10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

icarus

Post by icarus »

ScottL wrote:Ni-monolayer films related papers

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Beh ... i=scholart

A few you might find pertinent:

http://www.springerlink.com/index/U63PU1536366L807.pdf

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 2882900103

It loosks like we've been researching this stuff for a long time and have done experiments that are similar to Focardi's previous experiments.
Thnx for the links.

I agree there seems to be prior research on loading H into nickel, including mono-layers, but the specific sequence of loading, evacuating, heating, etc for 10-12 cycles sound crucial. Like a combination lock to get the right H loading into the metal ... removing as much O as possible I suspect.

Wouldn't it be infuriating for these researchers if they were so close to discovering something so big and just needed to cycle the heating/H-load/evacuate cycle a few more times .... ?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

That is not how military aquisitions are done. Even more complex for NATO buys. In fact, NATO is very resistant to buy anything, it is not part of its intention. NATO is designed for equipment to be sourced by the participating nation. The entire process to aquire heavy organic airlift capability was a huge drama for NATO. One that dragged on for a while and still has its detractors.

icarus

Post by icarus »

Crawdaddy wrote:
icarus wrote:
Thnx. So by my reckoning nano-particles of nickel having min. dimension of order 30 nanometre, with crystal structure lattice dimension around 352 picom, gives particles of about 80-100 atom thickness in one dimension at least.

Would you agree with that?
That is reasonable. One thing that most people don't realize about metal nanoparticles is that they are much less stable than bulk material. Because nickel confined in such small dimensions has a large "surface energy" the nickel atoms of the particle will be much more mobile at the surface and the particles themselves would tend to "melt" together at much lower temperature than the melting point of the bulk material.

I think I remember reading that the rossi material is supposedly has dimensions in the microns, which would make them more stable at high temperature. Especially after reduction in hydrogen.
What is the current thinking on the origin of the surface energy? Is this an effect of crystallography, i.e. the lattice, defects, etc, or interaction at the interface of the solid with the vacuum, i.e. surface plasmon resonance type behaviour or something else?

How do we know that the nickel at atoms at the surface can be quite mobile?

Thnx in anticipation.
Last edited by icarus on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

icarus

Post by icarus »

ladajo wrote:That is not how military aquisitions are done. Even more complex for NATO buys. In fact, NATO is very resistant to buy anything, it is not part of its intention. NATO is designed for equipment to be sourced by the participating nation. The entire process to aquire heavy organic airlift capability was a huge drama for NATO. One that dragged on for a while and still has its detractors.
Yeah, but small black op groups have more than $2 mill in discretionary spending so they can just get jobs done without crawling to Washington every time some needs a heater.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Not exactly. Apparently you have no clue how military aquisitions purchasing is done. But if you wish, you can live in your internet conspiracy theory world. Fine by me.

bhl

Post by bhl »

MSimon wrote:I think phlogiston was the most important scientific discovery ever. Right up there with Piltdown Man.
Pretty smug! Lets see how your previous predictions are going...

Digging back to May 15th:
MSimon wrote:Prediction - come October/November there will "minor difficulties" (supply? construction? something else?) that will delay construction for 6 months.
Hmm. Dead wrong.

icarus

Post by icarus »

ladajo wrote:Not exactly. Apparently you have no clue how military aquisitions purchasing is done. But if you wish, you can live in your internet conspiracy theory world. Fine by me.
Apparently not. ;)

Care to enlighten us captain commando?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Not my job. If you want to know, go read the pubs, take the courses, and get yourself certified as a contracting officer.
Or you can continue to live in the world you are where "blacks ops" can do as they wish. As I said, fine by me. Doesn't affect my life at all.

icarus

Post by icarus »

ladajo wrote:Not my job. If you want to know, go read the pubs, take the courses, and get yourself certified as a contracting officer.
Or you can continue to live in the world you are where "blacks ops" can do as they wish. As I said, fine by me. Doesn't affect my life at all.
So you don't really know or you do? It is not made clear by just throwing it back at me.

It is your job to tell me I don't know but not your job to tell me exactly how it works ... smells like BS to me.

Hint: begin with assumption I do already know.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well, if you know so well who I am and what I have done and do, why don't you tell me? Obviously you are well informed by the internet conspiracy sites.

As far as my need to tell you about contracting, it does not exist. You obviously have all the answers. Must have been your time at OTF that you learned it all. Or maybe it was your stint on Seal Team SIX. Oh, sorry, I forgot, they only exist on conspiracy sites and in Hollywood.

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

bhl wrote:
stefanbanev wrote: At this point, it makes no sense to discuss e-cat anymore; it has been exposed to public sufficiently, the "scientific" data about e-cat is apparently not a Rossi's priorities; in fact I would expect from Rossi a misleading tips so, to discuss his ability to disguise the process inside e-cat is pointless; irrelevantly, if it is fraud/delusion/real for all these cases Rossi's logical course of action it to mislead...
This could easily be the most important scientific breakthrough ever. It will be discussed ad infinitum. Why wait for the mainstream media to bless it, or the UofB, or a blessed science journal, or until you personally are scalded by the anomalous heat? We should be doing everything possible to investigate it. I'm guessing more than a few readers here will end up working in this new field... if the effect is even 1% real.

This is where you can read Rossi in near-real time:
http://www.rossilivecat.com/ (With handy translate button for the Italian Q/A.)

There may be misdirection by Rossi, but you have to give him credit for answering a lot of questions with clear and direct response. (Feel free to find lies... I've seen a few changes of intention and flared temper, but I'd be interested to see anyone's idea of an outright lie.)
>This could easily be the most important scientific breakthrough ever.

You are kidding ;o) Why to proclaim so self-apparent benefits if it is for real... There are plenty countries who would love to have this technology to be real, any legacy-conspiracy is doomed to fail if LENR is for real no need to be so agitated just wait... thanks to Rossy's performance the public exposure was sufficient to make it unlikely to be buried silently...

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Imagine the customer doesn't really care about the science and only if the thing can do what Rossi says it can do for a moment ... who would want such a product?
With all the health and safety regulations about in the first world, I imagine only the Chinese. Or some other 2nd or 3rd world country.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

icarus wrote:
ladajo wrote:Not my job. If you want to know, go read the pubs, take the courses, and get yourself certified as a contracting officer.
So you don't really know or you do? It is not made clear by just throwing it back at me.

It is your job to tell me I don't know but not your job to tell me exactly how it works ... smells like BS to me.

Hint: begin with assumption I do already know.
From a contractors stand point, acquisition is a pain in the rear and apparently according to a friend of mine who is a current AF officer, it's a pain there. According to him, even with classified materials and projects, you still have to leave a paper trail for auditing purposes. He said they're pretty insanely strick on audits.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

bhl wrote:
MSimon wrote:I think phlogiston was the most important scientific discovery ever. Right up there with Piltdown Man.
Pretty smug! Lets see how your previous predictions are going...
You don't understand why they were important. It is because you always have to be on guard against error and or/fraud.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Leave Icarus to his name calling and fantasy world.
He knows not what he speaks of. In his world a random JSOC dude in coolguy sunglasses can drop $2 million or more on what ever his little heart desires. He doesn't even know about level certifications, let alone the aquisitions process. Pointless.