10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Why wait?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

nextbigfuture

ladojo -what is this about a new contract mod for IEC ?

Post by nextbigfuture »

Also what questions were there about the Rossi interview that Sander did and anything on my position on LENR ?

what is this about a new contract mod for IEC ?

Brian Wang

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

ladajo wrote:Why wait?
Becasue their testing is still going on.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I meant weeks...
Grill them while there, grill them as soon as they are back. We are all impatient to know! :D
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

ladajo

Re: ladojo -what is this about a new contract mod for IEC ?

Post by ladajo »

nextbigfuture wrote:Also what questions were there about the Rossi interview that Sander did and anything on my position on LENR ?

what is this about a new contract mod for IEC ?

Brian Wang
Brian,
How did you miss the bus on the new EMC2 contract??? Jump into the recovery.gov thread to catch up.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2012/ ... ence.shtml

Body Blow! Body Blow! Right Hook! Left Hook, Uppercut! Ohhh...Rossi staggers...

Krivit's latest. A detailed saga of Rossiworld. He makes a good case about the patent process driving Rossi's behaviour and crock-o-shyte-ness.

Maui

Post by Maui »

Pretty damning summary.

marvin57

Here comes the call for investment in LENR

Post by marvin57 »

http://seekingalpha.com/article/406981- ... gas-prices

I suppose it was inevitable in the long run that someone would be asking for money.

Crawdaddy

Re: Here comes the call for investment in LENR

Post by Crawdaddy »

marvin57 wrote:http://seekingalpha.com/article/406981- ... gas-prices

I suppose it was inevitable in the long run that someone would be asking for money.
I don't see where money is being asked for in this article.

Personally, I have divested myself of my oil, gas, and uranium holdings....

There are several attractive junior nickel stocks that are undervalued at the moment.

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

Kahuna wrote:FWIW, I recently had an email exchange with Mark Dansie who is a fairly well known Alternative Energy investigator/skeptic from Australia and who has exposed a few scams in his day.

Among other things, he mentioned that he knew knew some members of a Defkalion fairly large test team who were in Greece conducting tests now. I asked if they were going to publish their results (good or bad) results or if they were prohibited in some way by an NDA. He said he did not know about the NDA but that they were committed to talking to him after their trip.

Not too much there except that I'm pretty sure that the tests are actually going on with legitimate and qualified third party folks. I will follow up with him in a couple of weeks to see if I can get a read on any results.
Well done sir!

As an aside, no NDA can prevent someone from disclosing illegal activity. If Defkalion is engaged in fraud then no contract in the world can stop disclosure upon discovery.

CKay

Post by CKay »

Crawdaddy wrote:Personally, I have divested myself of my oil, gas, and uranium holdings....

There are several attractive junior nickel stocks that are undervalued at the moment.
...because you believe Rossi and Defkalion really have the goods?

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

CKay wrote:
Crawdaddy wrote:Personally, I have divested myself of my oil, gas, and uranium holdings....

...because you believe Rossi and Defkalion really have the goods?
I believe that the risk vs return in the nickel market is attractive even if cold fusion is a scam according to the tenets of value investing.

If cold fusion is legitimate then the returns are likely to be incredibly higher. Generally speaking inflection points (like the 2008/09 crisis) are the absolute best times to invest in stocks. If cold fusion is real it is a situation where you can make tons of money if you position yourself properly.

Either way It is likely to work out, since most energy shares (aside from uranium) are well priced.

Much less risky than a bet on the internet.

CKay

Post by CKay »

Crawdaddy wrote:Either way It is likely to work out, since most energy shares (aside from uranium) are well priced.
Okay - it rather seemed as though you were offering the decision to exchange your energy holdings for nickel as an illustration of your confidence in Rossi and Defkalion.
I agree that you're unlikely to make a significant loss on nickel. You may even make a nice profit, but nothing like the return I could have got on that bet with Parallel - 100% profit in 12 months for, imo, minimal risk... :wink:

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

CKay wrote:
Crawdaddy wrote:Either way It is likely to work out, since most energy shares (aside from uranium) are well priced.
Okay - it rather seemed as though you were offering the decision to exchange your energy holdings for nickel as an illustration of your confidence in Rossi and Defkalion.
I agree that you're unlikely to make a significant loss on nickel. You may even make a nice profit, but nothing like the return I could have got on that bet with Parallel - 100% profit in 12 months for, imo, minimal risk... :wink:
It is an illustration of my confidence in the reported cold fusion devices.

Your problem is that you cannot hold a nuanced view of the situation in your head. You jump to conclusions without thinking critically about information. In the case of cold fusion you also lack the skills to read and understand the published literature on the subject.

For this reason your opinion of the possibility that highly energetic cold fusion has been achieved is flawed.

CKay

Post by CKay »

Crawdaddy wrote:Your problem is that you cannot hold a nuanced view of the situation in your head.
My "problem"? Why so personal? Where have I offered insult to you?
You jump to conclusions without thinking critically about information.

Evidence?
In the case of cold fusion you also lack the skills to read and understand the published literature on the subject.
You don't know anything about me.

There's plenty of people far more qualified than you or I who see no verifiable evidence for LENR. That is unless you can point to one reliable, reproducible method for the production of excess energy through an LENR effect?
Last edited by CKay on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.