to repeat myself, I think it "likely" that the e-cat will turn out to be non-functional. I am not positive about it yet, nor is there any sane reason why I should be.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

KitemanSA wrote:I have often said you are "likely" correct. I have also stated that it has not been demonstrated. You have stated that he IS a liar. You had, at the time I was more interested, provided disjointed and out of context quotes to bolster your position.
Let's join together all "disjointed and out of context quotes", let's look in depth of context and, so, we can say that to obtain of financing, to be awarded with Nobel prize, to become a multibillionaire would not be a problem for very poor Mr. Rossi. If to recall that his experimental/demo device and its further testing worth so little that can be financed by Rossi's personal funds (he claimed that he sold his home and by unclear from where emerged and suspicious companies).
There are a lot of venture capital companies who seek for such ventures: to invest thousands with hope to get millions. And in Rossi’s case – to invest thousands for getting many billions.
But he could not.
And at least his claim about selling of 1 MW plant is lie.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Kite, all it takes is one lie and Rossi is a liar. He has made more than one lie.

As for Ecat. As I have said many times. What it is, is something separate from Rossi. They are not mutually dependant. If I had to put odds on Ecat, as I have stated before, I also think it is more probable not to work as it has been seen. If I put odds on Rossi, odds are what comes out of his mouth is at best a misrepresentation, and more likely a lie.

You say I am an absolutist. If by that you mean that I absolutely believe Rossi has lied, then yes, I absolutely agree.

So now it would seem you are shifting to argue that we agree at some level, and are now arguing for what? Agreement?
Another thing of note is not only that the bait you are cutting and piling up getting smelly over time, but you also get more hungry for lack of fish.

Eventually one must shit or get off the pot. To not do either would mean dying on the pot, and that is not a pretty death.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Then I am quite sure that YOU are a liar and GIT is liar and seedbrain is a liar. I am sure each of you has told a lie SOMETIME. So if you insist on such trival solutions, fine, you are a liar and I shouldn't take your word for anything.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

When have I ever lied to you?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

To be specific, I am saying that Rossi has lied about Ecat and about what he has been doing with "it". I really don't care if he lied to his teacher in 3rd grade about how his dog ate his homework. I was not party to it, it is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Stick to the topic o' testy one.

rcain

Post by rcain »

this thread is getting very very silly.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

yup. :?

seedload

Post by seedload »

Getting?
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Shocking, unforeseen development: the EU has rejected (non-final) Rossi's patent application.

https://register.epo.org/espacenet/appl ... ab=doclist

See especially the "Annex to the communication".
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.