10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

KitemanSA wrote:
Ivy Matt wrote:Regarding Rossi vs. EMC2, I don't recall anyone saying after one of the recent quarterly reports that this was the dawn of a new age, that oil was doomed,
Actually, Dr. B did say something along that line after WB6.
Actually what he said was that he was satisfied that the physics issues were answered. AND he said that after replication and pier review, if his conclusions were confirmed, a program to test scaling and engineering was warranted.
As far as replacing oil- sort of . With realistic time frames the Polywell could replace coal fired power plants first, then perhaps natural gas and oil plants (though if there is additional economical natural gas as currently claimed, this application might be delayed), produce fuel alcohols more efficiently, and even promote the extraction of heavy crude oil like that in Venezuela through process steam.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

icarus

Post by icarus »

Potassium Carbonate

KCO3

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

New Physics or incredible accomplishments?

1)Endothermic fusion reactions past 62Ni (I know this is laughed at by some, but I have found literally dozen's of credible references pointing this out and I have found none that counter to this view).
Other LENR claims mostly use reasonable fusion fuels such as D-D reactions. The nickel may have some role, but it is not as a fuel.

2) Some apparently secret way of isotopically purifying Nickel62.

3) Some secret catalyst (not the 62Ni)

3) Gamma radiation that is present only at times, and perhaps now is ignored.

4) Claims (Rossi's or others?) that neutrons might be involved, which would have to be magically supplied.

5) Incredible claims of heat production that is based on incredibly stupid and unreliably controlled steam production and quantifying methods.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

D Tibbets wrote:New Physics or incredible accomplishments?

1)Endothermic fusion reactions past 62Ni (I know this is laughed at by some, but I have found literally dozen's of credible references pointing this out and I have found none that counter to this view).
Other LENR claims mostly use reasonable fusion fuels such as D-D reactions. The nickel may have some role, but it is not as a fuel.

2) Some apparently secret way of isotopically purifying Nickel62.

3) Some secret catalyst (not the 62Ni)

3) Gamma radiation that is present only at times, and perhaps now is ignored.

4) Claims (Rossi's or others?) that neutrons might be involved, which would have to be magically supplied.

5) Incredible claims of heat production that is based on incredibly stupid and unreliably controlled steam production and quantifying methods.

Dan Tibbets
Dan do not search on Ni and H, I have not calculated from myself but if mass of product is lower than sum of masses of reactants that would be exo and not endo. Certainly, if that occurs.

But you are absolutely right on all others.
As we have seen the show like David Kopperfield or someone else.
No enrichment. For that millions dollars, large and certified facilities, etc. are required.
No excess energy but energy comparable with electric input + may be some chemical reaction.
What is one MW? This is only burning of about 428 kg of hydrocarbons in 5 hours.

To me laziness to search heat ability of nickel hydride, but I think that it has comparable value with hydrocarbons. Why the mass of recent “test” was higher then before? I guess because of air input with burning off nickel hydride, water as steam escaped reactor and nickel oxide remained there.
Hydrogen absorption ability by nickel is a function of temperature and pressure. As a rule that is not low. I provided earlier the link of energy storage on base nickel hydride proposed to use as power supply for robotic weapons.
I see people here are very credulous.

ndelta

Post by ndelta »

I am not sure if it matters or not, but that big orange box in the video is a 450kw generator, not a 500kw. There are numerous other ways that this could be faked, but I don't think that the generator running continuously is the most likely. That is, if you believe the numbers in the report in the first place.

toddzilla

Post by toddzilla »

I don't know about industrial generators, but it is really obvious when the generator we use as backup for the house is under load. It sounds totally different, as you would expect, when the motor has to produce more power. I'm thinking it should've been readily apparent to the observers in Italy if the generators were under load or just idling.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Absolutely true. I have lived with a 300 Kw Caterpillar generator running 24h/day under my office window for 1 year. You could guess exactly how many machines they was using in the plant from the noise of it.
The only problem I see is if someone there had the experience to evaluate it.

But Really, I think there is nothing more to be said on Rossi and his experiments for now.
If his customer is happy about the test let him pay and run the e-cat into his factory, and let Rossi pay UoB and start the experiments.
We will have the answer in a quicker and more reliable way than waiting for anything meaningful to come from Rossi.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

KitemanSA wrote:Can an imaginary customer have a real representitive? How bout if that representative is an actor playing a part in a play? You know, imaginary reality.
Works for me. In "the biz" they are called confederates.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

If his customer is happy about the test let him pay and run the e-cat into his factory, and let Rossi pay UoB and start the experiments.
We will have the answer in a quicker and more reliable way than waiting for anything meaningful to come from Rossi.
Yeppers...

parallel

Post by parallel »

Giorgio
But but but, you know Rossi is a fraud and the E-Cat doesn't work already. So what is the point of having UoB confirm that?

parallel

Post by parallel »

This is a good rebuttal to Krivit's accusation of fraud

http://pesn.com/2011/10/30/9501941_Rebu ... Fraudster/

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

D Tibbets wrote: New Physics or incredible accomplishments?

There are many ENDOthermic reactions beyond Nickel; Ni+Ni would be one example. But then there are many EXOthermic reactions too. H+Ni would be an example of that. And the problem with your references is that you seem to be insistant on reading more into them than they actually say. All of the references you have provided either supported my contention the H+Ni is exothermic or talked about processes in stars. This isn't a star. Other processes may apply in solid state.
D Tibbets wrote: 2) Some apparently secret way of isotopically purifying Nickel62.
As far as I know, he never said he "purified" 62Ni. He merely said he removed enogh of the Ni58 to eliminate radioactive wastes. And in any case, this would be new engineering, not new physics.
D Tibbets wrote: 3) Some secret catalyst (not the 62Ni)
In what way is this "new physics"?
D Tibbets wrote: 3) Gamma radiation that is present only at times, and perhaps now is ignored.
Again, what "new physics"? Better shielding, lower Ni58 content... Who knows. But what new physics?
D Tibbets wrote: 4) Claims (Rossi's or others?) that neutrons might be involved, which would have to be magically supplied.
I don't recall Rossi EVER saying neutrons. I do recall him saying NOT Widom Larsen which suggests NOT neutrons. But..
D Tibbets wrote: 5) Incredible claims of heat production that is based on incredibly stupid and unreliably controlled steam production and quantifying methods.
Really Dan? Are you claiming that such takes new physics? Stupidity is "new physics"?
Last edited by KitemanSA on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

polyill

Post by polyill »

parallel wrote:This is a good rebuttal to Krivit's accusation of fraud

EPIC

Maui

Post by Maui »

polyill wrote:
parallel wrote:This is a good rebuttal to Krivit's accusation of fraud

EPIC
So let me get this straight. We should believe Rossi is not a fraud because Hank can demonstrate that Rossi is partial to him? That's all I need!

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Giorgio
But but but, you know Rossi is a fraud and the E-Cat doesn't work already. So what is the point of having UoB confirm that?
Well, is not my money and is not my tax money also.
If someone wants to spend his money in this way is none of my business.

Sale done he said, good, let's move quickly part of this money to UoB, I have plenty of contacts there to get us some real data for free.

Why should I complain? :twisted: