10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

quixote

Post by quixote »

Joseph Chikva wrote:too many secrets
I think what you're saying is the secret ingredient is cooties rat semen?

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

quixote wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:too many secrets
I think what you're saying is the secret ingredient is cooties rat semen?
I can not follow to your sarcasm. It is only that my very primitive logic can explain me. The second quote is: people are like kids when you say them that Santa is not real (c)
Whose semen? Coyote’s?

quixote

Post by quixote »

Sorry, it was a movie reference that was meant to be light-hearted. I forget sometimes that not everyone is a pop culture buff.

As to the secret sauce and Rossi, I'm reserving my opinion, though I'm pretty skeptical.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Now that Rossi has personally confirmed three customers, surely he can afford the measly 500,000 euros to fund the University of Barcelona tests. I'm looking forward to hearing the UoB's announcement any day now.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

icarus

Post by icarus »

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

icarus wrote:http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MizunoTanomaloushb.pdf

Secret sauce phenanthrene?
Antracene with potassium cyan :)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

more fun from Krivit...

http://blog.newenergytimes.com/

Setanta

Post by Setanta »

quixote wrote:Sorry, it was a movie reference that was meant to be light-hearted. I forget sometimes that not everyone is a pop culture buff.

As to the secret sauce and Rossi, I'm reserving my opinion, though I'm pretty skeptical.
Quixote, have to say I knew what you were refering to.
The leonardo corporation the new Setec Astronomy?? :wink:

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

ladajo wrote:more fun from Krivit...

Geez. Yeah is more proof of Krivit getting way too personal with this. Tedious. Now he has fulfilled Godwin's Law.

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

It is ironic that (pseudo) skeptics are presenting this guy as their poster child.

If Rossi had simply said that his reactor worked by "windom-larsen theory" (absurd) then krivit would be on his knees slobbering all over Rossi with every post.

This guy is the biggest nutjob associated with cold fusion, and there are a lot of nutjobs associated with cold fusion!

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Crawdaddy wrote:

It is ironic that (pseudo) skeptics are presenting this guy as their poster child.

If Rossi had simply said that his reactor worked by "windom-larsen theory" (absurd) then krivit would be on his knees slobbering all over Rossi with every post.

This guy is the biggest nutjob associated with cold fusion, and there are a lot of nutjobs associated with cold fusion!
While he has definitely taken a personal tone, I still find him vastly more credible than Sterling and his "Obama has gone to mars" garbage.

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

ScottL wrote:
Crawdaddy wrote:

While he has definitely taken a personal tone, I still find him vastly more credible than Sterling and his "Obama has gone to mars" garbage.
I find him more credible than Charles Manson too.

He is, however, infinitely less credible than well educated serious scientists like Levi, Focardi, Essen, Kulander etc.

They don't think the device is obviously a fraud. I prefer not to listen to crackpots on both sides.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Crawdaddy wrote:
ScottL wrote:
Crawdaddy wrote: It is ironic that (pseudo) skeptics are presenting this guy as their poster child.

I find him more credible than Charles Manson too.

He is, however, infinitely less credible than well educated serious scientists like Levi, Focardi, Essen, Kulander etc.

They don't think the device is obviously a fraud. I prefer not to listen to crackpots on both sides.
I consider those people suspect at best, but I have my reasons.

!. Levi held up the hose in the Krivit video saying "look steam" which was clearly not the amount they were claiming. He knows this, we know this, that demonstration was a charade and leads me to believe he may be dishonest.

2. Focardi has submitted the base work of Rossi's reactor to other universities as well as CERN and all have rejected his anonmalous heat claims stating that while heat is generated, it's within the known expected parameters of the experiment.

3. Essen and Kulander I'm mixed on as well. They say how much this could be a break through, but leave the possibility it is not what is claimed. Every interview I've watched, they refuse to say something along the lines of "this works, I stake my reputation on it, it is a sure thing". Instead they walk around the "if it works" only mentioning that there is an IF still once or twice in the interviews.

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

ScottL wrote:
I consider those people suspect at best, but I have my reasons.

!. Levi held up the hose in the Krivit video saying "look steam" which was clearly not the amount they were claiming. He knows this, we know this, that demonstration was a charade and leads me to believe he may be dishonest.

2. Focardi has submitted the base work of Rossi's reactor to other universities as well as CERN and all have rejected his anonmalous heat claims stating that while heat is generated, it's within the known expected parameters of the experiment.

3. Essen and Kulander I'm mixed on as well. They say how much this could be a break through, but leave the possibility it is not what is claimed. Every interview I've watched, they refuse to say something along the lines of "this works, I stake my reputation on it, it is a sure thing". Instead they walk around the "if it works" only mentioning that there is an IF still once or twice in the interviews.
1. This reasoning is deeply flawed. No professor would ever jeopardize their career deliberately trying to scam people in such a manner. This is not even close to enough proof to lower Levi's credibility to the same order of magnitude as krivits

2. Have you even read these papers you keep talking about? The CERN paper admits that after they opened their reactor for the first time after a year of experiments they found a visible layer of zinc on their nickel rod! They admit to using brass contacts, that, as anyone who actually knew what they were talking bout can tell you, when heated under vacuum will redeposit zinc over every internal surface almost immediately. Their experiment was deeply flawed and showed absolutely nothing! They couldn't even reproducibly load hydrogen into their device. Pathetic experiment. An article like that one that claimed to reproduce the effect would never be published.

3. Essen and Kullander have limited access to the device (much less than Levi and Focardi). Of course we are talking about IF the device is not a fraud. The two professors are exactly right when they say that the device is consistent with an actual cold fusion reactor based on the available evidence. That does not mean that they discount the possibility of being tricked by fraud! Of course the device could be a fraud! Only a blithering idiot or crackpot would claim to know based on the limited information available to the public whether the device is a fraud or not. Focardi and Levi are not blithering idiots or crackpots do they have information we do not?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.