10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

seedload

Re: 10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Post by seedload »

Joseph Chikva wrote: Will anyone be in Hollywood?
This is where David Copperfield gives his show twice or three times a day.
https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/book ... e=HTDC2013
Venue: Hollywood Theatre
Tickets starting at $69.00
If anyone will be in Hollywood, I am not sure what good it will do because Hollywood is just the name of the venue and it is at the MGM Mirage in Las Vegas.
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
TallDave wrote:Will anyone be in Austin, TX in early August?

http://www.ni.com/niweek/

This is where Defkalion has reportedly been telling everyone they will do a public demo.

They're also giving a paper at this, apparently: http://iccf18.research.missouri.edu/
David Copperfield has been hailed by audiences and critics alike as the greatest illusionist of our time. In addition to decades of network television events, worldwide tours, and "Dreams and Nightmares,"
That's quite a compliment to LENR researchers, Copperfield has an estimated net worth of $150M and, as stated above, is "the greatest illusionist of our time." Sadly, I don't think they merit such confidence. But while I doubt Rossi or anyone at Defkalion is the greatest illusionist of our time, I remain open to any wild thaumaturgical conspiracy theories thereof.

If anyone goes, some pictures would be greatly appreciated. Big bonus if you get a shot of a Defkalion employee with some sort of induction heater up their sleeve. 8)
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

seedload wrote:...because Hollywood is just the name of the venue and it is at the MGM Mirage in Las Vegas.
Ok, Las Vegas.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

TallDave wrote:Big bonus if you get a shot of a Defkalion employee with some sort of induction heater up their sleeve. 8)
To deserve a bonus is not so difficult. If to explain that some excess heat over electric heating without any doubt goes from chemical reaction of formulation of nickel hydride. Rossy told about nickel nano powder. As "nano" means chemically activated.
Only manipulation with phase transition allow them to make fool some people like Mr. kahuna, at al.
They need not induction heater for this purpose.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Defka​lion webcast officially confirmed

Roberta De Carolis (Tuesday, 16 July 2013 12:28).

The CEO of Defkalion Europe Franco Cappiello wrote to us:
“There will be an official announcement of this technology during ICCF 18 (International Conference Cold Fusion 18) at the University of Missouri (USA). For those interested you can see this webcast of all phases of the experiment , ignition, performance and switching off. Two independent scientists and two science journalists at international level will participate in this broadcast, as well as a member of the Cicap. ”

http://www.nextme.it/scienza/energia/60 ... ine-luglio

Regarding Cicap

Cynical skeptics have often complained that a magician or some sort of fraud expert should have been present during public LENR demos to check for possible tricks that regular scientists couldn't think of. Their wish has been fulfilled.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Axil wrote:Cynical skeptics have often complained that a magician or some sort of fraud expert should have been present during public LENR demos to check for possible tricks that regular scientists couldn't think of. Their wish has been fulfilled.
I am very cynical skeptic and please explain what "magician or some sort of fraud expert" is?
And also how wish of people like me was fulfilled?

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
Axil wrote:Cynical skeptics have often complained that a magician or some sort of fraud expert should have been present during public LENR demos to check for possible tricks that regular scientists couldn't think of. Their wish has been fulfilled.
I am very cynical skeptic and please explain what "magician or some sort of fraud expert" is?
I only know James Randi, who is a sceptic and debunker of all paranormal and in a few cases also of scientific selfdelusion, is a magician (he toured with Alice Cooper).
His profession gives him the skill to understand how the human mind can be fooled to see something that is not really there.
I highly recommend his NASA lecture.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Skipjack wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:
I only know James Randi, who is a sceptic and debunker of all paranormal and in a few cases also of scientific selfdelusion, is a magician (he toured with Alice Cooper).
His profession gives him the skill to understand how the human mind can be fooled to see something that is not really there.
I highly recommend his NASA lecture.
The American version:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committee_ ... al_Inquiry

fondly referred to as PSICOPs.

Take note:
...Kurtz to invite "as many skeptical researchers as [he] could locate" to the 1976 conference with the aim of establishing a new organization dedicated to examining critically a wide range of paranormal claims.[6] Amongst those invited were Martin Gardner, Ray Hyman, James Randi, and Marcello Truzzi, all members of the Resources for the Scientific Evaluation of the Paranormal (RSEP), a fledgling group with objectives similar to those CSI would subsequently adopt.[5] Kurtz was successful in his aims; RSEP disbanded and its members, along with others such as Carl Sagan, Isaac Asimov, B.F. Skinner, and Philip J. Klass joined Kurtz to form CSICOP.[7]

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

I really enjoyed watching Randi debunk countless claimed phenomena over the years. His million dollar challenge and the forum he used to host online for those attempting to take the challenge also was very entertaining and interesting to read. He made almost a personal vendetta against that spoon bender guy (Uri Geller) -- set him up well to fail on national TV on Johnny Carson's show. I haven't followed him recently, but I do think, IIRC, that he was interviewed on Rossi's device and came out against him pretty strongly in his comments. However, Randi did not have access to a Rossi experiment, but I'd love to see a guy like that go over an E-Cat demo.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
TallDave wrote:Big bonus if you get a shot of a Defkalion employee with some sort of induction heater up their sleeve. 8)
To deserve a bonus is not so difficult. If to explain that some excess heat over electric heating without any doubt goes from chemical reaction of formulation of nickel hydride. Rossy told about nickel nano powder. As "nano" means chemically activated.
Only manipulation with phase transition allow them to make fool some people like Mr. kahuna, at al.
They need not induction heater for this purpose.
Not an interesting idea, this isn't P&F, chemical trickery was ruled out long ago by the amount of energy involved. You either need a hidden external energy source or an order-of-magnitude measurement error.

I asked but was not able to confirm Defkalion will be at NI Week. That rumor may have been false. The other one may be their only demo.
-------
Donya Cobb

9:04 PM (17 hours ago)

to me
I do not see that name in our database. To view the NIWeek session go to http://www.ni.com/niweek/conference-content/ and click on View the online session catalog

----- Forwarded by Donya Cobb/AUS/NIC on 07/16/2013 09:03 PM -----
-------
https://niweek2013.activeevents.com/con ... =1&sortBy=
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Axil wrote:Defka​lion webcast officially confirmed
Thanks Axil, interesting Rossi quote there:
"This event means that for the first time an E-Cat is not built by me, not checked by me, not loaded by me and not tested in my factory, but assembled by third parties to our instructions and knowledge, it worked properly, "he written, the Italian inventor on his blog.
Did they steal Rossi's secret heat inducer? Maybe Randi will find out...

Axil

Post by Axil »

http://www.drboblog.com/defkalion-public-demonstration/

More info on Defkalion Green Technologies upcoming reactor demos.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Company will perform 2 demos from 2 different locations (Vancouver and Milano) during next week.
First demonstration 22 July 2013
For European Audience the demos will be 23rd July. (possible earlier)
Interesting. That sounds like they'll be demoing two machines.

I wonder if it will draw much attention. I was really looking forward to the NI demo, thought that might make more of a wave.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

TallDave wrote:You either need a hidden external energy source or an order-of-magnitude measurement error.
order-of-magnitude measurement error can come from not considering hiden energy of vaporization.
Only by this can be explained why Rossi uses phase transition in his first demo.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Sounds like this is what they'll be demoing:
Direction two is the licensing of rights sold on our completed product; the Hyperion (45 kW of thermal energy in a self-contained
45x45x45cm box fully automated with internal software and heat management system).
http://defkalion-energy.com/business/

Magic vaporizing beans sold separately, I presume. :)

I wonder how many of these they've delivered to partners for evaluation. I'd sure as hell want to hold onto one for a few months before I signed any agreements.