10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Axil

Re: 10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Post by Axil »

generally LENER attempts employs deuterium. Rossi's plain hydrogen "fuel" typically fuses at a rate ~ 10^20 times slower than deuterium. If Rossi is right then all other LENER efforts should be producing fusion rates that is enormous.
There is a flaw in this logic. You have no idea what the LENR reaction is so why state anything about it. Why start this fantasy discussion?

rcain

Post by rcain »

how many years has this f'cking thread been going?

Axil

Post by Axil »

This Ni/H reactor Doc is interesting:

Theoretical Analysis and Reaction Mechanisms for Experimental Results of Hydrogen-Nickel Systems

The big reveal here is the "Bosenova" and the Localized magnetic traps (LMT).

And the huge magnetic fields produced by just heating up some dust.

To my way of thinking, Localized magnetic traps (LMT) are EMF solitons that amplify and modify infrared photons into entangled spin dominated quasiparticles.

Through some new physics (maybe String-net liquid), they project anaopole based magnetism amplified to huge levels by dark mode whispering gallery wave resonance.

When these quasiparticles generate a magnetically mediated nuclear reaction, the associated energy is transferred to them and is shared by the other members of the LMT condensate which use this infrared energy to grow the collective power level of the soliton condensate.

This magnetically mediated nuclear reaction can be fusion, fission and/or alpha/beta decay, but always produces positive levels of nuclear binding energy as the nucleus(s) are reorganized.

This infrared energy has been frequency downshifted from gamma levels by the LMT condensate.

But quantum mechanics absolutely requires that the transfer of nuclear energy break the LMT away from the extended soliton entangled ensemble.

This energy transfer causes the LMT to collapse into decoherence causing a "Bosenova",

This collapse will transform the light confined in the soliton into many electrons as the Floquet-Bloch state (light electron mixture) is disrupted. This should result in large numbers of excess electrons produced inside the Ni/H reactor as gamma level nuclear binding energy is converted into electrons.

By the way, Rossi has reported lots of excess electrons coming off his reactor. This is an apparent violation of the conservation of charge since he uses only heat to excite the particle zoo.

parallel

Post by parallel »

rcain,
Since Wed Jul 20, 2011

How long have you been bleating about the Polywell? 2008?

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

Imagine that
Discussing Polywell on Polywell dedicated forum
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

rcain

Post by rcain »

parallel wrote:rcain,
Since Wed Jul 20, 2011

How long have you been bleating about the Polywell? 2008?
hehe! touche! still, at least i don't feel guilty about it.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Axil wrote:Let us compare Rossi against ITER, who is the biggest swindler. Rossi used his own money, ITER use public money. A few million for Rossi compared to 50 billion for ITER. ITER will never work, so why not pull its plug?
Because the RIGHT people get the money?

Axil

Post by Axil »

http://www.nature.com/srep/2012/120704/ ... 00492.html

Magnetic light

One of the mysteries of the DGT reactor is how that device can produce such a huge magnetic fields(1.6T) just by heating a pile of dust.

Light (AKA heat) can produce magnetism when the nanoparticles are configure correctly. These nanoparticles can produce a magnetic dipole where the magnetic field is emitted from the center point of a light ring produced by running light around in a circle.
'Seeing is believing' is an idiom supported by people since ancient times. To see a medium response to the magnetic field component of light, 'magnetic light', by naked eyes would be an additional proof of the concept of metamaterials, which people can design to control light at the new level beyond nature.

In this paper, we experimentally demonstrate for the first time that spherical silicon nanoparticles with sizes in the range from 100 nm to 200 nm have strong magnetic dipole response in the visible spectral range. The scattered “magnetic” light by these nanoparticles is so strong that it can be easily seen under a dark-field optical microscope. The wavelength of this magnetic resonance can be tuned throughout the whole visible spectral range from violet to red by just changing the nanoparticle size."

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

What surprised me is that anywone survived the DGT test demo if a 1.6T field was present. That's about the intensity of your typical medical MRI machine. And there are plenty of examples of what happens when anything ferromagnetic is brought near that:

http://www.simplyphysics.com/flying_objects.html

Axil

Post by Axil »

Asterix wrote:What surprised me is that anywone survived the DGT test demo if a 1.6T field was present. That's about the intensity of your typical medical MRI machine. And there are plenty of examples of what happens when anything ferromagnetic is brought near that:

http://www.simplyphysics.com/flying_objects.html

http://matslew.wordpress.com/2013/07/24 ... -in-milan/
UPDATE: I forgot to say that according to CTO John Hadjichristos there are HUGE magnetic fields inside the reactor as a result of the reaction, in the order of 1 Tesla if I remember right, possibly due to extremely strong currents over very short distances. Hadjichristos says the field is shielded by double Faraday cages, probably the reactor body and the external metal cover outside the heat insulation.

I will do your research for you if you are just too lazy.

quixote

Post by quixote »

I thought Faraday cages couldn't block static or nearly static magnetic fields. This page over at Princeton seems to confirm my vague recollection: http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/ ... _cage.html. Although without knowing how fast the field is changing, I suppose we can't call BS on it with surety.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Ha! 1.6T is nothing, FF claims to create 100,000T magnetic fields.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

Axil

Post by Axil »

TallDave wrote:Ha! 1.6T is nothing, FF claims to create 100,000T magnetic fields.

100,000T at 20 Centmeters or inside the plasmid? Tell me this; what would the magnetic field need to be at one (1) nanometer to produce a magnetic field of 1.6T at 20 centimeters?

I would say about 10^^16T

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

At any rate, as noted, a Faraday cage is electrostatic shielding, not magnetic. So, do your own research.

The amount of force exerted by a 1.6T field on a closely-placed Permalloy shield would be huge--yet I saw no evidence of such a shield in the Hyperion, which would be hard to miss.

I'm not checking in here very often, owing to the erratic problem of not being able to post (timeouts, server failures), so believe what you'd like.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Not-so-new article about Brillouin. I'm not sure it's been posted here.
Brillouin has raised about $3 million in funding. A “second stage” $20M investment conditional agreement from Sunrise Securities of New York for $20 million is now in place.

The Sunrise deal offers to purchase 15% of Brillouin post-money, conditional on Brillouin moving ahead with and completing successful testing of its CECR at SRI.
http://oilprice.com/Alternative-Energy/ ... erest.html