10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

deane wrote:
MSimon wrote:
NI never sell to Rossi if he thought that the E-Cat was a hoax.
I. Do. Not. Believe. That. For. A. Femtosecond.

How in the heck is NI going to check that Rossi's device works? Bring over a bunch of engineers and test it? Before selling him a few K$ worth of hardware/software?

Absolutely fun to watch though. Faith can either move mountains or destroy reason.

So if Fiat sells Rossi a company car that is proof of Rossi's claims?
That would be like thinking that a reputable firm like Arthur Anderson would risk its reputation by doing the audits for a fraudster like Enron.

Oh. Wait...
Doubled back and squared my point. Nice!
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

deane wrote: He's saying that if you are talking about the misspelled word then he must be the drunkard (for having misspelled it). But if you're talking about something else, then he's not the drunkard you're asking about.

So yes, he was being funny. I know I smiled.
You seem to be better at his particular brand of manglish than I am. May I call on you to translate in the future? :lol:

deane

Post by deane »

KitemanSA wrote:You seem to be better at his particular brand of manglish than I am. May I call on you to translate in the future? :lol:
When reading Joseph's posts I find it useful to keep a bag of spare words handy.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

deane wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:You seem to be better at his particular brand of manglish than I am. May I call on you to translate in the future? :lol:
When reading Joseph's posts I find it useful to keep a bag of spare words handy.
Actually recalling my clumsy English (that's true) goes when my opponents have not any other arguments. "I stopped at undergrad level in physics but your opponent speaks English better and I am on his side" - said one person. For your note, physics or engineering need not many words. Sometimes many words also means the lack of sense.
In Rossi's case there are too many secrets and no physics, catastrophic lack of skill and primitive lie like e.g. "we collaborate with NASA or National Instruments" and “customer is happy”. But right now this guy wants to make money selling bare cat from the dark bag (pardon, e-cat from Leonardo Corp. or very respectful Dekfalion). May be believers are not familiar with some sphere of human activities but his behavior is very typical for cheaters.
Thanks for kind attention to my difficultly readable posts.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

MSimon wrote:Joseph,

I appreciate your point. I was joking. Sort of. I once had an interest in the occult and studied that stuff for years. Along with normal technical subjects.

I can correlate it to Chakras too if you like. More uncertainty. Most amusing.
Unfortunately Chakras and Kabala are at the same level for my primitively arranged brain. :)
One African tribe has only three numerals: "one", "two" and "many".
In the knowledge I know only two words "known" and “uncertain". Kabala and Chakras both are uncertain for me and equal each other.
But also we have the certain way how step by step to convert uncertain into the known. The last is the knowledge process. As I have been engaged with karate, I would call that way “knowledge-do”. And I do not see Rossi on that way.

deane

Post by deane »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
deane wrote:When reading Joseph's posts I find it useful to keep a bag of spare words handy.
Actually recalling my clumsy English (that's true) goes when my opponents have not any other arguments.
Trust me, your English is far better than my Russian. "Nyet" is about as far as I get.

Sometimes it's fun to try and puzzle out what you're saying, though. :)

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

deane wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:
deane wrote:When reading Joseph's posts I find it useful to keep a bag of spare words handy.
Actually recalling my clumsy English (that's true) goes when my opponents have not any other arguments.
Trust me, your English is far better than my Russian. "Nyet" is about as far as I get.

Thanks, good luck.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
deane wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:Actually recalling my clumsy English (that's true) goes when my opponents have not any other arguments.

Thanks, good luck.
My #2 son is currently living/working in Moscow. I'm sure his conversational Russian is not bad. It was his major in college. He may need some educating in technical Russian. My Russian is close to zero.

Most of the time I can figure out what you are getting at. But I WANT to understand.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

MSimon wrote:My #2 son is currently living/working in Moscow. I'm sure his conversational Russian is not bad. It was his major in college. He may need some educating in technical Russian. My Russian is close to zero.

Most of the time I can figure out what you are getting at. But I WANT to understand.
I lived in Moscow for about 13 years since 1988 to 1999. That is interesting city for young man but too tiresome for me now. All the more we are enemies now.
And I'd like too to speak English better. Sorry, not all is perfect.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
MSimon wrote:I appreciate your point. I was joking. Sort of. I once had an interest in the occult and studied that stuff for years. Along with normal technical subjects.
I can correlate it to Chakras too if you like. More uncertainty. Most amusing.
Unfortunately Chakras and Kabala are at the same level for my primitively arranged brain. :)
One African tribe has only three numerals: "one", "two" and "many".
In the knowledge I know only two words "known" and “uncertain". Kabala and Chakras both are uncertain for me and equal each other.
But also we have the certain way how step by step to convert uncertain into the known. The last is the knowledge process. As I have been engaged with karate, I would call that way “knowledge-do”. And I do not see Rossi on that way.
The problem with this is that some folks become "certain", i.e. knowledgable, about something in one circumstance and ASSUME that knowledge applies in a totally different circumstance. As one member's signature reads, "it ain't what you don't know that kills you, but what ya know that ain't so"; or some such.
I try very hard not to assume I know things in new circumstances. It makes those who "think they know" believe I disagree with them when in fact all I am doing is asking for the DATA, the REASONS that they think that way. Often they have none and get mad at me for pointing that out. Life it tough. :wink:

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

KitemanSA wrote:Often they have none and get mad at me for pointing that out. Life it tough. :wink:
Is this a linguistic forum? Or you are pointing out on bad English as last argument when all arguments of physics are ending?

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Of interest from Rossi's "New" Website ( http://www.leonardo-ecat.com ):

The heart of an E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) is the reactor core. This is the metal tube in which the cold fusion nuclear reactions take place. Due to the high power density of the E-Cat technology, extremely large reactor cores are not required. Most E-Cat reactor core models have an internal volume that is smaller than a can of soda. Others are as small as a D-Cell battery, with an internal volume of around 50 cubic centimeters.

In the tube that composes the reactor core, a small quantity of specially processed, micron grain sized, nickel powder is placed. The nickel powder has been enriched in two specific isotopes (Ni-62 and Ni-64) via a proprietary and cheap method that only adds 10% to the final cost of the raw material. Enriching the nickel powder in Ni-62 and Ni-64 is important, because it is these two isotopes that undergo the most nuclear reactions.
Once the nickel powder is placed in the reactor core, an even smaller quantity of catalyst material is inserted into the same metal tube. Without the catalyst, the E-Cat could not produce practical levels of output. The catalyst is composed of one or more chemical elements that are not radioactive, rare, or expensive. In fact, the cost of the catalyst is considered to be insignificant.

Next, the reactor core is filled with a small quantity of pressurized hydrogen gas, from an external canister. The pressure of the hydrogen gas is a key factor in moderating the intensity of the reactions that take place in the reactor core. Higher hydrogen pressure increases the rate at which nuclear reactions take place, and lower hydrogen pressure reduces the rate.

Once the hydrogen gas has been inserted, external electrical resistors apply heat to the reactor core. At this point, the catalyst starts breaking down the molecular hydrogen gas (the normal form of hydrogen gas in which two hydrogen atoms are bonded together to form a single molecule), into atomic hydrogen gas. In the atomic state, the hydrogen atoms are not bonded to another hydrogen atom, and are isolated from each other.

These atomic hydrogen atoms then start interacting with tubercles on the surface of the nickel powder, where the reaction sites are located. The atomic hydrogen starts to fuse with atoms of nickel located at these reaction sites. As the nuclear reactions take place, the vast majority of gamma radiation that would be produced in such a nuclear reaction, are instantly converted into heat energy. A portion of this heat energy helps keep the reactions going, and at a certain point when the reactions are frequent enough, the input resistors can be cut off. At this point, the device is in a self-sustaining mode of operation.

Upon entering the self-sustaining mode of operation, a radio frequency generator may be turned on to help perpetuate and stabilize the cold fusion nuclear reactions taking place inside of the reactor core.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Of interest from Rossi's "New" Website ( http://www.leonardo-ecat.com ):

The heart of an E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) is the reactor core. This is the metal tube in which the cold fusion nuclear reactions take place. Due to the high power density of the E-Cat technology, extremely large reactor cores are not required. Most E-Cat reactor core models have an internal volume that is smaller than a can of soda. Others are as small as a D-Cell battery, with an internal volume of around 50 cubic centimeters.

In the tube that composes the reactor core, a small quantity of specially processed, micron grain sized, nickel powder is placed. The nickel powder has been enriched in two specific isotopes (Ni-62 and Ni-64) via a proprietary and cheap method that only adds 10% to the final cost of the raw material. Enriching the nickel powder in Ni-62 and Ni-64 is important, because it is these two isotopes that undergo the most nuclear reactions.

Once the nickel powder is placed in the reactor core, an even smaller quantity of catalyst material is inserted into the same metal tube. Without the catalyst, the E-Cat could not produce practical levels of output. The catalyst is composed of one or more chemical elements that are not radioactive, rare, or expensive. In fact, the cost of the catalyst is considered to be insignificant.

Next, the reactor core is filled with a small quantity of pressurized hydrogen gas, from an external canister. The pressure of the hydrogen gas is a key factor in moderating the intensity of the reactions that take place in the reactor core. Higher hydrogen pressure increases the rate at which nuclear reactions take place, and lower hydrogen pressure reduces the rate.

Once the hydrogen gas has been inserted, external electrical resistors apply heat to the reactor core. At this point, the catalyst starts breaking down the molecular hydrogen gas (the normal form of hydrogen gas in which two hydrogen atoms are bonded together to form a single molecule), into atomic hydrogen gas. In the atomic state, the hydrogen atoms are not bonded to another hydrogen atom, and are isolated from each other.

These atomic hydrogen atoms then start interacting with tubercles on the surface of the nickel powder, where the reaction sites are located. The atomic hydrogen starts to fuse with atoms of nickel located at these reaction sites. As the nuclear reactions take place, the vast majority of gamma radiation that would be produced in such a nuclear reaction, are instantly converted into heat energy. A portion of this heat energy helps keep the reactions going, and at a certain point when the reactions are frequent enough, the input resistors can be cut off. At this point, the device is in a self-sustaining mode of operation.

Upon entering the self-sustaining mode of operation, a radio frequency generator may be turned on to help perpetuate and stabilize the cold fusion nuclear reactions taking place inside of the reactor core.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

True that. Now what keeps them isolated? And how much energy does it take?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

First bunch of nonsense: Check!

These atomic hydrogen atoms then start interacting with tubercles on the surface of the nickel powder, where the reaction sites are located. The atomic hydrogen starts to fuse with atoms of nickel located at these reaction sites.
Second bunch of nonsense: Check!

As the nuclear reactions take place, the vast majority of gamma radiation that would be produced in such a nuclear reaction, are instantly converted into heat energy.
Miracle and/or imaginary scientific event: Check!

A portion of this heat energy helps keep the reactions going, and at a certain point when the reactions are frequent enough, the input resistors can be cut off. At this point, the device is in a self-sustaining mode of operation.
Amazing results as a consequence of the previous claims: Check!

One of the most ridiculous explanations I have seen to date.
If this is what Rossi is offering as explanation to his customer I really NEED to know who they are! I have a concession for a mine of unobtainium to sell to them.