10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:(Speaker, Macbeth: 2.1.44-46, 57-60)
I don't know who Speaker is, but the Macbeth was written by Shakespeare.
When you cut and paste from the web make at least sure you are cutting something correct. But I guess you are too much busy to cut and paste random stuff from the "net" to make up your theories and that this advice of mine will go unheard.

"Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast". - (Romeo and Juliet: II-III).

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

parallel wrote:KitemanSA,
I don't think he has "discovered" anything, except maybe that something makes anomalous heat.
I suppose those two bicycle mechanics didn't "discover" anything either, except maybe powered flight.
Is Rossi spacecraft mechanic? :)
I suppose nothing regarding him. Let's wait how he will sell his device.
And skill of mechanic is enough for estimation how well or badly man makes calorimetry. For this absolutely is not required to go in depth of quantum physics, to discuss Rydberg matter and its applicability for energy production. And, yes, Rydberg matter is a very exotic substance requiring for its creation very special conditions. Conditions that by definition can not be provided by some "secret" souse addition.
And what education you have?

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

DavidWillard wrote:
parallel wrote:KitemanSA,
I don't think he has "discovered" anything, except maybe that something makes anomalous heat.
I suppose those two bicycle mechanics didn't "discover" anything either, except maybe powered flight.
Oh if it was so easy to pigeon hole people by their class and status in society by their upbringing.

How about the son of an Idaho potato farmer who invented television and the fusor?

-Philo Farnsworth. To quote wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philo_Farnsworth

"Farnsworth was born on August 19, 1906, to Lewis Edwin Farnsworth and Serena Amanda Bastian, a Mormon couple then living in a log cabin built by Lewis's father in a place called Indian Creek near Beaver, Utah. The family moved to a farm in Rigby, Idaho, in 1918, where Lewis supplemented his farming income by hauling freight with his horse-drawn wagon"

Amazing things have been discovered and thought up by somewhat brilliant, but ordinary looking people. Best not judge a book by it's cover or class they have come from. That's what makes America and other groups of people who struggle to succeed glorious.

I hope it brings forth a substantial discovery or something new and anomalous and teach the ivory tower types that they don't know how it all works to make science better. I have been reading the thread for sometime and see the valid arguments for and against, but disdain class discrimination.
Rossi has shown no signs of brilliance and has mixed claims of not knowing the reaction and then theorizing on the reaction while not holding any formal education towards such (he is not a chemist, his degree is invalida in the U.S. where he obtained it) and he's not a physicist, let alone a nuclear physicist. Philo Farnsworth on the other hand, provided a theoretical possibility at a young age which was given to scientists who studied his design. The actual development of the television didn't come to many years later, after Philo persued valid education. No comparison can be made...

olivier

Post by olivier »

Joseph Chikva wrote:There was a French movie in my youth as well as Rossi's youth "Tall blonde with yellow boot".
"The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe" if I may correct. A good old spy comedy of the 70s. Well, I may be off-topic. :wink:

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

olivier wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:There was a French movie in my youth as well as Rossi's youth "Tall blonde with yellow boot".
"The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe" if I may correct. A good old spy comedy of the 70s. Well, I may be off-topic. :wink:
Correct, quite a funny movie.
As for being offtopic don't worry, I don't think there is a topic anymore here :twisted:

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

olivier wrote:
In Soviet Union in the title of that movie the talk was about another yellow shoe. I recall that movie because of spy history "customer would not like to be taped" :)

Axil

Post by Axil »

The transmutation data that appears in the recent presentation slides from Dr. George Miley that I recently referenced in a past post is offered as evidence that anomalous nuclear reactions are occurring in cold fusion and that cold fusion is a fact.

Holmlid and Miley claim to have evidence of tiny bits of hydrogen a million times denser than liquid H2. No one bares any blame at this juncture for being completely skeptical that processes inside the Rossi core can do this, even on a temporary time frame; and the only evidence of it today is the implication from half a dozen papers which indicate that so-called pycno-hydrogen exists (under many different names, even IRH or Inverse Rydberg Hydrogen). Rossi’s results are consistent with this modality.

I have offered certain research and theory papers available on the internet in order to interpret how recent research may be consistent with the so-called pycno-hydrogen hypothesis.

I am currently of the opinion that resistance to accepting the possibility of cold fusion is understandable through closed minded on the part of many at least as a speculation. This close minded way of thinking, the reluctance to accept new things, and the emotionalism displayed by some may be rooted in the fact that cold fusion is based primarily on the weirdness of quantum mechanics being far removed from everyday life.

Currently quantum mechanics is very much an open book with new things discovered almost every day. It is essentially an experimental science because the math needed to make informed predictions in a many body environment just does not exist.

Having been faced with this situation together with its unfortunate history with reference to cold fusion, early on, Rossi decided that a logical scientific argument was not the best or fastest way to present cold fusion to the world.

Rossi instinctively recognized that the most powerful motivator of human nature whether that nature is being expressed in terms of business, government or simply the guy on the street is competition. For Rossi, data and the scientific argument is not the most effective way to his goal.

If an innovative business can use cold fusion to gain a conclusive edge on its competition using cold fusions decisive and practical economic advantages, all other business must follow its lead or eventually face bankruptcy; no matter what the religious, scientific, ideological, or strategic position of those other companies might be.

The same is true for national governments. If one nation gains through the adoption of cold fusion a decisive competitive global economic and military advantage over all others, all these other national governments must eventually follow along the same path of this early adopter or eventually lose out to the demands of global competition.

For example, even if lowly starving North Korea or bankrupt Greece first adopts cold fusion to generate power and support its industry, that innovative country will eventually force the all-powerful US government to incentivize the adoption of cold fusion no matter how the Nuclear Regulatory Commission decides to disrupt the cold fusion initiative based on the traditional fear of possible military or radiation dangers that this disruptive technology might imply.

If a nuclear scientist who has spent his whole life studying the intricate and obscure ways of the fission process of the light water reactor or the hot fusion process of the tokomak, no matter how distasteful, that person will be brought to heel and must eventually come over and embrace the new cold fusion theory of the Rossi reactor because that is where all the work is or ever will be...or he can retire.

When one analyzes the Rossi thought process, one must weigh in heavily the primacy of competition as a means and a method in the Rossi commercial and engineering strategy.

Like the tiniest of sparks struck in a tinder dry forest, a conflagration of the old naysayer doctrinaire will once started be irresistible and unstoppable; according to Rossi, Now, the time is growing short so hold on, be witness to the truth, or at lease enjoy the ride.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Yes, and the holy spirit will descend upon Rossi and rise him to new messiah status.

You have some serious issues Axil.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Giorgio wrote:
When you cut and paste from the web make at least sure you are cutting something correct. But I guess you are too much busy to cut and paste random stuff from the "net" to make up your theories and that this advice of mine will go unheard.

Shakespeare who was the author of Macbeth is common knowledge worldwide and need not be explicitly stated, IMHO.

Macbeth is a character in the play of the same name and mouthed(Speaker) the quoted words.

Your feeling, advice, theories, and opinions are at the forefront of my mind as witnessed by this post.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Mr. Axil, you are speaking using only common phrase, saying "mainstream science does not accept Rydberg matter but here is" and quoted the paper of quite mainstream science institution- one of main institute of Russia. And there was nothing about energy production opportunity.
Nobody denies importance of quantum physics. But at physics faculties at first learn classical and only then the quantum physics. I see your problems with classic if you assert that cold fusion is a proved fact. At least Rossi has proved nothing yet. And that is fact. If only not considering as the proof two shown by him demos with swinging of hose. Was there proper calorimetry? Or on base of what you confirm about evidence of excess energy production?

Regarding innovation and "almighty US Government" and expected impact on global politics of fusion
I am not sure that at today’s political situation USA won't concede his leadership to China faster than today’s trend. When there will be accessible to all energy, competitive advantages will be got by that whose labor is cheaper.
And main holders of main oil&gas deposits around the world are USA based or Western World companies. And today’s politics and democracy export like we that or not turns around oil. But in 30-50 years by the end of oil era situation will change.

Sorry, Rossi has nothing to do with all above mentioned.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:
Giorgio wrote:

Shakespeare who was the author of Macbeth is common knowledge worldwide and need not be explicitly stated, IMHO.

Macbeth is a character in the play of the same name and mouthed(Speaker) the quoted words.

Your feeling, advice, theories, and opinions are at the forefront of my mind as witnessed by this post.
The point was not to discuss about Macbeth author, but to let you think over the fact that simply cutting and pasting stuff from the Web without reading, understanding and checking the content is a bad system to try to impress other readers and can generally backfire.

Also, funny attempts to justify a mistake are sometime worst than the mistake itself.
In theatrical scripts the "Speaker" dialogues are the one of the narrator not present on the scene, else the name of the character is reported.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Giorgio wrote:Yes, and the holy spirit will descend upon Rossi and rise him to new messiah status.

You have some serious issues Axil.
Yes, if Rossi can get cold fusion into the main stream he deserves some respect even though he has flaws; but who among us is perfect.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Respect is something you earn, is not something due.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Giorgio wrote:
Axil wrote:
Giorgio wrote: I don't know who Speaker is, but the Macbeth was written by Shakespeare.

The point was not to discuss about Macbeth author, but to let you think over the fact that simply cutting and pasting stuff from the Web without reading, understanding and checking the content is a bad system to try to impress other readers and can generally backfire.

Also, funny attempts to justify a mistake are sometime worst than the mistake itself.
In theatrical scripts the "Speaker" dialogues are the one of the narrator not present on the scene, else the name of the character is reported.

If I have made a mistake with regards to theatrical scripts, I do not fully understand it yet. Please if you would be so kind to help and provide a reference so I can learn more; the rules and conventions of theatrical scripts.

Everybody makes mistakes but learning from them is what is important.