10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Axil

Re: 10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Post by Axil »

sorry if this has already been posted;

http://www.e-catworld.com/2013/05/rossi ... -business/

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Didn't Rossi say that he ceded "control" of the company like a year or so ago? I think that turned out to be some thing where he "sold" the company to his wife.

Maybe she sold it to the Rossi Family Trust.

Giggle. Whatever.

"Where's the beef?"
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

paperburn1 wrote:The following was submitted as why Rossi was wrong , it follows what I was told growing up. So far as I know there has not been a LENR with energy produced in the amounts professed by Rossi.
Paperburn1:
Please don't bring up that silliness again. Look at my signature. It is a reminder to the last person who maintained that falsity to do his math correctly, and to think of the hydrogen that gets added to the Ni. Ni+H=Cu +~7-8MeV of energy. The transmutation (call it fusion if you must) of Hydrogen with anything (except Helium) produces energy. Actually, there MAY be one more, but I don't remember which.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

???? Why? It was and idea submitted for opinions and questions. The man is an astrophysicist and I wanted to hear others opinion on the subject. I can push Trons around for a living but sa lot of this on this forum is above my level . And the statement of as far as I know still stands about rossi reaction being the only one with such high output of excess energy. curious minds want to know.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

paperburn1 wrote: ... skipped ....
I do not approve of intellectual dishonesty.[/i]
Quite an irony my friend ;o)

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

KitemanSA is misusing his signature. It comes from my struggles to understand and explain the missing mass, strong force/ electromagnetic force relationship. I made several math errors before settling on the real explanation described in many references , that state that Nickle 62 is the most stable /lowest potential energy neucleus possible. That is why adding nucleons (fusion) to lighter nuclei generates kinetic energy (heat) while removing nucleons from heavier nuclei (fission) generates kinetic energy. Any reaction towards Nickel 62 is exothermic and any reaction away is endothermic* the time Rossi was claiming that his E-Cat produced Copper63 from Nickel62 and a proton and this was the source of his heat. He has since abandoned this "theory" so the point is moot.

The quantity of claimed energy of thousand of Watts instead of a few Watts is what is pertinent here. This magnitude of energy output is extremely easy to demonstrate unequivocally , yet Rossi is incapable or unwilling to do so. This strongly implies extreme incompetence or outright fraud. His games with steam clouds have been repeatably shown to be unrealistic and flawed (a very, very generous interpretation).

* The endothermic/ exothermic nature of the many nuclear reactions is complex and there are many possible intermediates that may may release energy (like various unstable isomers) but the energy first had to be put into that unstable isomer. The final stable reactants and products are what determine the overall energy balance of the system.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

Axil

Post by Axil »

D Tibbets wrote:KitemanSA is misusing his signature. It comes from my struggles to understand and explain the missing mass, strong force/ electromagnetic force relationship. I made several math errors before settling on the real explanation described in many references , that state that Nickle 62 is the most stable /lowest potential energy neucleus possible. That is why adding nucleons (fusion) to lighter nuclei generates kinetic energy (heat) while removing nucleons from heavier nuclei (fission) generates kinetic energy. Any reaction towards Nickel 62 is exothermic and any reaction away is endothermic* the time Rossi was claiming that his E-Cat produced Copper63 from Nickel62 and a proton and this was the source of his heat. He has since abandoned this "theory" so the point is moot.

The quantity of claimed energy of thousand of Watts instead of a few Watts is what is pertinent here. This magnitude of energy output is extremely easy to demonstrate unequivocally , yet Rossi is incapable or unwilling to do so. This strongly implies extreme incompetence or outright fraud. His games with steam clouds have been repeatably shown to be unrealistic and flawed (a very, very generous interpretation).

* The endothermic/ exothermic nature of the many nuclear reactions is complex and there are many possible intermediates that may may release energy (like various unstable isomers) but the energy first had to be put into that unstable isomer. The final stable reactants and products are what determine the overall energy balance of the system.

Dan Tibbets
It’s ironic. The copper in the Rossi ash was most probably contamination. Kite and D Tibbets argued about something in 200 post that was nonexistent. Kite even has his signature reflect it. What a waste of time and effort over nothing.

Forget it. Please don't start all over again.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

stefanbanev wrote:
paperburn1 wrote: ... skipped ....
I do not approve of intellectual dishonesty.[/i]
Quite an irony my friend ;o)
Everything in italics were not my words. So not an irony.
EDIT reading back posts I can see that my question may open old wounds and that was not my intent. So forget what I said and find something more relevant to discuss.
""waves hand "this is not the thread you are looking for""
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

pbelter

Post by pbelter »

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

paperburn1 wrote:???? Why? It was and idea submitted for opinions and questions. The man is an astrophysicist and I wanted to hear others opinion on the subject. I can push Trons around for a living but sa lot of this on this forum is above my level . And the statement of as far as I know still stands about rossi reaction being the only one with such high output of excess energy. curious minds want to know.
Read back through the argument ad-nauseum regarding this topic. No need to reprise. If you add something with ZERO binding energy to ANYTHING stable you will release energy (except the incredibly stable Helium). Do some numbers yourself to convince yourself. Have fun.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Gary Wright over at ShutDownRossi is on the attack again. He is seeking to poke some holes in Rossi's latest Patent efforts.

Rossi EPO Updates Critique and Hyperbole
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

pbelter wrote:New attempt at explaining LENR

http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/201 ... ar-fusion/
So far all theories to explain LENR did not demonstrate the advantage to design an actual CF apparatus. The ideas go public if it appears hopeless to make money, it's a law... rarely exceptions did happen mostly because at the beginning inventor(s) could not recognize the scale of $-opportunity or credentials suck; frankly, it is quite challenging do not recognize the potential of practically valuable LENR findings ;o)

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

I'm more than a little confused over this Rossi thing.

Where and when did Rossi ever attribute the energy output from his "hot cat" to LENR?

Is it just other people who are attributing the heat output to LENR because they want some sort of validation for LENR? Is it a matter of "it can't be chemical, so it must be LENR?"

That's really strange because I didn't see anyone attributing Muammar Yildiz' magnet motor to a LENR process.

Rossi has said that he no longer needs his magic catalyst, so what does he really have inside that pipe?

Axil

Post by Axil »

Asterix wrote:I'm more than a little confused over this Rossi thing.

Rossi has said that he no longer needs his magic catalyst....?
Do you have a reference for this statement?

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Axil wrote:
Asterix wrote:I'm more than a little confused over this Rossi thing.

Rossi has said that he no longer needs his magic catalyst....?
Do you have a reference for this statement?
Yeah his patent.