10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ScottL

Re: 10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Post by ScottL »

parallel wrote:Ladajo,
ladajo wrote:To be totally fair, he is not really a Doctor. He is the italian version of a long track Bachelor's , which may kind of translate to a light Master's. Is it a terminology mismatch.
Yes he is. He was awarded a PhD. That is what the University says anyway. I suppose you know better.

Likewise as you and your troll friends know everything already I won't even bother post the link to the report of Blacklight Power's demo yesterday, nor comment on the significance of Industrial Heat LLD's purchase of the rights to Rossi's E-Cat.
False.

Per http://www.nyteknik.se/incoming/article ... _Milan.pdf

Rossi holds a Laurea of Philosophy, the modern day equivalent of a bachelors plus a year of research. While originally this was the only degree available at the time of his attending, it is not equivalent to a PhD and at best can be translated up to a masters if they've completed adequate research time. The only other degree claimed by Mr. Rossi is one from Kensington University which was subsequantly investigated and shutdown by both California and Hawaii for handing out advanced degrees
which may have little if any academic value
found here
http://articles.latimes.com/1996-04-23/ ... university

So to rehash, he has a bachelors in philosophy.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Yes he is. He was awarded a PhD. That is what the University says anyway.
Show me.

You should also know that I am fluent in Italian and have lived there. I am guessing you are not and have not.

Rossi is no PhD. You are wrong.

Once again you show your tendency to believe what you read on the internet as fact.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

polyill

Post by polyill »

You have just completely ruined my poetic equation. I am sad. :(

EDIT ...come, parallel, we can have a causy blue together. People here are so entrenched in facts and tiny details...

JohnFul

Post by JohnFul »

419 pages of Rossi on the board, 419 pages of Rossi... take one down, pass it around, 418 pages of Rossi on the board ...

Give it a rest. When will the insanity end?

polyill

Post by polyill »

JohnFul wrote:... Give it a rest. When will the insanity end?
It's here for your reference, so you could define sane, when in doubt.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Thanks for sharing Axil.

I wonder how Rossi's longer-running machines are doing?

I suspect Rossi still doesn't have a strong understanding of the effect he's trying to commercialize. McKubre's take is probably correct and would be typical for efforts of this kind. The effect may not even be commercializable, though I think it is hard to argue there is no effect here.

Anyways DOE's wasted tens of billions on tokamaks, so why not take a look at LENR? Probably better than whatever they were going to waste it on.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I wonder how Rossi's longer-running machines are doing?
Sarcasm or honest inquiry?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

parallel

Post by parallel »

Here is a very good, detailed essay by Jed Rothwell.

Essay Abstract

Cold fusion is a form of nuclear energy produced in metals saturated with hydrogen or heavy hydrogen (deuterium). It has been replicated in hundreds of major laboratories, and these replications have been published in mainstream, peer-reviewed journals. This literature shows that cold fusion can generate heat at temperatures and power density equivalent to a fission reactor core. It has sometimes produced high power, 20 to 100 watts, in reactions that produced roughly 100,000 times more energy than any chemical fuel.

http://fqxi.org/data/essay-contest-file ... ion_es.pdf

The six month independent test of Rossi's E-Cat HT is due for completion this month, so i expect further confirmation in a couple of months after that, when the results are published

rcain

Post by rcain »

HOLY SHIT! did i miss something? has someone DONE cold fusion. WOW! why wasn't it in all the papers & on TV? i must be so out of touch & underinformed. glad i cam back a visiting. ;)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

No you have not missed anything. A few people have claimed to have done something called LENR (sometimes referred to as cold fusion), but the jury is still out on whether they really have something or whether they are just crooks or self delusional. I would like the first to be true, but I am afraid chances are small.

parallel

Post by parallel »

A few people have claimed to have done something called LENR
The pathological pseudo skeptics have trouble denying that hundreds of experiments have shown anomalous heat, many in large corporate labs and even the US government. See http://www.lenrproof.com for references.
When you have excess energy in the range of 1 - 100 watts it is not difficult to measure and certainly is not delusional.

I left this blog some months ago, except for the occasiona; visit, because it has been destroyed by idiotic trolls. Possibly they will quiet down when the results of the long term test of Rossi's E-Cat HT are published in a few months but I wouldn't bet on it. They are pathological.

Adrian Ashfield

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

parallel wrote:
A few people have claimed to have done something called LENR
The pathological pseudo skeptics have trouble denying that hundreds of experiments have shown anomalous heat, many in large corporate labs and even the US government. See http://www.lenrproof.com for references.
When you have excess energy in the range of 1 - 100 watts it is not difficult to measure and certainly is not delusional.

I left this blog some months ago, except for the occasiona; visit, because it has been destroyed by idiotic trolls. Possibly they will quiet down when the results of the long term test of Rossi's E-Cat HT are published in a few months but I wouldn't bet on it. They are pathological.

Adrian Ashfield
Putting your credentials into context
In the interest of adding more diverse and interesting content to this site, I have invited a couple of people to post directly to my blog to make it even awesomer than it already is.

Havertown's Adrian Ashfield, a retired engineer, will be the first to join. He will post under the pseudonym "parallel."

You might notice that at the bottom of his posts it says "posted by Spencerblog." That is because we have yet to work out how to change that to say "posted by parallel," or "posted by Adrian." Whatever. We'll work that out next week.

In the meantime, he will make clear at the beginning of each post that it is him posting, not me.

Educated in England and come to America by way of Canada, Ashfield worked for a number of large international firms before starting his own consulting business. He's lived in Havertown since 1989 with his wife, Shelley, who is a logistics analyst at Boeing and, according to Adrian, an "absolutely delight." They have a 16-year old daughter, who attends Haverford High School.

Welcome aboard Adrian.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

I think the credential context would be better if actual educational institutions and fields of study were supplied as well. In some non-U.S. countries you can claim to be an engineer with no formal education or licensing. Not saying this is what he did, but actual educational backgrounds tend to alleviate misconceptions.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I think Adrian aka "parallel" Ashfield has made it clear he is not an actual engineer related to the topic at hand by his post content and observations. He is clearly a professional cheerleader.

If I could be bothered, I would be happy to go back and repost his many pro-Rossi pronouncements and claims that have yet come to pass in spite of the certainty claimed at the times they were made.

Rossi is so full of shit it has not been worth posting on for a while. That is why I choose to ignore the Cheerleader.

So a year from now when Rossi still has nothing what will you say Adrian? You may recall I have asked you this several times over the last couple of years...