10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

polyill

Post by polyill »

Skipjack wrote:
Shady customer, who's rep. wasn't supposed to be caught on camera, but there he is
Sorry, but this is not fair. Calling someone who does not want to be named "shady" is a far stretch!
If I was to look into buying Rossis device, I would not want to be named either, especially prior to testing it, to avoid any bad press
Pardon me, I gave you the credit - you'd do it all the way. You wouldn't let yourself be called by a NAME and a title of [strike]colonel[/strike]-engineer then release it to the PUBLIC. You'd stayed anonymous Customer Representative and you wouldn't be on ANY picture.
One also has to add that the report was admittedly a preliminary report handwritten within a very short time late that night. They will hopefully make a better one later. That is what Rossi admitted as well and he was asking for people to take that into consideration.
That's exactly what I am doing - taking into consideration ;)

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Another success for Rossi... and apparently this time he got paid.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... si-success

Is DARPA the mystery customer? That would be interesting.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

polyill

Post by polyill »

TallDave wrote:Another success for Rossi... and apparently this time he got paid.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... si-success

Is DARPA the mystery customer? That would be interesting.
The customer's controller, one Domenico Fioravanti, apparently reports to a man whose title is "Colonel". This suggests that the mystery customer might be DARPA, the Pentagon's extreme science wing which
LOLz :lol:

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

A few tidbits I have picked up which may be of interest here (I do not vouch for the veracity of these):

1) Based on the properties on the spreadsheet containing some of the test results, some have theorized that the mystery customer is: Manutencoop Facility Management

Manutencoop Website: http://www.manutencoopfm.it/

Seems like a plausible client as one of their businesses is "Heat Management" http://www.manutencoopfm.it/soluzioni_f ... calore.asp

Here is a brief Company Profile: http://investing.businessweek.com/resea ... Id=9156703

2) According to Rossi, the reactor would have (will) produce 1MW in Controlled Mode (requiring continuous power input) but the customer opted for a Self-Sustain Mode test yesterday which can only operate at lower temps (to avoid a run-away reaction?). True or not, this seems to be the explanation as to why only 479KW (vs. 1MW) was achieved in the test.

3) According to Jed Rothwell, the currently used E-Cat can only operate in Self-Sustain Mode for about six (6) hours without requiring re-ignition via a heat (power) application. Makes one wonder if this kind of a duty cycle even makes sense versus continuous control mode. If true, this would explain why Rossi has not let these demos run longer than 3 to 5 hours in self-sustain mode.
http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l%40 ... 53713.html

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Ivy Matt wrote:Regarding Rossi vs. EMC2, I don't recall anyone saying after one of the recent quarterly reports that this was the dawn of a new age, that oil was doomed,
Actually, Dr. B did say something along that line after WB6.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Skipjack wrote: 2. Polywell does not require new, undiscovered physics to work, or contradicts known physics. Rossi's device does require new physics.
Specifically what new physics please?

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Well, after all this, I'm still not sure what has been proven. A 479 kW LENR device is, of course, much more impressive than the 10 kW LENR device Rossi demonstrated in January, which was much more impressive than any other LENR experiment conducted previously...as long as you make certain assumptions about what the input power was.

Ah, well, I would like to congratulate Rossi on acquiring a customer. Bring on the commercialization. I'm looking forward to it. The science can wait until Piantelli releases his explanation of the physics behind Rossi's device in a month or so. :P
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

I suspect there are a number of groups "huddled in the dark" trying to duplicate Rossi right now. Good luck to them all!

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

KitemanSA wrote:
Ivy Matt wrote:Regarding Rossi vs. EMC2, I don't recall anyone saying after one of the recent quarterly reports that this was the dawn of a new age, that oil was doomed,
Actually, Dr. B did say something along that line after WB6.
Well, in that case, I'm surprised EMC2 hasn't attracted more free energy groupies. :wink:

fusionfan

Mystery customer seems to be Italian

Post by fusionfan »

In one of the blogs, I think NY Teknik, where they list the participants, the 4 customer-supplied people are listed as "italian".

This would be against the idea that the customer is DARPA, Google, or a big U.S. based multinational, though I suppose Google and multinationals do have people in Italy that they might send. e-cat.com does point to google.com/green, and this remains to be explained.

I did download the .xls file myself (that describes the heat results and that was uploaded by Rossi) and in the Properties section of the document, the author is removed (only a period), but the Company name field is left filled in as Manutencoop.

This was either unintentional or an intentional ruse. Given the informal ad hoc nature of this whole enterprise, I doubt that its a ruse, and the mystery customer may be Manutencoop.

In other writings, Rossi was referring to a "U.S." customer. There may be more than one customer.

The bottom line is, that following e-cat has been much more fun than following Polywell, lately, due to all of the fascinating goings on. Hope that Polywell winds up working, also.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

KitemanSA wrote:
Skipjack wrote: 2. Polywell does not require new, undiscovered physics to work, or contradicts known physics. Rossi's device does require new physics.
I don't know that I'd call it "new physics" myself, because I'm not certain what "new physics" means. The way I would put it is that a hypothesis is needed that explains how the Coulomb barrier is overcome in the conditions of Rossi's device, and that hypothesis needs to be falsifiable, so that an experiment can be devised to test it. None of this may be necessary for commercialization, of course. Then again, the nuclear regulatory agencies might be reluctant to approve a device that runs on magic.

And, since Chris hasn't been around lately:

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

If Widom-Larsen Theory describes e-cat, then it's old physics combined in a new way.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

KitemanSA wrote:I suspect there are a number of groups "huddled in the dark" trying to duplicate Rossi right now. Good luck to them all!
Good luck, indeed!

polyill

Post by polyill »

I am delighted to witness teh blog-war between Krivit and Lewan.
Evil producing more evil.

"Suck Satan's Cock" (c) Bill Hicks

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I have not seen any known physics that explain Rossi's device. IIRC, Rossi himself said that Widom- Larsen does not explain his reaction.
Either way, I was not under the impression that W-L theory was a generally accepted thory yet. I cant remember seeing any actual tests of it yet either....
So even that could be new physics in my book, though to a lesser extent.
Pardon me, I gave you the credit - you'd do it all the way. You wouldn't let yourself be called by a NAME and a title of [strike]colonel[/strike]-engineer then release it to the PUBLIC. You'd stayed anonymous Customer Representative and you wouldn't be on ANY picture.
I am not sure whether he wanted to be photographed there? Also I am not sure whether he was aware of the "colonel" being visible. In the whole turmoil with press releases interviews and wriring reports late at night, these things could happen.